Need help improving SEG converted to blacktop

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Agree with Sam-Q la... anything more than 2.3 or so would just be an overkill for street use...

nommiey

From Facebook
Apr 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Thanks for so many inputs. Now I know how to drive this car nicely. Tried revving to 6k rpm before changing gears totally change how I feel about the car. Feels so nice. Not to forget new engine oil also contribute to the nice feeling hehe.

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Glad you have discovered shifting at 6000 rpm.
Also converted to 6 speed almost a year now. Stock, no modification yet. The 6 speed can easily overtake Civic, Lancer 2.0 but must shift above 6000 rpm ye...

But must sacrifice $ use RON 97 only for optimum performance.

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ohh.. ok :biggrin: now I understand. but 1 more thing to ask is that when I push alot of gas to overtake, there will be metal grinding sound from the engine around 2.5-3.5k rpm. why is that happening? Is that engine knocking sound? it sound kerekerekere or something like that. I might take an audio file to show u all later. I am a noob lady driver of this car hahaha.
this issue similar to my car last month !!! what you going to do is check the distributor setting !!! maybe out already !!! suggest you to tune again using inductive pick-up timing light !!! my car got no problem already after done it !!!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Good for you Nommiey... Glad you are learning to love it.. Treasure it. You got a gem there! But, for daily drive, I wouldn't recommend to always shift at 6k rpm la... If not, kedarah also... Bad for pocket. It's okay for occasional burst of speeds. Shift at 7.2k or 8k rpm for max performance. But at normal times, drive ti like you would drive a normal car. Shift at 3k to 4k rpm and be a bit patient as it is a 1.6 L car still :driver:

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

this issue similar to my car last month !!! what you going to do is check the distributor setting !!! maybe out already !!! suggest you to tune again using inductive pick-up timing light !!! my car got no problem already after done it !!!
Now we're talking. Nommiey, I think you should take note of this and check your distributor? Since it matches your symptoms and if distributor's timing is out, loss of power will occur too. Matches both of your symptoms.... Thanks mate...

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks for so many inputs. Now I know how to drive this car nicely. Tried revving to 6k rpm before changing gears totally change how I feel about the car. Feels so nice. Not to forget new engine oil also contribute to the nice feeling hehe.
now u try to change every gear at 8k...u will be totally forget what u have feel when u change gear at 6k rpm...the memory will be overwrite... :driver:

B16B Corolla

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2009
mamatAE111 : I had gone through a japan magazine which entire book is talking about AE series/4age, and the extractor i sold to u i may 100% confirm it is HKS because in the magazine, there is a session just introducing those aftermarket extractor such as RSR,FGK, etc etc.. So no worries..or maybe i can take the pic for u to see..really 100% exactly the same :)

About knocking : I just change another halfcut (the h/c engine condition is freaking excellent)..and i pump RON95, NEVER experience any knocking even in a hot wether..But my previous BT knock like hell..so i guess is the combustion camber there with dirt/carbon

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
My take on improving low end torque. Aftermarket halfcut exhaust 2.38" + 4-2-1 extractor. Last time had to downshift to 4th gear on this corner I use everyday, now I can safely stick with 5th gear =)

Previous setup was 2inch follow ori route piping with standard extractor. Changed the exhaust first and can feel low end slightly improved, after changing to 4-2-1 wow! never had to downshift that much again =)

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
wow... dun la everytime change gear at 6000rpm. it is bad for your pocket :P

like what the others said, try changing to a better exhaust setup, 2.3inch in piping size and 4-2-1 header approved by jasma. i suggest u go for FGK 4-2-1.

nommiey

From Facebook
Apr 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Nommiey, colder plugs are spark plugs that are used for high performance engines. I forgot how exactly it works. But the principles is that it works at a colder temperature so that your air-fuel mixture is less likely to detonate, thus reduce knocking. Not sure how much though.

But carbon cleaner I would recommend. But then again, some say they feel difference and some say they do not feel the difference.
Can suggest me what brand of carbon cleaner is good and how to use it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all,

on most tri y headers, i noticed pairing of cylinder 1 and 4, 2 and 3 (1-4, 2-3) which forms non-sequential header but i saw some tri y headers have pairings of 1-2, 3-4 which forms sequential header

im hunting for new tri y header but im confused with which one to choose to suit overall street performance output

anyone can enlighten me on the effect of pairings of header primaries on the power curve?
it will be good if i know the difference so i can choose which one is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience