BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Sifus out there,

Im using 4g13 BOT, having e-manage blue & using 240cc injectors.

TD04L with walbro + fpr. Prob now is when i went for dyno, when wanna boost dat time, it is very very lean a/f graph showing 18-19 like dat, very dangerous.

I just want to know any injectors that suits me besides 275cc? used 390cc b4 - definitely out.

so it must be below 390cc. anyone? thx sifus

:adore::adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi Sifus out there,

Im using 4g13 BOT, having e-manage blue & using 240cc injectors.

TD04L with walbro + fpr. Prob now is when i went for dyno, when wanna boost dat time, it is very very lean a/f graph showing 18-19 like dat, very dangerous.

I just want to know any injectors that suits me besides 275cc? used 390cc b4 - definitely out.

so it must be below 390cc. anyone? thx sifus

By right, an emanage blue is able to control anything between stock injectors to 150% of the stock injectors size. So, u have to identify the source of the problem. I'm not sure what ur stock injectors size are, but if 390cc falls between the 150% of original sike, the u need to check ir wiring N see if there's if the resistor box is installed to the injector wiring. 390cc from gsr is low impedence injectors. U need the resistor box.

If 390cc falls on higher than 150% of the stock size, the there are a few way u can choose to do.

1) go look for H22A. They ranges from 240cc to 330cc.
2) changen the ecu + wiring systEM to wira 1.6 and use 390ccc and get it tuned.
3) get urself a set of injector harness for emanage, plonk in external/sub injector into the ic piping and tune it separately as an extra fuel injection mapping when boost

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
thx sifu speed, i got the resistors box already.

now using 240cc injectors from 4g93. wud it be bcoz of the tuning?

from ur experience, normally for 4g1x standard boost, will 240cc injetor enuff? forgot to put in im using 272 pipercam.

thx :adore::adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
thx sifu speed, i got the resistors box already.

now using 240cc injectors from 4g93. wud it be bcoz of the tuning?

from ur experience, normally for 4g1x standard boost, will 240cc injetor enuff? forgot to put in im using 272 pipercam.

thx :adore::adore:
U can't use a resistor pack when u're using high impedence injectors. High impedence injectors from Mitsubishi are mostly from NAs and some turbocharged engine like 275cc from 6A12TT, and 450cc from 4G63T airtrek. U only use a resistor for low impedence injectors like 390cc from gsr, 450cc from vr4/rvr and other turbocharged Mitsubishi's engine.

Rule of thumb, std 4g93 with 240cc. Low compression 4g93t with stock turbo boosting safely at stock boost 0.7bar have 390cc. U have 62.5% bigger capacity injectors. So, use ur stock capacity injectors, + 62.5%. but since ur engine is still running on high compression pistons, 62.5% is also quite risky. U should go for higher capacity. And also, u've increase the cam duration. That will also affect ur afr. So, to be on the safe side, go for double of ur stock injector size. Which is still within ur emanage ability.

Or, go for sub injectors set up. Nothing to worry. But mean while, let ur feet be light.

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Sifu speed,

I understand liao... meaning i shud get the 290cc...last stock was 145cc...but, if no 290cc, can get 275cc or better above 290cc? wat is the next available cc after 290?? anyway im been using this kit since 2008 til now. 1st year without management can go standard boost but cost me my metal gasket gone. then oni early dis year i manage get the e-manage but, tuning fly kite liao.. -.-"

thx sifu speed again... after dis keep the car stock boosting, enuff torque for street use alrady :adore::adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi Sifu speed,

I understand liao... meaning i shud get the 290cc...last stock was 145cc...but, if no 290cc, can get 275cc or better above 290cc? wat is the next available cc after 290?? anyway im been using this kit since 2008 til now. 1st year without management can go standard boost but cost me my metal gasket gone. then oni early dis year i manage get the e-manage but, tuning fly kite liao.. -.-"

thx sifu speed again... after dis keep the car stock boosting, enuff torque for street use alrady :adore::adore:
I'm not a sifu... there are 310cc from H22A. U can look for 4G92 ECU + wiring. I think the sockets should be same... But u need to use a MAF then. Then, u can go for 390cc injectors with additional of resistor pack. But if u're using 4G93 injectors, u SHOULD NOT BE USING RESISTOR BOX, IT CAN KILL UR ECU IF UR ECU IS OVER LOADED...

Actually 275cc should be good if u're going for low boost below 0.7bar with thicker Steel gasket.

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
oo..im not having any plans to change wiring..just stay put wif wat my setup now..more mods more money & time...dun hav the latter one...kekeke

if im going to use 275cc which is from twin turbo engine, i shud keep using resistor box, end of dis month, im gonna send it for tuning. :adore::adore:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
oo..im not having any plans to change wiring..just stay put wif wat my setup now..more mods more money & time...dun hav the latter one...kekeke

if im going to use 275cc which is from twin turbo engine, i shud keep using resistor box, end of dis month, im gonna send it for tuning. :adore::adore:
Nope... 275cc from V6 are high impedence injectors... U shouldn't use resistor box for high impedence injectors.

chris_ch3w

Known Member
Feb 15, 2006
ok, i will consult my mech 1st regarding dis matter, thx for high-lighting to me...

hopefully can have peace of mind after end of July. :biggrin::biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
ok, i will consult my mech 1st regarding dis matter, thx for high-lighting to me...

hopefully can have peace of mind after end of July. :biggrin::biggrin:

No Problem... If u want to confirm it, ask ur mech to go check at halfcut. Open the hood of 6A12TT and see if there's any resistor pack. If there's ain't, then it's high impedence injectors.

Fastlane

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
hi guys,

i just bot my 4g92 twincam..wif tdo4hl, vr4 rs ic, injector 240...my problem is my turbo dont have the g force...previously i'm using turbo td04l but the turbo jammed due to not enough oil supply..now change the oil supply to the oil sensor socket.when i use the tdo4 from gsr , i can feel the g force..but now when i change the turbo to tdo4hl from rvr due to no stock of td04l, my car lost of the g force..

wanna hear from all the master bot here...how to solve my problem...tq

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hi guys,

i just bot my 4g92 twincam..wif tdo4hl, vr4 rs ic, injector 240...my problem is my turbo dont have the g force...previously i'm using turbo td04l but the turbo jammed due to not enough oil supply..now change the oil supply to the oil sensor socket.when i use the tdo4 from gsr , i can feel the g force..but now when i change the turbo to tdo4hl from rvr due to no stock of td04l, my car lost of the g force..

wanna hear from all the master bot here...how to solve my problem...tq
HL should give u more G force. But U have to understand that the HL is less responsive than the L due to the bigger turbine and compressor size. U'll require higher RPM to spools in.

So, boost a little higher. U'll definitely have better boost at high end. Just make sure AFR and timing is well tuned when u boost higher.

BTW, dun remove the water cool to the turbo.

Fastlane

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
htq for the reply dude...how bout the opector...the thing like ufo front of the turbo...got on steel stick from the manifold to the ufo...is it can be adjust...what i mean can be adjust to get more g force...or can u recommend or guide me what can i do to get the power back...or maybe my ic is too big..or my ic piping system....

khairule

Jun 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Year 2002
Manual Transmission
converted to mivec 4g92 (Year '06, JPJ Approved)
transmission and engine original mivec
well kept
1st owner
dashboard also change to original lancer.
Indash tv,dvd included
use by lady (2nd car)
reason for sale - owner already buy new car
interested : Call 012-2020227

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
htq for the reply dude...how bout the opector...the thing like ufo front of the turbo...got on steel stick from the manifold to the ufo...is it can be adjust...what i mean can be adjust to get more g force...or can u recommend or guide me what can i do to get the power back...or maybe my ic is too big..or my ic piping system....
That's an actuator... I'd refer it to the popoye pipe instead of UFO. It's a device to control the internal wastegate. When u boost, until it reaches the spring level within the actuator, the boost will push the diaphragm and the diaphragm will push the connection linkage and pushes the internal wastegate to open and release the access air bypass the turbine and goes directly to the exhaust without contributing more exhaust in spooling the turbine.

I know TD04L actuator linkage have screw t threads that allow u to tighten/loosen the actuator to increase/reduce boost. Another way is to add a boost controller on the vacumn hose that connects the compressor housing(intercooler piping) to the UFO.

however, that will not affect the spool in time or the responsiveness of the turbo.

Reducing the intercooler and its pipe size will improve on the spool in time. Another way of improving the spool in time is to change the A/R of the turbine housing. Either by changing the turbine housing. Or make a cone to reduce the turbine inlet area. This allow the same ammount of exhaust to move faster and effect faster spool in time.

Tunning will also improve on the turbo response. Increasing the ignition a little bit(very little) will result better turbo response time.

Just my 2 cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i own a kia sportage year around 1997 - First model
So the Alarm remote control (Original from kia) already LOST. hence the Alarm has disable engine from Starting

Well , Starter spinning . But the SPARK PLUG has been disabled and fuel CUT OFF

I have take out ecu and check the power supply - All power supply goes in to ECU , But what else HAS BEEN CUT OFF ???

If i get to know which thing cut off and i can bypasss it . den engine START ...

anyone can help me ?

ANYONE can tell...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience