Mohawk Audio Stuff For Sale! Brand New! 1 Year Warranty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE -In Car Entertainment

Mohawk Audio Stuff For Sale! Brand New! 1 Year Warranty!

Mie_SSS

Known Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shah Alam
Bro, issit the ori mohawk from USA or from taiwan or china one? Cause my friend told me sum of the mohawk in the market 2day not ori one. I don't n i wanna know :rolleyes:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
marantz, the MB2000.2 would suit your application! Only RM 550! :cool:

ijnek, Thanx for the feedback bro! U r a good buyer that honours your word. Hope to hear your feedback on the products as well, and hope u enjoyed your stay in melaka! :smile:

pillage, i assume u r using the older black series, as so far, mohawk amplifier range started with the Black series, then blue, then the latest MSQ (grey) series. The Black series are more pricey as compared to the Blue. The black series is more stable in handling power hungry applications, and has higher input sensitivity. The Blue series however, is for those with a lower budget, but want the best bang for buck. Power-wise, it is advisable to get a higher rating Blue series amp as compared to the speakers you want to power. eg: Orange 12" sub = 200W RMS, Use the MB1000.2 (400W RMS) to whack better. slightly overrated figure, so have some lee-way. The latest MSQ series however is more pricey to my knowledge (price to be confirmed soon), but produces cleaner output intended for Sound Quality applications. This is attributed to the higher-grade-components used and better technological aspects.:wink:

Mie-sss, the Mohawk stuff here is manufactured locally in Shah Alam, Malaysia. :eek: :biggrin: Before u conclude it's fake, i'll try to give a brief overview. :rolleyes: Mohawk, under the supervision of Kicker USA Inc., has since operated from a production plant based at the aforementioned location. It was years ago in the early stages of Mohawk that majority of the products were made in the USA in Kicker's subsidiary plants. However, they have moved some of their manufacturing operations to Malaysia, which also supplies other neighbouring countries in the region. Locally, it is marketed by NTC Audio, the sole distributor of Mohawk products. From there, they source out certain renowned accessory shops in most states to be their authorized distributor. I take from an authorized distributor. So Yes, the mohawk products here are ORIGINAL. :smile:

Cheers

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
bullet_nos said:
marantz, the MB2000.2 would suit your application! Only RM 550! :cool:

ijnek, Thanx for the feedback bro! U r a good buyer that honours your word. Hope to hear your feedback on the products as well, and hope u enjoyed your stay in melaka! :smile:

pillage, i assume u r using the older black series, as so far, mohawk amplifier range started with the Black series, then blue, then the latest MSQ (grey) series. The Black series are more pricey as compared to the Blue. The black series is more stable in handling power hungry applications, and has higher input sensitivity. The Blue series however, is for those with a lower budget, but want the best bang for buck. Power-wise, it is advisable to get a higher rating Blue series amp as compared to the speakers you want to power. eg: Orange 12" sub = 200W RMS, Use the MB1000.2 (400W RMS) to whack better. slightly overrated figure, so have some lee-way. The latest MSQ series however is more pricey to my knowledge (price to be confirmed soon), but produces cleaner output intended for Sound Quality applications. This is attributed to the higher-grade-components used and better technological aspects.:wink:

Mie-sss, the Mohawk stuff here is manufactured locally in Shah Alam, Malaysia. :eek: :biggrin: Before u conclude it's fake, i'll try to give a brief overview. :rolleyes: Mohawk, under the supervision of Kicker USA Inc., has since operated from a production plant based at the aforementioned location. It was years ago in the early stages of Mohawk that majority of the products were made in the USA in Kicker's subsidiary plants. However, they have moved some of their manufacturing operations to Malaysia, which also supplies other neighbouring countries in the region. Locally, it is marketed by NTC Audio, the sole distributor of Mohawk products. From there, they source out certain renowned accessory shops in most states to be their authorized distributor. I take from an authorized distributor. So Yes, the mohawk products here are ORIGINAL. :smile:

Cheers
Do you know when the latest MSQ series would be unveiled??

ijnek

500 RPM
Aug 19, 2004
Johor Bahru
Visit site
hi bullet,

my BIL has yet to install the stuffs,he is waiting for his wallet to recover...hehehe
anyway,i have compare the crossover to my kicker k series crossover n they are veri similar.
i am aware tat mohawk is somehow related to kicker...
i personally like kicker stuffs...heheheee...
kudos to u :)

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
pillage, the MSQ series is already out in the market, but my supplier hasn't given me an updated price list yet. im still in the negotiation process to get the cheapest. hehe. :cool:
The market price for the MSQ series according to my retail selling price list is:

M 600.2 2ch Mosfet Amp 600W = RM 7++
M 800.2 2ch Mosfet Amp 800W = RM 9++
M 1000.4 2ch Mosfet Amp 1000W = RM 10++

Therefore, i'm trying to negotiate for more discount, so that forummers would benefit even more. :wink:

ijnek, hehehe....its ok, tell yr BIL take his time to replenish his supplies of vit "M". :biggrin: and yep, Mohawk is a company branched out from Kicker, which still supervises their operations. even the distributor here for Kicker and Mohawk is the same = NTC Audio.

Cheers

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
bullet_nos said:
pillage, the MSQ series is already out in the market, but my supplier hasn't given me an updated price list yet. im still in the negotiation process to get the cheapest. hehe. :cool:
The market price for the MSQ series according to my retail selling price list is:

M 600.2 2ch Mosfet Amp 600W = RM 7++
M 800.2 2ch Mosfet Amp 800W = RM 9++
M 1000.4 2ch Mosfet Amp 1000W = RM 10++

Therefore, i'm trying to negotiate for more discount, so that forummers would benefit even more. :wink:

ijnek, hehehe....its ok, tell yr BIL take his time to replenish his supplies of vit "M". :biggrin: and yep, Mohawk is a company branched out from Kicker, which still supervises their operations. even the distributor here for Kicker and Mohawk is the same = NTC Audio.

Cheers
How come the site is not updated? Weird.

1k ++ ar?? Wah.......M 1000.4 is 4 channel right??....You know where I can find the specs?

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
pillage, yala, Mohawk updates their site super slow...because they are really spearheading their R&D...now they have a lot of products, and still more coming! got dvd players...in dash monitors up to 15"! etc etc...reverse camera also got. haha. about the product specs, i also dun have them with me now. the M1000.4 is 4ch, market price is around RM 1050 or something. i can get it for less than that la. I'm still trying to get the specs also.

cheers

spetnaz

Known Member
May 17, 2005
Klang Valley
Need your advice,

I'm looking for a budget sub. My preference is soft type bass (actually dont know how to describe), no need the loudness - dont like the boom-boom disco type of bass. My current set up for my sub is a Jalan Pasar 800W amp and also a jln pasar super cheap 10" with box. Can the Mohawak Red 10" deliver the soft type bass and my cap ayam amp can whack it ?

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
bullet_nos said:
pillage, yala, Mohawk updates their site super slow...because they are really spearheading their R&D...now they have a lot of products, and still more coming! got dvd players...in dash monitors up to 15"! etc etc...reverse camera also got. haha. about the product specs, i also dun have them with me now. the M1000.4 is 4ch, market price is around RM 1050 or something. i can get it for less than that la. I'm still trying to get the specs also.

cheers
Let me know when you get it. I'm very interested if the specs and built of it is good. :)

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
spetnaz, since you are using a cap ayam 800w amp, it is hard to tell the actual capability of it. However, if u want to play safe, you can always opt for the Mohawk Blue 12" sub, decent bass, but not too much SPL...perhaps the soft bass you are looking for. But even if u get a bigger sub, doesnt mean it cant play soft bass, in fact, it can be more efficient in playing at a lower volume, as it has excess capacity, at the same time, can boom louder if tuned accordingly. However, if u intend to use yr current amp, perhaps you can go for the single coil 175W RMS Blue 12". :wink:

pillage, yep! will let u know ASAP! i've already contacted the Mohawk guys, waiting for their reply!

CHeers!

spetnaz

Known Member
May 17, 2005
Klang Valley
ijnek, thanks for your info.

bullet, thanks and will contact u if i decide to go for Mohawk. BTW, how much is the 175W RMS Blue 12?

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
spetnaz, no probs dude. the number to call is 012-6703955. the blue 12" sub is RM 220/pc.

Cheers

naga_Se

Known Member
Jul 20, 2005
shah alam
bro....if i use the 6" red comp set,12" orange sub n amplifier brand Prospec,it's can macth to my soundsystem???

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
naga-se, im not too familiar with prospec amps, so i dunno if it is suitable for your taste. in general, many amps and speakers can be mixed inter-brand, but it ultimately depends on your preference and hearing taste. but perhaps for starters, i suggest u use the Orange series for both 6" comp set and 12" sub. as for yr amp, do u have a single 4ch amp, or 2 amps x 2ch? what are the specs? perhaps then i can gauge.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

does the after market short shifter improve a lot?

i mean for proton cars, the price is only around rm150,

does it improve ur shifting distance?

and if im not wrong its also have the aluminium type?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience