Help! Blacktop no power and thirsty like SR20

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Guys, sifus, forumers..

i really need good input on this. I recently transplanted a 4AGE Blacktop into my AE111. Following is my setup:

All stock
Exhaust piping 2.3" outer diameter, 2.1" inner diameter.
Decat.
S-flow muffler.

The problem:
Thirsty and hell. RM10 can go only 40 km. This is gentle drive. Without blasting. I suspect fuel is too rich because when shifting at 7000 rpm, exhaust got fire. Power is not so good throughout the powerband. Low end, mid range, top end all suck.

What could the problem be??? Please help....

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Have u check the O2 sensor, most common problem with old engine n in your case probably clog O2 sensor. Change new 1 as it will last longer n best restore to stock performance.

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
floor engine or whole halfcut ? If full halfcut seldom got problem .. maybe you should check if the vvt is working or not .. if there is no acceleration around and above 4k rpm then your vvt maybe not functioning ...

And one more thing, why are you trying it on RM10 amount of fuel ? Test full tank .. after red light appears should be able to go around 50km more .. calculate full tank mileage + another 50~60km when red light appears

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dear All sifu,
my car also stock BT 6speed, makan minyak like veloc one, ......like if i bang my car fr puncak jalil to balakong n back to puncak jalil,.....ist comsume ~rm20.00......after some1 sold me the X1R octane booster......its really save, i thk not even rm10.....somemore more power.......n.....engine sound different too....sound like very hi-rev.....:top:

now, every time i isi minyak....sure poll 1 small bottle inside.....

just my xperience.......not ad for X1R......+ no commission......dun get me wrong...haha:proud:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

add.......ron95.....bcom Ron 98.....3 octane up......haha

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Have u check the O2 sensor, most common problem with old engine n in your case probably clog O2 sensor. Change new 1 as it will last longer n best restore to stock performance.
Going to check that today. Thanks.

floor engine or whole halfcut ? If full halfcut seldom got problem .. maybe you should check if the vvt is working or not .. if there is no acceleration around and above 4k rpm then your vvt maybe not functioning ...

And one more thing, why are you trying it on RM10 amount of fuel ? Test full tank .. after red light appears should be able to go around 50km more .. calculate full tank mileage + another 50~60km when red light appears
Of course i don't test on RM10. I just divide it so that it is easier to imagine. I test on RM50. Only 200 km. My other friends is getting 300 km with blacktop manual. 250 km for auto.

Ya and i will check vvt system too.

blacktop where got power...ha ha ha
Don't like that ba... You sifu use to monster already :biggrin:

O2 Sensor.
Thanks bro going to check it.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
i think it is due to ur gearbox ratio..
Yes considered before and i agree. But it won't be to this extent. Slight deterioration makes sense. Because the difference between 4AFE (C 52) and Blacktop (C 56) gearbox is only in the 3rd and 4th ratio. And that is very slight difference. All the others including final drive is same ratio.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
veloc,

my gearbox final gear ratio = 4.24.......no makan minyak after add X1R bosster.......think twice。。。。。

just share。。。。no heart feeling plsssssssssss....

Last edited:

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Ya, check tune..., don't think an octane booster would help.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Yes considered before and i agree. But it won't be to this extent. Slight deterioration makes sense. Because the difference between 4AFE (C 52) and Blacktop (C 56) gearbox is only in the 3rd and 4th ratio. And that is very slight difference. All the others including final drive is same ratio.
Gearbox ratio, can feel ma, is your car always at high rpm range, even when cruising?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Also btw, if you're driving gently, why shift at 7k?

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Also, is 4AGE running on distributor? Maybe it is running too retard. Try to adjust to make it advance a little? Retard = high exhaust temp + rich AFR, flame at exhaust maybe?

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i used to add few type of octane bfo. i stop to use after try 1 to 2 bottle.......nearly 2 yrs din use octane booster,

just recently.....1 mech sold me the X1R octane booster.....at 1st....i bought 2 small bottle.....its incredible......i can feel the different immediately.......

so, now i continue to use it every time i refill minyak.....

no harm to try,....its only rm10 per small bottle......said can be mix up to 75ltr fuel......

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear All sifu,
my car also stock BT 6speed, makan minyak like veloc one, ......like if i bang my car fr puncak jalil to balakong n back to puncak jalil,.....ist comsume ~rm20.00......after some1 sold me the X1R octane booster......its really save, i thk not even rm10.....somemore more power.......n.....engine sound different too....sound like very hi-rev.....:top:

now, every time i isi minyak....sure poll 1 small bottle inside.....

just my xperience.......not ad for X1R......+ no commission......dun get me wrong...haha:proud:

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

add.......ron95.....bcom Ron 98.....3 octane up......haha
veloc,

my gearbox final gear ratio = 4.24.......no makan minyak after add X1R bosster.......think twice。。。。。

just share。。。。no heart feeling plsssssssssss....
i used to add few type of octane bfo. i stop to use after try 1 to 2 bottle.......nearly 2 yrs din use octane booster,

just recently.....1 mech sold me the X1R octane booster.....at 1st....i bought 2 small bottle.....its incredible......i can feel the different immediately.......

so, now i continue to use it every time i refill minyak.....

no harm to try,....its only rm10 per small bottle......said can be mix up to 75ltr fuel......
Thanks. Enough of your octane booster recommendation.

Ya, check tune..., don't think an octane booster would help.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Gearbox ratio, can feel ma, is your car always at high rpm range, even when cruising?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Also btw, if you're driving gently, why shift at 7k?

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Also, is 4AGE running on distributor? Maybe it is running too retard. Try to adjust to make it advance a little? Retard = high exhaust temp + rich AFR, flame at exhaust maybe?
Ignition already advance to the max possible level without knocking. I blast 7k rpm a few times just to test after change engine. I drive economically to clock the mileage.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Thanks. Enough of your octane booster recommendation.

Ignition already advance to the max possible level without knocking. I blast 7k rpm a few times just to test after change engine. I drive economically to clock the mileage.

double check the ecu and wiring also...especially to make sure the vvt fully functioning

and try do injector cleaner

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any difference if i change my stock throttle body & intake-manifold to a larger/bigger one? say maybe a 4g92 mivec throttle body and intake-manifold, which its size is larger than my stock.

any of u guys changed to a larger throttle body & intake-manifold for ur car? wat are the results?

cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience