DIY sprayside skirt

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ohya, i planning to add front lips to my car... but the problem is there are some gaps and holes where my skirts and future lips wont fit properly... i wanna ask if i can DIY the kind of mould to smoothen out the rough surface and fill up the holes??... what does it called and where can i purchase them??>.. thanks...
my location is malacca...

edmx

Jul 19, 2005
Setiawangse, KL
xtorm said:
i got it at klang.....ya, it is darker n smaller square to brothers 1, material same, i know cos i bought brother 1 b4
specifically where in klang.. haiya.. never been to klang before. gimme the name of the shop. ill try to look up in the directory for their phone number. then can get direction. seriously very cun la you do side skirt. very very very.....

LAWRENCE_Q

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
JB
Visit site
darkbob said:
hmm..

Nice DIY..

I'm thinking of installing a Side Skirt on my car...

so maybe i should DIY the paint...

But i cant get any spray paint from DPI in JB.
ya! unable 2 find the DPI spray in JB!!!!

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
aiyak.. wheels forgot to masked, kena sprayed a little bit hahaha, no one saw it, i saw it lol hahhaa

I think you can buy the exact colour that mathes you car for the spray can. in Kch, there is a car-paint seller shop, that actually mix your car's exact colour and put them into the spray can, you can choose to have it mixed with clear coat or not. The paint they use, is the exact plain plp use to spray you car, just that you can have it in any colour of your choice. good for DIY. cost only RM20.

jino86

Feb 24, 2005
is there anywhere in subang or sunway i can buy the carbon fiber look stickers??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
jino86 said:
is there anywhere in subang or sunway i can buy the carbon fiber look stickers??
brothers got... but the quality *ahem* lo...
there's someone selling high quality cf sticker wo... order in bulk one i think, came across his thread last time... u go find n see,.., :)

jino86

Feb 24, 2005
SkYwAlKeR said:
brothers got... but the quality *ahem* lo...
there's someone selling high quality cf sticker wo... order in bulk one i think, came across his thread last time... u go find n see,.., :)
thx..will look for it...by the way does anyone hows the sticker quality for car that the sticker shop in ss15 subang produce?? any comment??

edmx

Jul 19, 2005
Setiawangse, KL
SkYwAlKeR said:
ohya, i planning to add front lips to my car... but the problem is there are some gaps and holes where my skirts and future lips wont fit properly... i wanna ask if i can DIY the kind of mould to smoothen out the rough surface and fill up the holes??... what does it called and where can i purchase them??>.. thanks...
my location is malacca...
okay dude. heres what i did for my kelisa (my mom drives it now). go any hardware shop ask them for filling putty. the one i bought is called Hitary 228 from Nissan. made in malaysia, company name mercury paints. (but i wonder wut the heck is nissan for?) it cost around RM11. be sure to get a plastic spatula (i think thats wut u call it) as well. what i mean by spatula is the one construction use to cement one. better example, burger stalls that uses it to flip burger.

be sure to stir first before applying on to the body. becoz if it is not perfectly mixed, it will drip. and dont be so careless. do it gently and with highest level of patience you have. it not... cacat la your car. yes it will touch some of you car metal surface. its better to have a wet piece of cloth so you can wipe of the unwanted putty.

once done. leave it to dry. besure to check the weather first before starting ur work. if raining.. kene la you. final step, get a sand paper, not too rough and not too smooth. better yet buy both. spend an adequate time smoothing you car kit surface. if not.. spoil your paint job.

leave it for a day or two to dry. i know... most people laugh at my car when it has white spot everywhere. dont mind them. once you confirmed its dried, start masking taping the whole area you plan to spray. put paper if have to. the spray like crazy~ be sure to maintain around 1 feet from the surface. dont stay at the same area longer than 1 sec. it will start to drip. just go by layers. left to right or right to left. let it dry. then again. left to right or right to left. do around 3-4 layers. if cun enough 1-2 layers can finish already. leave it to dry okay. because ur not using oven to bake the car and to let inside layer to dry before applying the second one. trust me, it last longer then just doing it one shot.

find a blade or a cutter, the go thru the masking tape edges gently. the idea is to retain the color and does not peel off as you start peeling you masking tape. again, do it carefully.

thats about it. my crucial piece of advise, patience in essence! if you cannot tahan, then sent to spray loh. what to do?

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi OVER,
can you tell me that where are you buy those spray paint??
because i also want to DiY...
another thing is why want to use 100 plus...?
thanks.....

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
oh...i see...! haha.
so where should i go to buy those paint??
is it any shop that selling car spray paint??
my car color is lake green so i'd like to spray back the same color....thanks.... :)

frcgrey

Known Member
Jul 9, 2005
selangor
hi drexchan,
is it this spray paint only sell in ACE hardware.how about other hardware shop.
is it this shop are just selling car paint?my car is lake green color so that is it the shop sell any kind color?? :confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Beijing Auto International Corporation or BAIC has officially launched the D20, a 5-door hatchback with styling said to be derived from the original Mercedes-Benz B-Class. To be locally-assembled either in Gurun or Pekan, it is a joint venture between BAIC (pronounced as baik) and local partner Amber Dual.

BAIC D20

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience