Search results

1. O

Basic camshaft installation guide

Thanks for the clarification. While i understand the overlap causes some exhaust to remain inside the combustion chamber, thus reducing the MON ( as drexchan mentioned earlier), is there anyway to improve the exhaust exit speed? if less exhaust gas remain, so the MON is higher, then less prone...
  2. O

Basic camshaft installation guide

i have a question in the write up : "he figures the overlap between the intake valve and exhaust valve opening somewhat decreases the octane in the cylinder making it harder to burn" can the octane number actually change? or is it the Air/Fuel Ratio?
  3. O

What does engine torque mean to you?

Id like to try to contribute. Torque is "work done". it is the Twisting force. while Horse power is (in simple terms) Torque x RPM. Notice how the VW golf 6 TSi has 260Nm of torque but only 160HP, While the Honda civic Type R (FD2R) has "only" 215Nm of torque but 225hp? the higher the torque...
  4. O

Hidden Speed Camera by the Road Barricades in Bordeaux - Bayonne Expressway, France

Re: Hidden Speed Camera by the Road Barricades in Bordeaux - Bayonne Expressway, Fran Hi, just stumbled on this thread by accident as i am normally a lurker. instead of penalizing by car, we should penalize by speed, Maybe 10% above speed limit = RM150, 100% above = Rm3000.00, means the higher...
  5. O

Anyone drives a Ford Ranger XLT TCDi Auto?

how about comparing it to the Mitsubishi Triton? i like the Ford XLT because it's auto is 5 spd, which is good for urban driving, but the resale value is terrible.i'm still 50/50 with the ford.... like chinese saying, heart big, heart small....
  6. Anyone drives a Ford Ranger XLT TCDi Auto?

Hello, i'm interested in a Ford ranger XLT TCDi, but i cant seem to find any good source of information. most probably a USED one. typical example on the used market now is about 3 years old, i understand the downside of pickups, I've own a Hilux SR Turbo before. How is the maintainence like...
  7. O

evo or subaru..

I've had the luxury of owning both an evo as well as a subaru, and i've personally feel that A) both cars are just as heavy on fuel, my altis beats them hands down, but these cars are not meant to skimp on fuel, moving on, B) both cars are just as cheap / expensive to maintain. while the...
  8. O

About Brakes!

I'm a lurker in this forum and i hardly reply, but steel braided hoses removes sponginess from braking is not 100% true, old brake fluids or boiling brake fluids from very hard braking also induces such sponginess, and if serious; brake fade. My old combo of Zeal slotted disc + Endless 0-600...
  9. O

[help] what happened to my HID

Hi, just want to contrbute. Blinking HIDs can be due to insufficient voltage or amps, the initial amp draw on a 35W HID kit is about 10+ amps and gradually drops to about 3.5 amps when it's warmed up, provided 12-13 volts. if your electricals are checked out fine, then you have to check...
  10. O

Anyone tried D2 Adjustales..? Please share..

i read this thread with interest, i tried the Hotbits from Speedworks a couple of year back, i would rate it as very good, comfortable yet it inspire confidence, even during very hard conditions. but that was few years back, i haven't tried the latest products from Hotbits. Now i am more...
  11. Suspension for Forrester

Hi, i've been looking around and i cant find any information of Forresters anywhere, since ZTH seems to be quite active, i decided to try here. i currently drive a SG9 Forrester STi, stock standard. but i have no experience with Subaru, but feels that the car doesn't handle as sharp as i...
  12. O

Unprofessionalism At Motor Image (MI)

Hello, While i am not condoning their actions, these services are not only to motor image. but even Cycle & Carriage Merc. this happened some time ago, so i will not say that their service has not improved since then. but my family's c-class was sent into for engine fault over 7 times in the...
  13. O

(wts) - Evo 8 Mr '05

hi, i'm interested, but is there an expected price on your car?
  14. O

Best Booth @KLIMS

i've not been to KLIMS this year as i am currently overseas, but motor shows' purpose is to show the company's direction, their latest and best offering to the consumers. while displaying the ASIMO is a great move, displaying a mere City would be like asking me to pay 15 bucks to enter their...
  15. O

Converted Lancer to Evo

if your are going on track, why don't u get a (unregistered) recond or new car, then register it as a track car. that way you get a quality assured car, minus the high price. and integra type-R cost maybe < 80k can get liau. ( not sure, never done it myself) if you want to a street...
  16. O

Mitsubishi GTO 3.0 v6 twin turbo , Rx-7 Rotary 1.3 , Toyota Supra 3.0 turbo

just to add a few things to this thread. it's not the power, but the power to weight ratio thats scary. try a supercharged lotus elise and you will enter a totally different dimension of speed. Black howling, just want to ask, is your supra manual or auto? if its manual, are you using...
  17. O

The correct way of closing the bonet

you won't say that once you tried in on aluminum bonnets like on an Evo. heartache i tell you. and if the heavier the bonnet, the lower you have to lift your bonnet isn't it? i lift up the bonnet for all my cars, recommended by a family friend. since he is experieced with supercars like...
  18. O

Car to suit my budget.

sorry the line should speak " depreciation much lower compared to buying new" thanks for the correction. if buying a second hand car, looking at continentals are better. if eswaran doent mind the cold look sometimes people give when buying continentals, its a great choice compared to...
  19. O

Car to suit my budget.

Eswaran is looking for second hand cars, unpopular cars such as volvo and saab is great for second hand, since the deprecieation is much lower when bough new.
  20. O

car gauges...

i dont think it's accurate. since turbos ru pretty hot in the first place. unless the gauge is a digital one. few tenth of deg difference in tempreture won't be noticeable. FYI exhaust temp gauge measures in hundreds, so a drop in say 20deg wont be noticeable. apparently vaccum meter can...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo to all..
anyone know where i can cut my spring? prefer pj and shah alam area la.
not interested to buy sport spring, bcos already install heavy duty spring. higher than stock spring. make my car look like jeep now.. just want to lower it a bit.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience