about converting s15 spec S to R version

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
hi guys wanna ask question about converting my silvia spec s to R version plan SR20DET from S14..or S15 engine from hcut.
- how much halfcut price for S15 spec R manual?
- can all bracing, and extra bar from spec R putting back to spec S body and chassis..izzit bolt-on or need to weld.
- if put SR20DET from S14 iziit plug and play into S15 spec S chasis, what modification need.
- can i use back my manual GBox from SR20DE with SR20DET engine from S14?
- what different S15 SpecR engine compare wth S14 SR20DET engine..what i know so far..S15 Spec R brake booster bigger, Injector bigger 4++cc, S15 got better turbine than 14, both oso got VTC or VTL, ECu not sure...different driveshaft need to hybrid, wiring maybe different a bit...any ideas guys...coz if S15 hcut still expensive i will plung in SR20DET black top from S14...any of u guys do conversion like this b4...coz need to prepared b4 do conversion....anyways thanks for advise given...:)

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
price after converting is more expensive than buying a Spec R itself...plus many factory installed items is nothing u can do from outside...

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
i get my silvia below 80k if buy s15 spec r hcut and convert still cheaper...and if just put s14 more more cheaper...i'm not doing it at sunway area which for sure cut troat price...coz outside sunway still got so many good tuner,installer and more creative which for sure more cheaper...for the spec r bar and bracing all can bolt back to spec s problem only bar or brace in the dashboard..coz that one i need to check first..this what i know from overseas forum..

chromeibanez

Known Member
Aug 17, 2008
Interesting one,
not quite sure bout this.
anyway good luck with it!
:burnout:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
S15 Spec R just around 90k
S15 halfcut is around 10k
S14 halfcut is around 6k

Cost is concern. originality also concern

you buy S14. your labour to fit it also a concern
nothing can used back on the car
Meter cannot use
need to wireup from your ECU to meter.. there goes the messy wiring part

you buy S15 halfcut.. all part can be used and plug and play
no messy wiring
6 speeder compared 5 speeder

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
I suggest you bolt-on turbo the SR20DE which more cheaper and powerful than SR20DET~

karl_razlie

500 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
Puchong
s15 meter can use bro..that easy job...ppl analog meter oso can put digital meter if know how hehe...i can get s14 engine lantai RM3k, use back my 5 speed gbox...6 speed s15 gbox known got problem when reach more than 330hp...wiring not an issue (just make it neat and follow OEM style wiring)..nothing impossible bro...in malaysia all can do one..
btw i agree nowdays s15 can get RM90k but rarely..if RM90 how much deposit to put surely around 15-20 or 30k....and for BOT...to make it sustain high boost and daily driven..sure need to spend more than 10k...coz i already BOT my previous car...a lot of problem if minimal budget...for ppl minimal budget like me S14 engine is cheaper to maintain, easy to find parts...and got so many performance parts....so bro this is what i thinking...maybe i'm wrong...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Back in 1998, Mclaren introduced its two-seater Formula One car to enable VIPs and members of the media to understand the demands of a modern Grand Prix car. Since then, nothing has been heard and the Mclaren two-seater dubbed the MP4-98T has quite literally disappeared from public view. But Mclaren effectively gave the rest of the world something to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience