Driven: The new Proton Inspira 1.8 manual

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
guys suddenly i come up this u guys said proton copy cat And produa no copay cat? seems like produa all da way copy cat ler hahaha

8voltpreout

Known Member
Nov 28, 2008
Madagascar :-P
People please!!! Don`t you guys think that arguement are silly in this kind of topic saying that copy this and copy that?? Personally i state 1st that i drive an Japanese cars of Toyota Vios and Estima. To think back in the past... How was the country`s reaction due to the release of 1985 Proton Saga?? Was it very proud?? (Ask your heart) Do you guys think that making collaboration with other manufacturers making Proton (our country) look silly or copy cat?? I don`t think so... How many people has Proton Wira? How many people has Proton Waja?? In the end... who was the people called it Wiralution or Wajalution?? I think maybe its the people couldn`t afford to have a Evolution or tak boleh tahan ppl modifying their cars to their personal requirement... At last.. What are we argueing?? Better cars? Better value?? Comfortable ride?? Let me ask the flamers here... Does Pagani Zonda is a comfortable ride that would make you to ride it all days to work in KL?? The fuel consumption? The maintainance cost? And why would you people think that riding a great car as Ferrari/Porsche is a great thing?? to court girls? to show off? there are hidden meanings behind these cars owner... I think life shouldn`t be so picky... A car would bring you from Point A to Point B is ok. Other than that, those are the requirement of ourself... Including me... I drove a Vios because of the fuel efficiency... I had an Estima because we would had family trip going out all together in 1 car!

To Mitsubishi Lancer owners... Heed my words... There would still be alot of difference of YOUR Lancer and the Re-Badged Inspira. People still can modify Inspira to Lancer GT... In terms of re-selling price... Do you think an fully converted (Inspira>Lancer GT) would catch up to an zero-modified Mitsubishi Lancer GT re-selling price?? Conclusions... If does in the market someone can really modify an FULLY converted Proton Inspira to an Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X. Does the Vehicle Registration Slip by JPJ would change it from Proton Inspira to Mit Evo X? Your flame would never change the decisions, the decisions had been made... In the few months later we would see many Inspira lurking in the roads of KL. And people are enjoying it to drive it around!! The world are wide. Boarden your sight. It will make the days in your life more meaningful and happy.

Regards,

8volt.

duck_killer99

Known Member
Mar 29, 2006
for those who concern, wira u complain, saga u complain, waja u complain, gen 2 u complain, even persona u also complain.....i really dun understands that some of the m'sian like to complain a lot but he/she did nthing in his/her life, juz like some sgporean.......

Last edited:

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
when they rebadge lance u say copy catt.
when they do persona gen2 exora.lousy this n dat..
everything komplen
better sell proton to volkswagen..then they komplen2 again.
ahahahhahaahahah
cermin urself bfore komplen

huzaifah

Sep 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
actually its ok to copy and paste...but make sure the quality and price is balance....how about copy, paste n make it better...

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Without proton, malaysians will never think they can built cars ever.

Actually a lot of proton talented employees being nicked by other car companies.
We will never know if we really have any talent in in this industries without government initiative.
Its a pricey thing to do, but the returns is in the mindset of malaysians.
tell me which businessman would make a headstart in starting a car company?
Naza would not dare without Proton making the pioneering steps.

Otherwise, we just be like thailand, good at assembling cars but not much R&D or own developed design or engineering.

And in our minds in generations to come, only japanese/koreans/china and the west can build cars.
we can only build sampan

btw. some people here have very limited IQ in defining what is cut & Paste or copycat.
Maybe they define Brabus, Alpina, Ruf as copycats too???

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
again... those lifeless bashers. if u dont like then dont buy. enough said. typical malaysian. always complaining. btw thx keshy for the nice write up!

akizz

Aug 7, 2010
Petaling Jaya
this move is just to fill a market segment...although i agree the price is a bit high...but proton is busy focusing on the PERSONA REPLACEMENT project with giugiaro, new proton engine with turbo...so this makes sense...maybe if they can lower the price, say rm5k then maybe it will be attractive...

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
things happen for a reason, for no reason suddenly so many ppl bash proton for fun ar? got nothing better to do izzit? i would say many of them own atlease 1 proton before, n times goes by... 25 years, wat r Proton now in the auto industry? pls compare within asian market, don tell me with 60k for waja wat u expect, halo, 60k plus ringgit can buy brand new cbu lancer gt dy... but y 120k here? g take the other 60k of urs... claim to protect proton... need or not? 1time more expensive? compare apple to apple la... 2010 dy... look at mazda 3, honda civic, toyota altis or lancer gt... where r our waja replacement model? look at Hyundai, 10 years ago how they compete with Honda n Toyota, but look at them today... they might still working hard to follow the leader, but u could see their improvement n achivement... n don forget Kia also...

complain... every car manufacturer recieve complain... but y proton recieve so much more? perhaps more than half of the total sales never get satisfy? tats a serious number... proton care? they might say 60k car quality is like tat loh... u wan better buy honda or toyota la... but how ppl in japan could built a 60k car n donno how much more advance than us...

i used to own a satria gti many years ago... n i can tell u... during tat time... it was 1 of the very good car in the market, very solid, n it gets some good review from oversea too... n now? satria neo r3... r u telling me u fcking proud of it?

seriously, i would like to know those who r giving support to proton, wats make u do tat? cos price cheaper? dis is not a fair business if u could understant, but i understant we have no choice in dis land... n? wat else?

i don argue yet debate... i only voice out wats inside me... n everyone could has diff perspective...
peace :)

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
Alot of ppl keep denying the fact that this is a good move. Hopefully with the knowledge the engineers inherited from this car will cause future proton cars to be of solid and great quality. Then id like to see all these proton haters not buying one ^^.V

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

cheap fake copycat proton
So what you driving? i10? :burnout:

Last edited:

basikal_pancit

500 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Selangor
for those who concern, wira u complain, saga u complain, waja u complain, gen 2 u complain, even persona u also complain.....i really dun understands that some of the m'sian like to complain a lot but he/she did nthing in his/her life, juz like some sgporean.......
I'm kinda like what u said.. yes... that is so true.....
hahahhaha this is just a way of releasing their tension- COMPLAINT....
It's like an overweight man complaining about his weight but what he do everyday? Eat and eat more without any effort to reduce it....

So, people complain and complain especially those related with current gov. Here and there wrong everywhere ... salary not enough , petrol expensive, but how many really work hard and smart to overcome the problem?

Funny though u can see if there is any issue, there will be comment like
"wait for the next election, change the gov, huha huha..."... THEN? what's gonna happen?
change gov then suddenly proton can produce 400bhp perfect car with price starting from RM40k?
If like that, I'm sure gonna vote them out right now! hahahahha

mentality mentality.....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per title. Any one knows where to get VOLTRONIC engine oil and gearbox oil at Johor Bahru area ???

Search the net, but no result, no VOLTRONIC website for malaysia too.

Only know the distributor is by Voltronic West Malaysia, same no website too.

Any one have idea ?? Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience