nissan cefiro a33 ABS problem

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Everytime when I start my car, put it to D and accelerate, there will be some sort of grinding sound, but this only happens once when I start the car only at the first time, after that there wont be any sound until the next cycle. Took it the SC, and they said its something to do with the ABS and it's common for some older A33's. I told the mechanic that once I did an emergency brakes, the exact sound came and the brakes were like some how jam until I re pump.. so they did a emergency brake test and concluded that the brakes are fine..
my mech said it could be the ABS pump, but its a gamble, and also the spare part is rare.
Anyone else have this similar problem or know any experience Nissan mechanic to resolve this issue?

kyokonitori88

Nov 13, 2012
Osaka, Japan
The RMR RM500 will unveil a new line of RMR products

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

I got this nissan cefiro 1999 model, the problem is there were times when i start the car the engine goes on
for few seconds then it will go off
Now the car wont start anymore. The mechanic says there is no electric power going to spark plugs

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Brakes all has been serviced, flushed, all 4 new brake pads, brake disc skimmed. Nissan SC stated its from the ABS and its a common problem, but im not sure which part of the ABS is making that sound,