Evo gods

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
hi sifus of Evo's

Im very new at this Evo models , I'm not sure of wat the the difference between evo 7 ,8 or 9 so many different models out that.
why im askin this coz im lookin at gettin a sports car turbo or n/a lookin for long term n easy car to maintain. hope u guys can help here.

regards

Last edited:

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi sifus of Evo's
Im very new at this Subaru models , I'm not sure of wat the the difference between evo 7 ,8 or 9 so
You mean difference between Subarus & EVO 7,8,9? Or do you think EVO 7,8,9 are Subaru?:confused:

The main difference between Subaru Impreza & EVO is the engine. Subaru traditionally use boxer engine, low, flat & light weight. Advantage low, flat engine means lower center of gravity & better handling. Disadvantage most servicing involves lifting out the whole engine, so maintenance is more expensive. EVO uses inline 4 engine, advantage easier to tune & maintain.

Also EVO are usually more focus on performance so its sharper to drive but uncomfortable. while Impreza are usually easier to drive & more comfortable but not as sharp as EVO.

And EVO's are Mitsubishi.

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
I think Prince refering to version of subaru...ver7, ver8 and so on....

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
( Mitsubishi's) sorry for the typo error
i wanted to know the differences between evo 7 ,8 n 9

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

You mean difference between Subarus & EVO 7,8,9? Or do you think EVO 7,8,9 are Subaru?:confused:

The main difference between Subaru Impreza & EVO is the engine. Subaru traditionally use boxer engine, low, flat & light weight. Advantage low, flat engine means lower center of gravity & better handling. Disadvantage most servicing involves lifting out the whole engine, so maintenance is more expensive. EVO uses inline 4 engine, advantage easier to tune & maintain.

Also EVO are usually more focus on performance so its sharper to drive but uncomfortable. while Impreza are usually easier to drive & more comfortable but not as sharp as EVO.

Thanks for the extra info buddy

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Thanks for the extra info buddy

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ok to break it down EVO 7,8,9 are all using the same platform CT9A. Difference?

EVO 7 is the new 'base' design for future EVO(8 & 9), its slightly less powerful, slightly slower, heavier & not as good handling as EVO 8 & 9.

EVO 8 is upgraded EVO 7 with better everything. Brakes are Brembo, shock absorber are Bilstein, lighter wheel & overall lighter weight than EVO 7. Result is faster & better to drive than EVO 7.

EVO 8 MR is an upgraded EVO 8 with even better Bilstein absorbers, even lighter wheels, 6-speed gearbox, lighter aluminium roof for lower center of gravity, a better LSD & a much more advanced traction control & stability control system. Some version even come with more power.

EVO 9 is again an upgraded EVO 8 with the introduction of MIVEC for the 1st time on an EVO. A redesigned turbo to work better with MIVEC producing a wide powerband & also more power. EVO 7 & 8 around 280hp, EVO 9 produce 290hp.

EVO 9 MR is similar to EVO 8 MR, basic EVO 9 with brembo brakes, bilstein absorber, better traction control & stability control, lighter aluminium roof & lighter wheels.

In terms of driving experience (i have the privilege to drive the EVO 7 & EVO 8) EVO 8 is alot better than EVO 7, EVO 8 just has better traction, better brakes & overall more responsive than EVO 7. So i presume EVO 9 will be better & easier to drive (with MIVEC) than EVO 8 since its an EVO 8 upgrade.

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
Ok to break it down EVO 7,8,9 are all using the same platform CT9A. Difference?

EVO 7 is the new 'base' design for future EVO(8 & 9), its slightly less powerful, slightly slower, heavier & not as good handling as EVO 8 & 9.

EVO 8 is upgraded EVO 7 with better everything. Brakes are Brembo, shock absorber are Bilstein, lighter wheel & overall lighter weight than EVO 7. Result is faster & better to drive than EVO 7.

EVO 8 MR is an upgraded EVO 8 with even better Bilstein absorbers, even lighter wheels, 6-speed gearbox, lighter aluminium roof for lower center of gravity, a better LSD & a much more advanced traction control & stability control system. Some version even come with more power.

EVO 9 is again an upgraded EVO 8 with the introduction of MIVEC for the 1st time on an EVO. A redesigned turbo to work better with MIVEC producing a wide powerband & also more power. EVO 7 & 8 around 280hp, EVO 9 produce 290hp.

EVO 9 MR is similar to EVO 8 MR, basic EVO 9 with brembo brakes, bilstein absorber, better traction control & stability control, lighter aluminium roof & lighter wheels.

In terms of driving experience (i have the privilege to drive the EVO 7 & EVO 8) EVO 8 is alot better than EVO 7, EVO 8 just has better traction, better brakes & overall more responsive than EVO 7. So i presume EVO 9 will be better & easier to drive (with MIVEC) than EVO 8 since its an EVO 8 upgrade.
Thanks for the break-down man,:wavey: i guess Evo is just an upgarde of each version.:driver: cool

hachiroku80

Known Member
Mar 10, 2006
to all my ZTH sifus out there...:proud:

so you all saying is dat owning an evo is much cheaper than STI's???:confused: maintenance wise is so far cheaper for evo than STI rite??:confused: i'm planning to own the ver 8 STi in the future. please reply my post...i really hope dat u can give me a hand on this. Just to own one an didnt plan for any major upgrades...just to shiok sendiri :driver:....to tell u the truth, im not that type of fat wallet type of guy...so please...please...reply my post..

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
to all my ZTH sifus out there...:proud:

so you all saying is dat owning an evo is much cheaper than STI's???:confused: maintenance wise is so far cheaper for evo than STI rite??:confused: i'm planning to own the ver 8 STi in the future. please reply my post...i really hope dat u can give me a hand on this. Just to own one an didnt plan for any major upgrades...just to shiok sendiri :driver:....to tell u the truth, im not that type of fat wallet type of guy...so please...please...reply my post..
From what i heard Subaru will cost more to service, cause of the boxer engine. One of my friend and gang member owns a ver.3 Subaru Impreza Type R Sti, the rare 2 door version. He told me that alot of work requires lifting out the engine or removing alot of stuff from the engine bay cause the boxer engine is compact & everything is hard to access thats why labor is expensive. But my friend who own an EVO 8 told me that EVO need servicing more frequently than the Impreza, especially the EVO MR versions. So in the end the servicing cost is just about the same.

Last edited:

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
hi guys , does any 1 have any idea where can or which is the best car dealer in town have evo 9 mr? whats the big difference between the evo 9 n evo 9 mr? pls help

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
hi dewa ,
dont mind telling me why evo 8 mr? thanks

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys , does any 1 have any idea where can or which is the best car dealer in town have evo 9 mr? whats the big difference between the evo 9 n evo 9 mr? pls help
Like i posted above EVO 9 MR has 6-speed gearbox, Bilstein monotube shocks, forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, hood, and front fenders, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging. Its a little faster, sharper & more precise than standard EVO 9.

Best place to get 1 probably from NAZA, nicely refurbish & comes with warranty but price negotiation is minimal.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

hi dewa ,
dont mind telling me why evo 8 mr? thanks
EVO 8 MR is the lighter, faster, sharper version of EVO 8, consider it EVO 8.5 for the difference refer to my post above.:biggrin:

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
hi guys, Today i went 2 Old klang to road to check on the evo 9 . it was a oush start which i didnt know evo come with push start and most of the car ori parts are remove like the spoiler n absober . another weird part is the engine . sorry im askin u guys this coz i never own n evo b4. does evo engine have a knockin sound ? it sounds something like tis (tack! tack! tack!) the sales man offerin me 198k for d Evo n saids onli can get 80% loan hmmmm
is that true?
pls advice tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just thought of starting this thread to hear on what sifus over here got to say about their own first car and what good or bad memories that you all can say about it.

Hope sifus around here can share some stories of their humble beginnings with their first car and what kind of things that you all have done to the car. :biggrin: Also, how many of you are still keeping your first car?

For me, I am still driving my first car which is a Wira 4G15 that is passed down to me 3 years ago.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience