DIY Waja cabin filter

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
As the title suggest...
I just had my filter replaced. I dont buy the replacement filter but i just replace the filter material itself only. Stock filter is paper type and it restrict air flow making me put fan speed to 2 which can be uncomfortably cold for me.

Lets start

The filter housing is located behind the glove box.

First, remove the glove box.its held using 2 screw.Recommend u empty the glove box first to prevent the stuff in the box being scattered on the floor.
Notice the black plastic cover, remove it to.Its held using 5 screw.

The shining piece of metal needs to be removed too. Held in place using 2 size 10 bolt and 2 screw.
This is what it looks like with the black plastic cover off. The filter is located behind the plastic cover with a small black box attached to it.It is held using 6 screw and 2 clip at the bottom.

This one screw is a bit tricky to remove.Its either using a short screwdriver or in my case a size 8 socket wrench.

2 clip to be removed at the bottom. I use a screw driver.

This is the filter. Notice that its dirty. To remove the filter, i use my left hand to move the wiring out of the way while my right hand pull it out.

Yucks....
My filter is DIY and had been change 3 times.The paper clip seems to do it job of keeping the filter in place well.

This is the home aircon filter i use as replacement. Bought it at Daiso. Have to cut it to size.
Notice how dirty the old filter compare to the new one?

New filter is on. Installation is the reverse process. The 2 clip can be installed u
just using hand.

There you go...
Its simple, only 20 minutes.

Next DIY-Servicing a fuel divider of a Merc E200.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone using this engine? Need some feedback here. I rarely see people using this engine, why? high maintenance? :smile:

- How much does this halfcut cost?
- Total BHP?
- Plug and Play on proton chasis?
- Pros and Cons

Uhh, Thanks. :rock:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience