Driven: The new Proton Inspira 1.8 manual

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
xtremeleo...where r u? wanna pinjam your firesuit. :rofl:

i'd want one. a 4b11 with a manual GB please?

Keshy...180kmh? notti notti... :rolf: a little wind noise is better than my car which sounds like a hurricane and an earthquake making love....

eci4ever

Known Member
Dec 7, 2007
AFAIK this rebadge model isn't waja replacement.
why people still keep name it as Walan, Lanja..etc...

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
that's not true ... i still own a 2005 Proton Saga that threatens to kill me everytime im behind the wheel ... so yes I know what you guys are going on about ... But look at the idea first la ... How is Proton going to develop if everyone just keeps bashing them for everything they do ??? No wonder the government does not really care about what we say or think cuz we're always complaining anyway... They're damned if they do and damned if they don't ...
+1.

hey keshy, you can't win 'em all! :biggrin:
it's like if P1 rebadge the Merc CLS sure still got haters still maaa..

in the end lotsa ppl still buys the car and live with it. :biggrin:

langsuyrx

Known Member
Jan 9, 2009
Kay L
facebook.com
well, i'm not a proton fan, though i own a wara, When we learn about economy, then we know why proton did that. Like for instance, we say proton is hell cheap outside country, expensive in own country, why is that? look at that country economy and living cost, fuel price, etc. do you ever wonder why the opposition party (especially the light blue color party leader) never touch about car price in Malaysia? They talked bout almost everthing, reduce everthing, but never about car price? Because he know the subject called Economy. ask ur pocket, it will answer.... Just my ten cent.... :shakehands:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Rebadging IMHO doesn't sound bad as what keshy has stated in the article which many a manufacturer has done it lots of times without the repercussions u see in BolehLand.

But the reason I'm peeved on the whole rebadging exercise is the cost of the Inspira, which is 95k. No doubt it looked like a bargain when compared to the 12xk odd Lancer GT, but frankly I still find it exorbitant. This is further exaggerated by the fact that the local content is between 40% to 60% by which should reflect on much lesser price. Similar worries remain as what other previous Proton models have presented, poor quality finishing and fitting of the interior etc. So unless what keshy said is true regarding MMC quality control, I would still think the Inspira should be much cheaper.

Perhaps I'm naive to expect our national cars to be sold much cheaper than the price Proton has slapped on it's new product, but I feel that this is due to the AP issue that has dogged the Malaysian consumers for a long time. It would be ridiculous to expect the Inspira to cost 50-60k which is half of the Lancer GT (imagine the more shocked faces of current owners if this did happen) if cars of other makes still cost much much more (again due to the AP issue).

But whatever my concerns or even Proton-bashers feel, I'd certainly consider the Inspira if I don't have a daily driver/family car yet. I'll reiterate again what keshy stated in the article, 95k for a carbon copy of the Lancer GT is still a good buy.

alpina

Apr 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No matter what excuse you may cook up... the bottom line is Malaysia Tak Boleh come up with a good self designed car that is competitive in the international market. How can we not bash Proton when these buggers are the ones who are causing us to buy scrap cars from England and Japan at the price of a new car in the developed world.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
xtremeleo...where r u? wanna pinjam your firesuit. :rofl:

i'd want one. a 4b11 with a manual GB please?

Keshy...180kmh? notti notti... :rolf: a little wind noise is better than my car which sounds like a hurricane and an earthquake making love....
go ahead and suit-on sir, iam squealing behind this big rock :squeal:
hahaha

e3_1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Sometimes I feel proton can't improve because you all just keep bashing and support T&H badges. Just like you study hard although exam result isn't good...your parents keep scolding you and praise other people's children who got lots of As...pity :smokin:

Btw I like the idea of buy an Inspira + twin scroll turbo :proud:

mgbk

Known Member
Feb 15, 2009
Sorry to say but after 25 years, they still copy and paste. If money is such an issue to proton, at least invest a bit more to change the body. Use the 'lancer-inspired' engine but have a different body. Come on. If u want to copy also, please dont make it so obvious. Make a car that we malaysians can be proud of.

drMpower

May 1, 2006
i like this one particular line:

' cost of development of a new car is roughly 700million, waja is developed around that figure. but Inspira cost only 250million. so thats about 500million saving to develop something leaps and bounds better than a waja '

hahahahah now tell me is that NOT shooting straight to the foot?

i am sorry keshy, having avin a larf. cant let this moment go. wakakkakakaka

yes, they have economic justification to go and build an entirely new vehicle of which i think involves big risks. with OEM collaboration as Pak Syed like to call it, the cost is substantially low. however, we cannot go on doing OEM collaboration in the future. we must get a new model out by ourselves. i mean from ground up, we must design a new one.

i have 2 questions:

1) why not proton just do OEM collaboration with mitsubishi in term of using the chasis alone? sure it wont save proton 500 million but atleast with only chasis shared with mitsu, we can build the entire body, accesories, wheel designs, interiors, of our own. the current waja is a great car although when it was first launched they call it kereta kebal. but as years go on, it turns out to be one of the BEST cars proton ever launched.

so if it is possible, i would like an OEM collaboration with any makers regarding sharing the chasis only.

2) what if in the near future nobody want to do OEM collaboration anymore with us? and at the same time we badly need a new model to refresh things up etc etc? thats why i would like OEM collaboration to be on special basis and not something we should do many times..

if i may, what the rims are horrible? whats wrong with 16 inch? or 17? now C segmented forteh is on 17, and city is on 16, why stick to 15?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys! need help!

ive one (1) BMW e30 318i now is stock engine but now i would liked to change me engine within SR20 dett or RB20.

what is your recommended/opion?

which is better for my car body?

which engine is good for car modification in future?

help me yaw! thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience