Sports car rental

Will you rent the following sports cars at such rates?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I would like to rent other cars

• No, but I would consider if the rate is lower

• No, I'm not interested in renting sports cars

• Total voters

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Hi everyone, I'm thinking of starting a small sports car rental business. Sports car rental in Malaysia is too expensive I think. RM1500 for a day rental of a 350Z is out of the range for a lot of people, except those who can own a 350Z but what's the point right?

So I'm proposing an AirAsia of sports car rentals. Anyone can enjoy their dream ride without burning a hole in their pocket. For a reasonable amount, you get to rent the car. For value added service like doorstep delivery and pickup, GPS, Smarttags, you have to pay more.

Just want to find out the general opinion of what's the acceptable rate of car rental for various cars.

Toyota MRS

RM300/day (weekdays)
RM500/day (Friday, Sat, Sun, Public holidays)

BMW Z4

RM500/day (weekdays)
RM800/day (Friday, Sat, Sun, Public holidays)

BMW M3

RM800/day (weekdays)
RM1000/day (Friday, Sat, Sun, Public holidays)

Please Poll yes or no and I appreciate comments! Or you would like to see other cars being rented out, please comment too! :biggrin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
hmm..personally I think if the price difference for Public holidays, Sundays would only cost extra RM100 or RM150 than the price for weekdays would attract more people to rent the car even though on Sundays.

Cars like Lambo, Mustang and etcs would be great but I guess it will be too costly for one to rent :hmmmm:

Maybe just Supra or Skyline, DC5 will do.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Jo-e34, no minimum number of days but a deposit is needed to rent the car.

Supra-fanatics, ya renting a lambo is expensive so we are focusing more on smaller roadsters and sports cars now. But it would be a nice idea in the future =)

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
maybe u should have written that as well...bro.....otherwise....yourself and other ppl...will.....start to.....#$%@#% when they pick up the car....

depo+rental=....how many Ks?

and anything happened after that to the car mechanically.....like engine failure.....over heated....radiator...bocor.....hoses pecah.......mountings bushings.....dampers K.O.,wind screen crack..... whose gonna bare the bill......sometimes things like this just happens even when u are not thrashing....the car......nasib.....

Jo-e34, no minimum number of days but a deposit is needed to rent the car.

Supra-fanatics, ya renting a lambo is expensive so we are focusing more on smaller roadsters and sports cars now. But it would be a nice idea in the future =)

Last edited:

matt_pp

May 5, 2007
Good idea but you need to think about insurance coverage... The insurance should cover the person who rent the car too to minimize the damage impact if accident happened.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
maybe u should have written that as well...bro.....otherwise....yourself and other ppl...will.....start to.....#$%@#% when they pick up the car....

depo+rental=....how many Ks?

and anything happened after that to the car mechanically.....like engine failure.....over heated....radiator...bocor.....hoses pecah.......mountings bushings.....dampers K.O.,wind screen crack..... whose gonna bare the bill......sometimes things like this just happens even when u are not thrashing....the car......nasib.....

Well, this is actually NOT an advertisement for a sports car rental. Just a survey.

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Good idea but you need to think about insurance coverage... The insurance should cover the person who rent the car too to minimize the damage impact if accident happened.
Yes there will be insurance coverage. But minor dings and dents should be covered by the renter. That's what the deposit is for.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Yes there will be insurance coverage. But minor dings and dents should be covered by the renter. That's what the deposit is for.
thts impossible, if u do so, just waiting for huge argument to come only...
deposit is a must, sure must... but since the car has been covered by ur own insure company, u can't expect the renter to pay the stolen or missing or watever ding dong dent of the car...

u can try to survey from other car rental company as well...
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
thts impossible, if u do so, just waiting for huge argument to come only...
deposit is a must, sure must... but since the car has been covered by ur own insure company, u can't expect the renter to pay the stolen or missing or watever ding dong dent of the car...

u can try to survey from other car rental company as well...
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Dings and dents meaning a cracked bumper or renter accidentally reverse into a pole. So u mean i can rent a car and trash it up and just return it without them charging me?

Of course for major accidents or theft, the insurance will be claimed.

I have rented cars before and i know what the deposit is for. It's to ensure that you take care of the car properly.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
interesting. definitely can consider but i would rather have other jap cars.

ESPECIALLY : EVo's and DC5 yuummiiiieeee

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
interesting. definitely can consider but i would rather have other jap cars.

ESPECIALLY : EVo's and DC5 yuummiiiieeee

These cars can be offered in the future =)

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Last time there was a guy that did Time Share for Ferrari cars. I wonder how that went? Maybe you could do that too.
Hmm interesting. But the amount that you have to pay out to time share vehicles would be pretty high, like 5k for a Z4 that you will have to share with 30 people and you can only drive it a few days in a year.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Can I rent the BMW Z4 and take it to SIC? :idea: