Blow Off Valve.....

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If BOV can't hold pressure be it spring rate too low or the Teflon inside already worn off this is quite common beside that you boost on 1.4bar high boost.

R11

Jun 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
AFAIK, the selection of BOV/DV/BPV is related to the ecu tuning either by using MAP or MAF sensor as an air/fuel mixture load source.

If your can is running by MAF sensor based setup and you plan to use the BOV VAT (vent to atmosphere), the afr will run rich as the calculation of air is based on the mass airflow metered.

the loss air vented to atmosphere is basically metered/calculated air needed by the ecu for this combustion mixture. besides the car running rich, you might have a problem to get a stable idle.

some OEM ecu can be remap / reflash with using the MAP setup, but in addition you have to have the 2/3 bar map sensor if the factory setup doesnt have one.

Happy boosting guys..:driver:

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
If BOV can't hold pressure be it spring rate too low or the Teflon inside already worn off this is quite common beside that you boost on 1.4bar high boost.
Thanks for the info bro. So the reason y my boost can go past 1.1bar could be due to leaking bov right?

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Is better you let workshop to check for you to confirm the problem. Boost can't hold can be from...
1. Piping leak
2. Wastegate leak
3. BOV leak
4. Boost controller leak.

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
guys..

currently im using hks sqv. since its leaking i plan to change to greddy type-s..
so my question is, can i use back my current adapter or must use greddy adapter instead?
thx

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Immitation also can use just dont know how long can last but even original some time also must depend your luck.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
thx for the info bro..

btw any1 been using hks sqv imitations? how's the quality? it seems non adjustable, wont causes turbo surge?
doesn't last long.. if u happened to stumble one using it w/o problem, it's luck.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
I was using ori japan ssqv 1 before, but no sound,
after using ssqv2 taiwan it works now....
mine is from taiwan...as long as yr boost below 1bar u should be fine...
if more than 1 bar use greddy

enkei_rs

May 3, 2008
Now using Blitz ss series on my 6A13TT with 0.6 Bar maximum.
But sound not so loud and normal "kepish" sound.
Any advise with nice sound and work with 0.6 Bar.
Admire the bird chipping sound.

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
I was using ori japan ssqv 1 before, but no sound,
after using ssqv2 taiwan it works now....
mine is from taiwan...as long as yr boost below 1bar u should be fine...
if more than 1 bar use greddy
mine also ori sqv 1st version.. but its leaking now.. whistling sound when u boosting. (4g93t 0.7 bar)
been using it for 4 years ++.. bored with the sound so plan to change to greddy type-s.love the type-s sounds but i read lots of negative reviews about piston type bov. soft spring,diaphram tears,jams and etc.

any methods or tips to diff ori sqv with imitations.. worry get con.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It you don't mind the sound maybe you can try to use Tail BOV I think it don't have imitation yet. For HKS & Greddy immiation is close 99% only can tell by the logo itself. Ori brand logo are very sharp but immitation is fade abit but still very hard to tell if you don't have ori to compare.

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
enkei_rs said:
Now using Blitz ss series on my 6A13TT with 0.6 Bar maximum.
But sound not so loud and normal "kepish" sound.
Any advise with nice sound and work with 0.6 Bar.
Admire the bird chipping sound.
The location you plant yr bov will affect the sound aswell.

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
It you don't mind the sound maybe you can try to use Tail BOV I think it don't have imitation yet. For HKS & Greddy immiation is close 99% only can tell by the logo itself. Ori brand logo are very sharp but immitation is fade abit but still very hard to tell if you don't have ori to compare.
bro, have u ever try type-s imitations?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fingers crossed, prayers said and all deeds with the devil signed, let’s hope this time around it isn’t pushed back yet again as a post on Playstation Blog has confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 will be going on sale 24 November.

Sarcasm aside though, even we of little faith have some believe that this time it’s for real as Kazunori Yamauchi, the president of Polyphony Digital, has explained the delay in a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience