BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Hallo Guys

Here We Talking About Supra Engine, Sr Engine, Rb Etc Into Bmw.
Has Anyone Come Across Problem With Control Arms, Does It Bent/loose. I Mean Can It Withstand The Power From New Engine?

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
So far everyone here seems pretty much alive i guess... never heard of the arm bent and all... i only heard many rumours from bmw enthusiast...

frenchy

Sep 13, 2007
wat'up guys

i'm kinda new here. currently using e30 316 4 doors (AT). before this i'm using e30 323 2 doors (MT)... rust reason i abandoned the car (now in my hometown... reban ayam!)

i really i luv with 1jz!(AT) due to u all la... so need a little help here.
1. this engine kinda heavy... wat type of suspension should i use?
2. brake?

i also heaving problem with wirring... power window only driver side can use, others can't. do u all hav any idea?
where can i find a.c blower?

and last... anyone here can tell me where spareparts shop selling BMW part nearby me. i stay at Shah Alam.

Many Thanks Dude!

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
So far everyone here seems pretty much alive i guess... never heard of the arm bent and all... i only heard many rumours from bmw enthusiast...
hallo cdautoparts

cant understand, never heard but only heard rumours from bmw enthusiast (did you mean anti- bmw+ sr group or else)

i'm from ulu klang. how long it take for your car to complete conversion.
mine almost 5 month now since end May. very slow.

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
Mine already 9 months. I did many things and the worst thing is trusting the wrong mechanic. Now my current mechanic is doing a good job. Its in Ulu Klang as well. If everything ok the car will be out another 2 weeks time and very little stuff left to do. I have trusted the wrong mechanic because that guy is my childhood friend, in the end he fxxked up my car...

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
CDautoparts,how long ur current mechanic take for ur conversion?

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
Well basically i brought the car with SR20det with a broken conrod bearing. SO the previous owner was kind enough to give me a spare engine kosong and after that all the shit happened. I passed on to one mechanic at setapak and put on the engine... he asked me to do intercooler piping and also banana manifold. So i did it because it was too near to the brake. Little did i know this did not solve my problem and end up towing my car here and there. Then he did my car again and place 4 port plus a new nissan servo and they placed it wrongly and the car didn't brake. So they took 2 months doing nothing. finally i've sent it to another shop and they manage to do up the brakes. Then now i am touching up my wiring, aircon, body works, bumper and finally next week spray my car. Then all done... can drive. MORAL OF THE STORY DO NOT TRUST A MECHANIC THAT TAKES MORE THAN 2 MONTHS TO FIX YOUR CAR COZ THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO DO SO.....Now i am proud to say my car is in good hands. I am looking for a 180sx now but i will drive this car for a while.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
wow...sound very scary!!!

actuually there is a mechanic offer to let him convert mine E36 to 1jz but need to give him 3 month... wtf???

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Mine already 9 months. I did many things and the worst thing is trusting the wrong mechanic. Now my current mechanic is doing a good job. Its in Ulu Klang as well. If everything ok the car will be out another 2 weeks time and very little stuff left to do. I have trusted the wrong mechanic because that guy is my childhood friend, in the end he fxxked up my car...
aiya same things here
sent to my friend since school days w/shop
i got pissed because he promised 2 months
now 5 months. but have to keep it completed

lawrenceyee

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2005
i until now haven get my car.......6month???putting a sr20det and mod a bit thing also need so long???

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
My car getting ready in 2 weeks confirm! anyway i will post the pictures after the conversion....patience is very important or else just give up from start before you spend more money....

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
hehe....finally gettin his long awaited monster to terrorize the streeetz......heheh

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does the halfcut biz owner survive after tis june? as Govermnt goin to stop all 2nd hand imported part to m'sia. Is it true?
Those with after market engine like 4g63, 6a12tt, 4g9x wher to look for sparepart in future? Thx for sharing..........
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience