Need Some Explanation On Ori & Local Wastegate

Billy20

Jun 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

Guys there is so many cheap wastegate which will cost around Rm280-Rm500, and original is around Rm750++, i am talking about Tial 38mm.

Can any users of this type of wastegate's can give comment of this parts?
Can the cheaper wastegate last?
If both type of users give comment here will be better.

Thanks.

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
the biggest issue is consistency in production and performance.

the fakes obviously have a limitation to engineering and quality capabilities.

to put it simple, it's just pure luck when you buy a fake... never know when it will go..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i'm not using any but i've got frens who use immitation and ori..according to them, fake/immitation wastegates cannot hold boost steadily unlike the ori ones..

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Hi,

Guys there is so many cheap wastegate which will cost around Rm280-Rm500, and original is around Rm750++, i am talking about Tial 38mm.

Can any users of this type of wastegate's can give comment of this parts?
Can the cheaper wastegate last?
If both type of users give comment here will be better.

Thanks.
they don't last.

two of my friends gave up on those imitation. one using TIAL imitation, another one HKS imitation. both failed. sluggish spring. poor reliability and durability of the internal parts of the wastegate. and sometimes even the wastegate opens when engine is on idle.

eventually both end up with turbo smart :biggrin:

basikal_pancit

500 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Selangor
the diagfram (orange rubber inside ) of the imitation is not as high quality as the original...
As for the outer it could be almost identical...
Used HKS ayam before and had to remove the diagfram since it is easily koyak when u boost.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
reliability and durability is the main issues when it comes to fake product.some of u out there might be lucky cos i've seen a fake products that last quite long.

wasteg4te

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
jb
im using ori tial wastegate, very satisfied,
and my friend used fake HKS wastegate with heavy mod engine, high boost. also ok
now he upgrade to stand alone. no problem at all.

just his luck maybe.

Billy20

Jun 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for all the explanation guys,

Guys i am planning to buy from Samurai Racing who is fomally known as SS Racing, they are selling the Tial Wastegate 38mm for Rm750, is this tial will be the original 1? Any comment pls.....

Wasteg4te, bro the tial wastegate u using, is it 38mm? So far how long u using it aldy?

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Thanks for all the explanation guys,

Guys i am planning to buy from Samurai Racing who is fomally known as SS Racing, they are selling the Tial Wastegate 38mm for Rm750, is this tial will be the original 1? Any comment pls.....

Wasteg4te, bro the tial wastegate u using, is it 38mm? So far how long u using it aldy?

i've seen many reputable shops selling ori tial for ard dat price..fake/replica wastegate is just 1/3 of an ori's price..

KRZ8v

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Aug 31, 2009
KL/Subang Jaya
I m using those imitation Tial 38mm MVS (replica) non-ori wastegate. Can say dat still holding on strong and still functioning. But there is a few problem I came across lately, the discoloration of the WG housing.... It wuz a nice grey color coated housing @ 1st till 4-5 months later it became sumthing like "rainbow color". As for the spring, the WG starts to scream @ 0.7bar (no doubt the box stated 1 bar spring):hmmmm: but sumtimes after a long journey, the WG starts to open even @ low boost. Can't go above above 0.5 sumtimes :bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as seen from the title above, i suffer from low oil pressure....low rev is ok i think, since idle stay at 1 bar plus, crusing stay at 2 -3 bar.....how ever, the oil pressure stay same when i full throttle and rev, when high rev till vtec and boost kick in, pressure dropped to 2 bar only:banghead: new oil pump needed? where can get it? and got aftermarket pump that is more efficient and powerful? will that cause problems if i drive it normally(not rev past 4k rpm and no boosting)? please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience