Hump defender

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Making a RX8 higher is bad. But crossing a hump even feel worst. Please gip me input on how to make a hump defender become reality. thanks.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Where did you found this?? never seen it b4....

Last edited:

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Bro, when you drive JDM cars, you don't expect it to go for daily driving, unless stock standard of course....

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Where did you found this?? never seen it b4....
Bro, last night I have nothing to do. Suddently came out an idea and just simply design a prototype. The roller will greatly reduce the steel-road friction factor. No need to be so embarrassing when crossing the hump, especially at those shopping/bistro area.

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Hmmmm, I think this hump defender may introduce greater damage. When the rollers hit the hump, it will not absorb the impact, thus it may introduce impact against the undercarriage. Worst still, if the impact is great, you may damage the roller and certain component of the item. Look at the 2 big screw on the left side, imagine applying force at that area.

Unless there's some way the rollers are able to absorb impact. Anyway to enhance it?

Making a RX8 higher is bad. But crossing a hump even feel worst. Please gip me input on how to make a hump defender become reality. thanks.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Due to the thin design, I think it will be difficult to put something to absorb the initial force. I thought of let the car just roll over the hump with slow speed. But will try to improve the design.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
what if there is not enough force and the car rolls back?

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Good question!

Well, I think you will create more resistant rather than allowing the car to roll over. When the car undercarriage touches the hump, the rollers should contract (using some build in springs) to allow the car to rollover, else like phat said, not enough force, either you stuck in between or perhaps roll back?

Just imagine your car stuck on top of the hump, that's funny!

what if there is not enough force and the car rolls back?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
the only way to stop this from happening is to jack the car upwards by using height increasing springs. Is the rx8 that much lower than the rx7?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
the only way to stop this from happening is to jack the car upwards by using height increasing springs. Is the rx8 that much lower than the rx7?
I just knew the RX8 can't pass through a 3" hump safely. The sound getttttttttt till the rear tire passed.
Will add spring loaded rollers tonight and see can be done or not. but 1 thing for sure, if hanging in the middle, still can be push...No, I'm not going to push. I'll try to figure it out.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Just flashed across my mine. I don't think the car will stuck in the middle. As the spring will push the wheels downward. Just like you jack up your car, the wheel will still contact to the ground until the spring/absorber fully extend, then the wheel come up.

SomeGuy_sg

Known Member
Oct 2, 2004
Kinda stupid if you ask me . Why all the damn rollers that would fail sooner or later. Why not just a long strip of nylon or abs plastic ? It would be cheaper and easy to replace.

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i think csl your over analysing the situation ler. Its a car so its bound to get scratches and i bet the designers thought of things like this before charging you.

goober

500 RPM
Jul 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
What happens if the Hump Defender breaks on impact, then all the small yellow rollers start to drop gila all over the place. Like Japan fighter plan drop bomb and then kamikaze oni.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..please advise me..below is my current mod for my RB20DET engine..
a) Garret AR80 turbine
b) front mount custom intercooler( about same with gtr ) with 2.5 inch s/steel intercooler piping
c) Apexi super air flow filter
d) BLITZ dual stage boost controller (DSBC)
e) HKS SSQV bov
f) Apexi SAFC
g) GTR fuel pump
h) Aerospeed Fuel regulator
i) Denso Iridium spark plug IK22
...i'm going to raise up my boost to 1.2 bar & improve the torque.My question are:
1) Do I need...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience