Continental CSC 6

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ranking by customer review. The more review the more accurate......
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Type/Passenger-Car-Summer-Max-Performance-Tyres/
But I don't really believe in that average customer statistics/reviews coz:
1. Too varied and unreliable since it comes from people with so many different backgrounds and skills, many are just normal drivers who really never push the tires and actually unqualified to provide real assessment.
2. The more expensive or limited tire size (such as the PSS or CSC6) would not have as many people buying hence will be less reviewed and therefore lower down the ranking.

I believe more those reviews done properly by reputable magazines/journalists/drivers who I know 90% of the time will review more detailed and seriously, mostly are way above average skilled drivers, and often with proper equipment. Even so I try to read as many as possible to get an even better overall average ranking.

The only thing I can maybe take from those customer statistics is maybe tire lifetime.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That is why I mention the more reviews the more accurate. The more good feedback their average is still higher. So far many are proven to be quite correct

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
That is why I mention the more reviews the more accurate. The more good feedback their average is still higher. So far many are proven to be quite correct
I'm still skeptical on those, coz I can see some oddities there, for example Nokian Zline higher ranked than PSS? CSC2 higher than CSC5P & PS2 higher than PSS? IMHO these normal customers reviews have too much distortion to be reliable. I prefer properly done reviews head-to-head in the same condition, that's more accurate and representative, much less possible distortion/variability.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You must understand that the summary is for overall, and Nokian Zline are max performance beating PSS a lot in the wet. Overall beating PSS by 2%, but wet by 7%, but lost in the dry by 4%. I use the chart to find what I want not the overall placing. I am more particular on aquaplaning and wet traction.
Then again why I mention on the amount of reviews. Firstly, CSC2 is way below CSC5P, the one above is CSC2 ZZR run flats and only have 5 feedback which usually I will also discard.
PS2 also is below PSS, the one above is PS2 ZP, different model and only 2 review so can discard also.....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You must understand that the summary is for overall, and Nokian Zline are max performance beating PSS a lot in the wet. Overall beating PSS by 2%, but wet by 7%, but lost in the dry by 4%. I use the chart to find what I want not the overall placing. I am more particular on aquaplaning and wet traction.
Then again why I mention on the amount of reviews. Firstly, CSC2 is way below CSC5P, the one above is CSC2 ZZR run flats and only have 5 feedback which usually I will also discard.
PS2 also is below PSS, the one above is PS2 ZP, different model and only 2 review so can discard also.....
My point is I don't even believe that percentages anymore. Because IMHO there are too many distorted opinions and variability there to reach those percentages statistics. Average of too many distortion doesn't mean it will become right. I'd only take into accounts formal reviews done properly head-to-head, same car, same condition, same skillful driver. I want to take the purity only and get rid off the distortion. (I'm talking like discussion of audio system already now. :biggrin: )

It's like someone who has an Impreza will swear his car will always beat an Evo, and someone else who has an Evo will swear otherwise but the thing is I don't know how skillful both those guys are, what tires they use, what fuel etc2! Only when 1 neutral skillful driver that can exploit both cars to the fullest tests both cars at the same condition at the same track for several laps then I will believe that result more. Combined with other professional testers who have done similar tests (but maybe different tracks & times), then that will give the better average result.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Any test would not be exact anyway. Even UK tyre review, one day you can see conti on top, next test GY, then later you see Michelin too....hhahahhaha

Oh! I cannot find the test I read last time, same tyres tested on FWD, then later on RWD the results came out different too......:rolleyes:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Any test would not be exact anyway. Even UK tyre review, one day you can see conti on top, next test GY, then later you see Michelin too....hhahahhaha

Oh! I cannot find the test I read last time, same tyres tested on FWD, then later on RWD the results came out different too......:rolleyes:
True but at least way more reliable than just any random blokes who made any comments or reviews out there.