Need Advise on oil additive. tufoil? X1R? lubguard? SLICK50?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
my 2 sen opinion is that if u have the extra money to use these things, might as well spend it on a better quality, synthetic oil for your engine, tested, proven, and will never cause problems unless u exceed service cycle...

i have read many articles on these kinda snake oil and short term, yeah u may feel some differences but long-term wise, it forms sludge...

not speaking about tufoil in particular la but ive read about others...

so u decide hehe

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
daredan,

i also have this question. which 1 better?

from my opinion,

tufoil and X1R are made from PTFE which a lot of expert says it is bad thing.
lubeguard is made from liquid wax which they claim is better than PTFE.
u can find lubeguard seller in zth.

from what i heard around zth forum tufoil is better than x1r. but got some people say use oil additive dont give u much difference. so again i think better for us to buy 1 bottle and test ourself. hehe.............

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
zamree,

u meant X1r fuel treatment really works?
i was using STP fuel treatment. after u pour in u can notice ur car got extra power. the next time u refuel then the extra power gone so i dont think that is a fuel treatment, that is fuel boaster lerr............
so u really mean this x1r can helps in fuel consumption after use it then u refuel and refuel the effect is still there?
if like this i think i will use it.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
tofumanic,

i agree with u. engine oil is design not to leave anything behind the engine when u rinse it. while this snake oil is actually leaving the PTFE things that will coat the engine parts. when this ptfe coat ur engine parts, it will aslo coat the dirt with it to the engine parts which is not good.
if this ptfe is so good why there is no engine oil company willing to use it in their product?
some say use engine oil + oil treatment give u same feel as using fully synthetic oil. migth just use syntecthic oil even thoug the price is higher a bit. for long term....................
just my 2 cents......

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
yeap, fyi ive used x-1r b4...no difference...

according to the bottle, ideally it shud be used when changing oil during servicing, if really it is done like this, then how can we differentiate whether the smoothness or etc etc is due to the car service, fresh oil or the x-1r?

bijak those ppl...try to fool others...

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
ok..than everytime we change the engine oil than we will have to add this snake oil to it rite? so if we dont wan to continue using it than how? just leave it like this or we need to wash it out?

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
dont to use then u just rinse ur oil out lorr.
u want u can flush ur engine with flush oil to clean ur engine lorr.
i scared this snake oil will coat the sensor in engine and make the sensor reading not accurate then ur engine behave crazy lorr. hehe........

zamree7

Jan 19, 2007
Northiswara, from my experience with X1R Fuel Treatment(not engine oil Treatment) its really work as i wrote before..we use it only once or maybe depend on engine.. like me 10th years old car pour 1 bottle still same or maybe reduce abit.. but for my fren Gen2 only pour 1 bottle then the FC reduce to stock FC(new car).. my fren gen2 now can go 450-500km for RM50 only.. my car putra only can go 300km or less for that price.. huhu

and about oil engine treatment, this is ma 1st time use oil addictive so dunno how's the performance for Lubgard or Tufoil engine oil treatment.. so far after using this X1R my car still not going crazy..haha. dunno later if it going crazy then i'll flush my engine ler...fyi im using this X1R engine oil treatment not into new engine oil but just topup to my engine while my engine still have 4000km before change oil..so i can see n feel the difference once using it for now..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
i think old car no need pour in so many thing cozs canot save it already. too late. haha............. i think i just leave it stock larr. wait til 1 day got $$ dismantle the whole engine and wash all the parts inside and change all wear and tear parts.
or else i just hook in SR20VE with 190bhp. hehe..........

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
northiswara,
I ain't too sure about how effective this is but this is one way I read up on how to 'clean' the engine internals nicely. This is the step.

1) Buy lots of engine flush and engine oil.

2) Pour in engine flush and let the engine run for about 10 - 15 minutes. Then, release dirty oil + engine flush out.

3) Repeat step 2 until engine oil that is released out is totally clean as if it's new oil.

4) Fill in required engine oil and close the engine oil cap. DONE.

However, some people use cheap engine oil and engine flush to flush over and over again. Once the engine oil that is released out is clean, then only they put in good engine oil and cover up the engine oil cap.

The thing I am wondering is whether if I do the flush thing for 4-5 times, will the flush corrode the internals or not. Feel like trying it this weekend as I want to give my engine internals a good clean up.

Another method is to go for decarbonizing. Maybe you can check out the link below.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...s-decarbonizing-your-engine-with-d-carbo.html

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
satria_95,

thanks. i know this kind of flushing. have to use shell flushing oil which cost u rm28-30. in fact i bought 1 bottle but didnt use it. because my mechanic ever done it for a car. the problem is after flushing the engine got more sound. this is because the engine is running chain and of course there are some sludge that stick to the chain and this makes the chain runs quieter when it is loose. once the sludge is free from the chain then there will be squiky sound.
so i dunt want to take this risk because my engine is running on chain too. unless my engine is running on belt then i already flush it.
too bad got a chain inside.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In 1995 Ferrari launched the F50. Seven years after that it was replaced by the Enzo. And now, according to a rule that Ferrari always follow they will launch the F70, seven years after the launch of the Enzo. Also there are no big competitions for the F70 yet, but after Ferrari will launch this supercar on the market for sure many auto-makers will try to build competitors for it.

The Ferrari F70 will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience