Three-seater Ferrari F1 car spied testing at Maranello

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Back in 1998, Mclaren introduced its two-seater Formula One car to enable VIPs and members of the media to understand the demands of a modern Grand Prix car. Since then, nothing has been heard and the Mclaren two-seater dubbed the MP4-98T has quite literally disappeared from public view. But Mclaren effectively gave the rest of the world something to catch up with, and heed ing that call is Ferrari, naturally.

Over the past few years, there have been on-again off-again reports of a three-seater Ferrari F1 car built to be used for a similar purpose as the Mclaren, but also for the Marlboro Red Racing School near Ferrari's HQ.

Dubbed the "Marlboro Red Rush", the car was recently spied testing at a wet Fiorano Circuit, near Maranello, Italy.

The three seater Formula One Ferrari is capable of sprinting to 100km/h in 2.9 seconds and reaches 300km/h in 13 seconds before maxing out at 325km/h. The car is based on a Formula One F2002 653 chassis and is powered by a 789hp engine that redlines at 17,000 rpm.

It measures in at just under 5-meters long and is about 1.8 meters wide. The car carries 50 liters of fuel, and weighs in at 845kg.

Source: WorldCarFans

quiksilve

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
Wow, didn't malboro would still be sponsoring ferrari officially , guess its for the malboro red racing school, so thats a different case.

Always loved the malboro ferrari sponsored livery F1 cars

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
The FIA prohibits tobacco sponsor names from appearing at the F1 cars to support anti smoking. In the past there used to be Mild Seven in Renault and West in Mclaren, now these names have disappeared.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I'm soon to be in receipt of a Suzuki Vitara - not the best of cars i know, but beggars can't be choosers.

Basically, it's got an amp, sub, alpine MP3/iPod player, but i want to go a lot further than this.

I'd like to know if anyone has a built in computer (not a car computer, a real one, like "Shuttle" which do small cube PC's). http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?ProductID=14767&GroupID=0...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience