can i own an evo if.......

minititan

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
im a fan of almost all evos...
i have some questions..
i know that i could not effort any evo right now...especially evo 4 and above..
if i have 50k to spend..and im a big fan of evos....what is the wisest way to buy a car...
is it ok to buy the converted version of evo 6...

soundfreak22nd

Apr 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
evo is still evo man.. You cannot just simply buy other cars to suit you evoness needs.. I believe that there are many other cars out there which can suit your budget.. but if you still required the evo looks with 50k, I think some 90s lancers should be a good start..

minititan

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes..i know that for sure....that's why i started this thread in the the first place...
im not looking for a 50k car that can replace evo..
i just want to know...if i have 50k to spend...
is it ok to buy the converted one....and how's the engine....especially turbo...
or is it wiser for me to save that 50 bucks and spend it on other car...
i like sport cars with turbo actually..but with all i have,its kinda limited...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
yes..i know that for sure....that's why i started this thread in the the first place...
im not looking for a 50k car that can replace evo..
i just want to know...if i have 50k to spend...
is it ok to buy the converted one....and how's the engine....especially turbo...
or is it wiser for me to save that 50 bucks and spend it on other car...
i like sport cars with turbo actually..but with all i have,its kinda limited...

u can buy a stock E3 with 50k..would be interested?..

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
50k as down payment for an Evo is possible, but you have to pay the other 50k-60k on a 7-9 years monthly payment:)

minititan

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes...i know that as well...50k as a down payment...i pretty much can own many sport cars..:proud:
actually the car will be paid by my dad...he suggested me a myvi...hehe...
so im thinking within that range of budget...what better car could i get...
and i think...with that limited budget..not that i couldn't get my dream car....i couldn't get a better car too...better means a car that would not cause any trouble as my daily usage....as this car is sponsored by my dad....he will definitely pissed off by the problems that may arise from the car...
maybe i should get a normal ordinary car as my friends suggested and try to get the evo of my dream 1 fine day....hurm.,

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

what is e3 actually...

ifanonline

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
yes...i know that as well...50k as a down payment...i pretty much can own many sport cars..:proud:
actually the car will be paid by my dad...he suggested me a myvi...hehe...
so im thinking within that range of budget...what better car could i get...
and i think...with that limited budget..not that i couldn't get my dream car....i couldn't get a better car too...better means a car that would not cause any trouble as my daily usage....as this car is sponsored by my dad....he will definitely pissed off by the problems that may arise from the car...
maybe i should get a normal ordinary car as my friends suggested and try to get the evo of my dream 1 fine day....hurm.,

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

what is e3 actually...
get a myvi la easier...no headache some more...hehe

once you have more money, than get your dream car...:burnout:

minititan

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah..i could get a fully converted wira..
but the thing is..im not so much into converted car...
but a converted lancer to evo 5 or 6 i maybe interested...but im afraid that it would cause many problems..as i am a rookie in this field...
this is my first car...and hopefully it would last for some times..as i dont have a stable job yet...
besides myvi,are there any ordinary second hand cars in that range of budget that perform as good as a new myvi though it has been on the road for several years...
jazz,swift,vios,airtrek maybe...any suggestion...

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
there is alot of things need to be consider especially getting a JDM or sport cars..mainly its the financial status..well its not either u able to pay up the monthly installment but r u able to maintain tat car...if things goes wrong..i can assure u the maintain cost gonna be much more costlier than ya monthly installment..so pls do consider properly before u owning a nice sport cars but don have any penny left in ya pocket monthly?? or u prefer to have a cheaper ride for now and got tonnes of cash in ya pocket..i will advised u to get ya dream car later on when u capable of owning one...cheers...

minititan

May 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yes indeed...
i know that i could afford some turbo cars fro 50k...
but i also know that second hand cars especially sport cars could create some major problems..
so i have to plan for the worse...even i want it so much...
thanks guys ....
i think i go for a normal affordable car....

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
there is alot of things need to be consider especially getting a JDM or sport cars..mainly its the financial status..well its not either u able to pay up the monthly installment but r u able to maintain tat car...if things goes wrong..i can assure u the maintain cost gonna be much more costlier than ya monthly installment..so pls do consider properly before u owning a nice sport cars but don have any penny left in ya pocket monthly?? or u prefer to have a cheaper ride for now and got tonnes of cash in ya pocket..i will advised u to get ya dream car later on when u capable of owning one...cheers...
I am a young boy who likes evo very much too.And your idea to buy an old "cheap" evo do cross my head during even before I got my license on hand.As this sifu said.....maintaning a performance car is really a very SCARY issue(for me).My dad told me to stick to HIS car until I got my own cash.:banghead::banghead:

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
if rm50k is max you can obtain to get a car.. advise is not to get an evo so fast... i was too once having this crave for any evo series... my first dream came through was buying a lancer mx (stock) which is now about rm40+k. then after some time only i started modding it. hhahahaha.. so it really depends what can you afford monthly like some forumer has mention. maintaining is another issue. if really die die want a mitsu or at least as close as possible.. get a lancer mx.. at least you can mod your car look into an evo4 first for a start? kekekekke

cheers!

jameswwt

1,000 RPM
Mar 7, 2008
I am a young boy who likes evo very much too.And your idea to buy an old "cheap" evo do cross my head during even before I got my license on hand.As this sifu said.....maintaning a performance car is really a very SCARY issue(for me).My dad told me to stick to HIS car until I got my own cash.:banghead::banghead:
Hi Emp,
just a little bit of correction as "Old Evo" doesn't mean cheap yaa...No Evo's is cheap yaa...:proud:

Fyi,still many peoples out there can't even afford to own an what you so called Old Evo....

No offence.

Cheers..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. my 1.3 auto myvi 2005 in stock condition... everythings original..
mileage is 35k..
this thingis.. a full tank of ron95 RM60 shell can only go for 300 km the most.. normal driving..:banghead:
is this normal?:hmmmm:
or what can i do to improve it?:idea:
as i know 1.3 should go further..:driver:
any advise or share urs?:adore:
tq:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience