Air filter

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
theres alot of brand...usually neo owner uses drop in air filter

brand : K&N, works but im using pipercross brand
get it from performance shop or from mudah, its plug n play

for open pod, no idea which is which as i do not use 1...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Open pod if left in engine compartment need to build heat shield also, if not suck in hot air only.....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Open pod looks good (some performs well at certain parameter, some say this sort of filter makes nice induction sound), but during bad traffic jam, the filter suck in hot air....

Drop in performance filter would be better...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Open pod looks good (some performs well at certain parameter, some say this sort of filter makes nice induction sound), but during bad traffic jam, the filter suck in hot air....

Drop in performance filter would be better...
That is why CAI is important. Some place open pod out to bumper area with long intake hose....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
near bumper area is one way to catch cool air. But be careful not to pick up dirt.....and might easily clog the filter.

Whatever the case, please use filters, whatever the type, cheap or expensive, ori or not. Some sohai completely threw away their filter (becoz of "race car" mar).....and managed to suck in foreign things in the process.

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
Open pod if left in engine compartment need to build heat shield also, if not suck in hot air only.....
yups...and even R3 race car uses drop in...open pod are not helping

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
near bumper area is one way to catch cool air. But be careful not to pick up dirt.....and might easily clog the filter.

Whatever the case, please use filters, whatever the type, cheap or expensive, ori or not. Some sohai completely threw away their filter (becoz of "race car" mar).....and managed to suck in foreign things in the process.
Open pod still have the filter at the front end or some call mushroom head filter.
No filter suck in foreign matter get extra oomph and may go kaboom......hahhahhahaha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Open pod still have the filter at the front end or some call mushroom head filter.
No filter suck in foreign matter get extra oomph and may go kaboom......hahhahhahaha:rofl:

or sucking in water, from puddle splashes during heavy rain...

NA engine that suddenly runs "Water injection". Surely ommphh!!!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
or sucking in water, from puddle splashes during heavy rain...

NA engine that suddenly runs "Water injection". Surely ommphh!!!
In the bumper actually quite safe from these water splashes. Main thing should be flood water, because so low down.....:smokin:

Raymondanthony

Aug 19, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think open pod will b a good idea. I wil try on works air filter. I have seen a dyno test research that using original air flow will b good in performance compare to open port.anyway tq seniors.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
just use ss mesh drop in type..good enough for stock engine

marv3

Known Member
Jun 5, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think open pod will b a good idea. I wil try on works air filter. I have seen a dyno test research that using original air flow will b good in performance compare to open port.anyway tq seniors.
Drop-in will suffice. If you lazy to do clean/wash/oil, then get the works stainless steel. Later on, get a hose and join it with the intake, and place a hose further away from the engine (i.e. in front of bumper). Then the engine will be able suck in outside air which is cooler instead of hot air from engine bay.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Drop-in will suffice. If you lazy to do clean/wash/oil, then get the works stainless steel. Later on, get a hose and join it with the intake, and place a hose further away from the engine (i.e. in front of bumper). Then the engine will be able suck in outside air which is cooler instead of hot air from engine bay.
If use drop in filter, most original hose already draws air from outside, right?