Help.... My car can't start when engine is hot. 3s-FE

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
ah ha...automatic GB...
some say it's due to Neutral Positioning Switch (NPS , not sure toyota would named after this or not) is the culprit...
it's located near the GB, off course...but not to sure where is it...

when it's hot...try to pour some water on the NPS, let say 1 liter of botol...then try to start...if it start directly...then it's time for you to change it...

the other way to test it...
don't start the car...
put on "N"...push the car back slowly...then push it foward...
directly put "P" directly...try to start the car...see if the trick works or not...

appreciate on the feedback...

sy_omar

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Kinrara
I'll try it.... make the engine hot..... then i'll find the NPS switch... can I remove this switch?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
If your Neutral Start Switch has problem, your starter won't be able to crank at all as the Neutral Start Switch will cut off the current supply to the starter. If your starter still can crank, than the culprit is not the Nutral Start Switch.

Attachments

sy_omar

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Kinrara
that true la levin818.... anybody want to swap computer box for while? help me pls.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
owh...my bad...didn't notice the engine crank when facing hot start...

then try to check the fuel pressure when cranking during cold n hot start...
check for main realy if it's hot then normal...look also for any burn mark...
and try to run diagnosis code for it...

sy_omar

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Kinrara
levin818
600bhp Member ... when u comming to Jln Puchong? hope u can check my computerbox.

sy_omar

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Kinrara
sorry bro levin818.... monday is working days. I'll try troubleshoot my car with other forumer. I sure computerbox problem, I'll send it to u.

sy_omar

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Kinrara
Sorry for very very late update... actually main engine relay getting hot and partly faulty. after replace relay then ok.

Sep 23, 2013
Shah Alam
Sorry for very very late update... actually main engine relay getting hot and partly faulty. after replace relay then ok.
bro im facing the same problem but mine is if got check engine light, can start what ever, sometimes if cannot i need to twist the key to off and on few times to get the check engine light
btw same ride with u, if able want to meet u and share experience hehe :biggrin:, check ur inbox or whatsapp me 0182879532

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Not familiar with this engine. Is it using any ignition module? If it is, is this IM attach to any car body? If it is, check the contact with body. Make sure it can distribute heat to car body perfectly. In older mercedes-benz model, thermal paste is used to perfectly distribute heat to car body. If not, the problem is exactly as u mentioned.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9uuuWoXZpd8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Everyone has been in the long lazy mood, even my sponsors. They were all away for long holidays and definitely the project has gotten very slow. Hopefully the project will resume its pace, though another long holiday will occur in 2 more weeks to come, being Malaysia Day on 16th of September. So on the long holiday mood, enjoy the informative video about the Nissan...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience