My MR2 turbo upgrade project

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
My removed FGK 3" Ti titanium exh muffler............weights less than 50% compare to a similar SS unit of the same size.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Whoa... this project delayed 1 year then oni continue?

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Not delay........just not posting timely. Abv. all this hv been done over the months. This is what DIY is all abt. No money like U mah as u can get some super duper shop to upgrade all one shot very fast mah......
my intention is to keep this forum alife mah........this forum is inactive lia looh.....nothing interesting to read....lerrrr so hv to keep the light burning in it else wud be dark ..........
btw more to come when got the time to work on the project again....keep looking !!

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Here I go again.......took out my TEIN Type FLEX coilover and in go my faithful TITAN set ( Inverted Mono tube )which is way much more comfortable and handling smoothness. Spend RM1K serviced my TEIN rear set at N1. Anyone that wud ask me for a good set of coilover wud be TITAN custom made.
Any good offer for my TEIN will let it go.........see the photos.....front pillow ball type still very tight ( good condition ). Set taken out from car hv not being cleaned up looks dirty.
I also hv a set of CUSCO coilover which was meant more for race as it is very short stroke and set the car very low but stiff & hard like no spring. No photos unless anyone wants to buy it.

Attachments

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
LoL... I not rich geh... MR2 is poor man's ferrari mar... and yes, I also realized the MR2 forum quite slow.

I actually just got my SW20 only, so just learning stuff about it. The car came with god-knows-what-super-stiff-suspensions. Definitely not for street... am looking forward to see what it can do on tracks though, but these days rainy season... decided not to sign up for ZTH's TTA open track. I think got 70% chance it will rain.

Anyway, this thread has been a good read... do keep it up =)

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
More to come..........doing my wire loom for my MS ECU. don't know where to cut hole , want to keep ECU in the cabin rather than in the boot. Any MR2 sifus can suggest ah?
Hi Alvin24, rainy day good for drifting mah.....should hv some fun man.....enjoy yr ride...tks for the support. glad u like the read......

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
lol... open track day do drift will get kicked out lah =p

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Here I go again.......took out my TEIN Type FLEX coilover and in go my faithful TITAN set ( Inverted Mono tube )which is way much more comfortable and handling smoothness. Spend RM1K serviced my TEIN rear set at N1. Anyone that wud ask me for a good set of coilover wud be TITAN custom made.
Any good offer for my TEIN will let it go.........see the photos.....front pillow ball type still very tight ( good condition ). Set taken out from car hv not being cleaned up looks dirty.
I also hv a set of CUSCO coilover which was meant more for race as it is very short stroke and set the car very low but stiff & hard like no spring. No photos unless anyone wants to buy it.

Hi Green06,

I am also contemplating getting a set of titans. Can you share more on the ride quality? do you use it on track? is it great on malaysian roads? :)

Also, is there a need to visit them multiple times to fine tune the shocks or do they already know what the best spring rate and hardness for mr2?

too many questions, but as it is rather expensive, i'd rather get all the right facts for it first :)

thanks.

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Have you tried asking RCS for digressive dampers? Heard its one of the best for damping as opposed to progressive damping.... but not really sure if they make these for MR2s just yet.

mrtwo

Known Member
Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
very informative infos and what amazes me that u are actually d.i.Y ..keep it up ~! hope that u can post some pixs of ur mr2 or meetup anytime soon !

cheers

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
oblivion,
Sorry for the late reply..........outstation lah.......
ride comfort and track performance are 2 different setup. If U r into track get another set or get TT to tune for U. U may need to fine tune ( see him a couple of times ) if U r a bit picky abt yr ride. Normally 2 to 3 times shall get U spot on. U will need to try out the set on different terrain also U need to get yr set run in abit b4 U keep getting him to retune. Best is to talk to the maker and come up with some agreement etc.
U can't get a set fit for all. Even diff. driver hv diff needs etc. it is subjective base on individual.....................:driver:

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

mrTwo,
The thrill in DIY is self satisfaction. I believe too many times u get yr car to get it fix,mod etc with much dissatisfaction and they will not do what u want and make/break things that u hv to pay for which u never even understand b'cos it is all yr fault and u pay what I do whether it work or not is not my problem, the problem is as long U pay I am alright......this is what gets me DIY what I can do.
Partly posting in the forum is to keep the forum alive as u know it is almost dead n dull to read. I hope more members would write in what the do to their Two. Sharing info, mistake etc.............

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
So..... just wondering, what stage is your MR2 at now? Daily running with progressive mods planned, or in the shed, shiny engine on the floor with major ongoing mods, and once spooled up will literally breath fire? The latter sounds brutal!!

mrtwo

Known Member
Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yup totally agree with u ..sometimes its the pain in the a** to see ppl fixin your 2 and dont do it right..what irritate me the most is sometimes screws missin 1 or 2 e.g console box, engine bay, rattling sound..that sucks big time..the only way to make sure everrything is fixed 100% is by doing em urself..but like me, stayin in condo and no time to D.i.y ..at the end of the day my 2 will end up in workshops (service/repair).

i guess its kinda quiet here, but i am sure mr2 fans are there reading the threads .. well keep up the good work and thanks for sharing..cant wait to see ur 2!

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi all sifuuu........
Anyone has the info on this AE111 coil pack wiring? Each coil have 4 wires, need to know their role. Need real answer no guessing answer please. Or direct me to someone who have the answer. Intend to use for my upgrade project with my DIY standalone ECU.
Thank you very much.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi Sifus, recently i have put some car decals on windscreen, bonnets. I heard my friends said after 3 month, the decal will be hardly to be removed. Despite able to remove, it will left a mark/glue residue on top of car paint. Is it true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience