Getting a new car

russwestwood

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2006
ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com
Hey guys,
As some of you may already know, Ive gone ahead with the insurance claim and now looking for a new car.

It has to be a non GTR/Skyline breed as it will only bring back both fond and sad memories of my old car. So what do you guys reckon will be a good replacement? Has any of you ever gotten rid of a R34 GTR? If so what did u replace it with? I dont mind something less powerful or less striking, as long as it is something with a bit of soul.

Any ideas?

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
CORVETTE ZR1 !!!

in cyber gray!!

sadly though, i think nothing can replace a BNR34..that car's got character... you can only get something wilder.

but the 4WD BMW 335i coupe is a good bet heh heh heh

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
CORVETTE ZR1 !!!

in cyber gray!!

sadly though, i think nothing can replace a BNR34..that car's got character... you can only get something wilder.

but the 4WD BMW 335i coupe is a good bet heh heh heh
u got that rite, nothing can replace a gtr... the car was built as a a race car for the streets.. i just cant think of any other car that can replace the gtr criteria.. the only way to get something near the gtr like style is to get its nearest rival, the porsche 911 turbo... unless ur wanna get something of a different style.. the g35 with aps turbo system has capability of 1000 horses.. but its rear wheel drive.. 1000bhp on rear wheel only, should be fun to drive..

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
hmmm... why not a mpv or a suv?? :P can chauffeur your new bike and our parents around.. hehehe... a murano is not bad wat but i personally adore the toyota Gt-four :love:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
May I suggest the NA2 Honda NSX Type-R?

Or if you prefer something more exotic, then the 360M or 911 GT2.

Well, you don't drive your car often and you have the financial capability, so why not? :P

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Why haven't you come to look for me? :driver:
Hahah if DarkChild is involved then you can bet it'll be something exotic!

Russ - You've been contemplating everything from a full blown R32GTR monster to a Ferrari F430. How about an idea of budget so we can all day dream better :rofl:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
even though i dont own expensive cars, i believe i share the same enthusiasm on cars as most skyline owners. if i have the money, the following are the cars in my list to replace R34 GTR if i have the financial capabilities of mr. russ.

1. R32GTR - even though a bit old and less "canggih" compared to R34, this thing has got more soul and charisma compared to R34. most R34 owners i know has R32GTR on their dream cars list and would love to buy it if the chance arise.

2. 997 GT3RS - even though not as powerful as ur stolen GTR, this thing shares the same purpose of GTR - to rule the road! the stance, the cage, the bright orange with black rims, it all spells the purpose!

3. R35 GTR - why not maintain the GTR tradition, and move up the ladder?

4. BMW M cars - pick any one u like. the M cars have that aura that no "lookalike" normal bimmers have. they ooze charisma in every inch of their body. especially M5. its a proper saloon where u can carry ur parents n parents in law as well, and travel at high speeds in comfort with a boot full of nicole's shooping goodies.

5. toyota supra - its old but never outdated. engine is bulletproof, a proper wangan car, loads of torque, loads of tuning potential.

6. why not settle down with something discreet yet stylish? a CLS by AMG perhaps? maybe CLS63? supreme presence on the road but at the same time, most road users (even souped up local cars owners) would highly underestimate the potential of AMG engines...

7. FD2 type-r. significantly less powerful compared to GTR, but the car's handling makes up for it. bring it to sepang trackday n just see how good the car is.

8. audi RS4 - (not the 2.7v6 wagon but the v8 sports saloon). this is a proper performance car.

9. F430 - everybody will know that its a ferrari. built for speed, and nothing beats ferarri for attention seeking. not even a DB9 can attract such attention. but might be an attraction for some satria neo drivers (check out youtube) to try to "race" u.

good luck choosing:burnout:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Nic, then a Techart Porsche Cayenne Magnum? :D