Can VTEC engine use RON95?

Faceless

Jan 17, 2005
for those TYPE-R engine (EK9, EP3, DC5R, CL7, FD2R) must use RON97, normal vtec and i-vtec can use RON95.

sahaX

Jun 3, 2009
heard that Ron-95 can make car burn more easily in accident.. be careful...

skye_n1

Mar 21, 2009
heard that Ron-95 can make car burn more easily in accident.. be careful...
RON refers to the ability of gasoline to auto burn inside the engine(knocking). Simply say, RON97 is harder to burn compared to RON95.

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
from my opinion, its tunable. use ron95 tune to ron95, use ron97 tune to ron97. that all. if use ron95, even on tune have to drive the car less aggressive cause u can't push the car since u already push to use ron95 right? have to drive according to situation. example, drive with less passenger can push the car...if heavy load have to drive conservative, have to drive with the correct gear. if drive during night or morning time when the air temp is lower can push the car a bit. this sounds like u r driving a turbo corvert??? but this is a way to preserve the engine. to push the car at the right moment, right time. coz type r was born to push hard, but with ron100. use lower ron then don't push...
then many will say why buy it? some people dream to own a fd2r coz its the best NA car from Honda. the exterior, interior first class. not all want to race the car?to race when you want to but for ron95 case, race when the situation allows it. if you ask me, i could live with it. but if lets say ron95 bhp gives knock all the time, then i surrender.hands down...

kenshin

<3 My Lil Honda
Dec 17, 2004
Penang , M'sia
www.kenshin2.tk
How bout 8th gen civic ? Ron95 ok ? I'm a regular shell ron95 user. But my mechanic told me to change to either petronas or called cuz the fuel is cleaner ?

civicskunk2

Aug 13, 2008
is like this..for your own good test both shell and petronas. which one is good for your drive. some people like power rather than fuel saving others like the opposite. so its depends to ur liking...to me shell is the worst...petronas however some turbo european cars performs well. for na bhp the best for me. but tried bhp to polo tsi not so good.(in terms of power). for me for std car if the car goes well so do the mileage...if tuned cars have to check AFR...first then can drive to save fuel...

drive to safe fuel it takes skills...if the car it self is already shit.....how well u drive will not get good mileage...i mean shit is the car shit from factory...example hyundai elantra 1.6 year 2004. heavy car put small engine...sure suffer...

in this case honda is ok.but i learn 1.8 is underpowered weight to ratio. 2.0 is ok..

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

that was first time ron95 introduced. now they already make ron95 less burning..thats why nowadays no more car burning...u see ron95 ours not the same as other country...the first time ron95 was born, that time it was ron92 or ron93. many complaints...so they up the ron until there was no complaints at all...there you get your ideal malaysia ron95. no more burning coz ron was increased. higher ron petrol hard to burn...

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
wow, still discussing on RON? all over the world using RON95 as standard fuel...
In Indonesia highest in RON95....

Car burning due to RON95?? I agree it's easier to burn...easier in term of what? How much 'easier'.
There are intense heat, direct spark and compression in an engine..blaming the fuel RON number was really unnecessary.

alanvtec

Sep 4, 2012
perak
mmm.. my b16b experienced some bubbling noises (brupp brupp) coming from exhaust when using RON95....

This is not evident when I switched to RON97, i achieved better mileage with RON97 than RON95 though.... (so I've used RON97 since then)

FYI, my engine is stock other than normal mods such as IHE
bro,try use caltex's ron95 techron..my b16a also have same problem as your b16b..that time i used petronas and shell ron95 fuel..but after i fill in caltex the problem just gone..

btw,remember dont change to ron97 suddenly,,it will affect the b-series injectors..

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

you can use ron95 fuel for vtec engines but make sure u reduce the usage of petronas,shell ron95 fuel..to me it doesnt fit to the vtec..use caltex..or even esso and mobil quite good..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
thought of getting a fd2r... gonna use ron 97 plus octane boosters etc...but would like to know if the engine can use ron 95
not without a retune... u should be able to just run the FD2R with RON97 WITHOUT the octane boosters.. they dont "boost" the octane that much anyway....usually 0.X

Sep 10, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys, im using my H22a Vtec dohc, can i use Ron 98? V-power racing? does it give any effect on the engine or sumthin. Or can i stick with 97. Its not about the money but is it safer or does it effect :itsme:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
There's no Ron98 in Malaysia. V-Power racing has different additives, not different Ron rating.
Haha, this is why people say 4G92 MIVEC can't achieve the official figures of 172hp in Malaysia because we only have up to RON97.

Btw, it's been quite a while since I last saw you posted in zth.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all,

if you are visiting anyone staying at arena green(if i am not wrong) near the stadium bukit jalil, if you have to leave your car outside the apartment...remember to becareful....

i heard there's a series of cars' windows smashed and things inside got stolen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience