My MR2 turbo upgrade project

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
yes there is always the great satisfaction of doing DIY installs !

now get out there driving the two!:driver::driver:

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi all MR2 buddies,
Q - what would be like if we use a large IC? Drop in power? Increase in HP d/t better cooling?
Anyone ? care to share some info?? :stupid:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Bigger IC will be increase some horsepower only unless u get bigger turbo or bearing turbo and change internally. Need to set for air/fuel ratio correctly if not it'll not balance and u may have for jerking.

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Yeah, big turbo, big IC ...= big turbo lag !!??? = :stupid: :questionmark:

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
With the antiroll bar upgraded makes a big difference in handling. Many thanks to Mickey for assuring me the ST sway bars, they works great, never better, the way I like it, resolve the oversteer feel. Can corner fast now. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to improve their 2's handling.:proud:

mrtwo

Known Member
Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
your turbine ct26? i used ct26 on other car with big intercooler boost 15psi ..got lag a biiitt..but power wise definitely better ~

fishie

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
hehe.. fans here reading too.. long time never visit zth forum due to working outstation and leaving my car at home alone~:(

good job bro.. so interesting seeing you mod your ride.. trying to curi info from you.. hehe

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Yeah. I installed the RCA. It really give much better handling. I also duplicated few set too. hehe... Please contact me if anyone interested.

:rofl:
hihi,

any RCA still with you? i do not know whether i need them but unfortunately.. get oversteered twice on the road d.. scary d..

Last edited:

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi Fishie,
No need to curi, just ask........
U will need the RCA for both front & rear if U lowered yr car otherwise change yr anti sway/roll bar. ST sway bar set that I got are hollow tube type instead of solid bar. They are lighter than solid type. Improves handling tremendously and helps improves the oversteer problem but not all. The RCA will help to reduce bump steer & oversteer by restoring back yr lower arm confiq. Lowering the ride height is not that simple as the lower arm setup changes together and thats worst with Mcpherson strut type, not so bad for multi link and nil for solid axle like the lorries.
Beware of the front tie rod when using the same RCA if you are planning to install as the tie rod end is too short, probably 3 to 5 thread grip, too risky. Also get a set of the tie end to bring down your the confiq of the tie rod level to ground or slightly pointing downward to avoid bump steer.

fishie

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
haha.. i think all my tie rod died... sound like lorry now..ki kok kik kok.. lolx
thats why thinking to lower or not..

anyhow.. great info from you whether for now or next upgrade.
thanks

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Aiyaaaaaaaaa........seem lost for sooooooo longggggggg.......got some time for my long forgotten project, seem like never going to end/complete. Anyway got the kick back again, did some mod. this time had my spare head professionally done by "Nasty port & polish" and balance flowed, ported and polished, valve angled, valve throat enlarged. Cost a bit, don't know how good, bench flowed looks great for all 4 - balanced. had my HKS 256 cam in and valve clearance adjusted, balanced all valve clearance to the very best with available shim thickness Toyota ever made. Have to buy special tools to do the valve clearance, see photo. Cost RM75.00 from Mudah.
Photo. 1 Nasty Flow ported & polished head
Photo. 2 HKS 256 cam
Photo. 3 Toyota valve adjustment tools
photo. 4 Exh ported & polished
photo. 5 Inlet ported non polished

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i would like to try to do my own headlight cover using plastic ( somethg like those fd or fc clear light,no more flip). any1 knw wat kind of plastic to i need to use and where to get ?? how oem head light material where can get ah ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience