Evo gods

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
hi sifus of Evo's

Im very new at this Evo models , I'm not sure of wat the the difference between evo 7 ,8 or 9 so many different models out that.
why im askin this coz im lookin at gettin a sports car turbo or n/a lookin for long term n easy car to maintain. hope u guys can help here.

regards

Last edited:

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi sifus of Evo's
Im very new at this Subaru models , I'm not sure of wat the the difference between evo 7 ,8 or 9 so
You mean difference between Subarus & EVO 7,8,9? Or do you think EVO 7,8,9 are Subaru?:confused:

The main difference between Subaru Impreza & EVO is the engine. Subaru traditionally use boxer engine, low, flat & light weight. Advantage low, flat engine means lower center of gravity & better handling. Disadvantage most servicing involves lifting out the whole engine, so maintenance is more expensive. EVO uses inline 4 engine, advantage easier to tune & maintain.

Also EVO are usually more focus on performance so its sharper to drive but uncomfortable. while Impreza are usually easier to drive & more comfortable but not as sharp as EVO.

And EVO's are Mitsubishi.

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
I think Prince refering to version of subaru...ver7, ver8 and so on....

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
( Mitsubishi's) sorry for the typo error
i wanted to know the differences between evo 7 ,8 n 9

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

You mean difference between Subarus & EVO 7,8,9? Or do you think EVO 7,8,9 are Subaru?:confused:

The main difference between Subaru Impreza & EVO is the engine. Subaru traditionally use boxer engine, low, flat & light weight. Advantage low, flat engine means lower center of gravity & better handling. Disadvantage most servicing involves lifting out the whole engine, so maintenance is more expensive. EVO uses inline 4 engine, advantage easier to tune & maintain.

Also EVO are usually more focus on performance so its sharper to drive but uncomfortable. while Impreza are usually easier to drive & more comfortable but not as sharp as EVO.

Thanks for the extra info buddy

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Thanks for the extra info buddy

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ok to break it down EVO 7,8,9 are all using the same platform CT9A. Difference?

EVO 7 is the new 'base' design for future EVO(8 & 9), its slightly less powerful, slightly slower, heavier & not as good handling as EVO 8 & 9.

EVO 8 is upgraded EVO 7 with better everything. Brakes are Brembo, shock absorber are Bilstein, lighter wheel & overall lighter weight than EVO 7. Result is faster & better to drive than EVO 7.

EVO 8 MR is an upgraded EVO 8 with even better Bilstein absorbers, even lighter wheels, 6-speed gearbox, lighter aluminium roof for lower center of gravity, a better LSD & a much more advanced traction control & stability control system. Some version even come with more power.

EVO 9 is again an upgraded EVO 8 with the introduction of MIVEC for the 1st time on an EVO. A redesigned turbo to work better with MIVEC producing a wide powerband & also more power. EVO 7 & 8 around 280hp, EVO 9 produce 290hp.

EVO 9 MR is similar to EVO 8 MR, basic EVO 9 with brembo brakes, bilstein absorber, better traction control & stability control, lighter aluminium roof & lighter wheels.

In terms of driving experience (i have the privilege to drive the EVO 7 & EVO 8) EVO 8 is alot better than EVO 7, EVO 8 just has better traction, better brakes & overall more responsive than EVO 7. So i presume EVO 9 will be better & easier to drive (with MIVEC) than EVO 8 since its an EVO 8 upgrade.

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
Ok to break it down EVO 7,8,9 are all using the same platform CT9A. Difference?

EVO 7 is the new 'base' design for future EVO(8 & 9), its slightly less powerful, slightly slower, heavier & not as good handling as EVO 8 & 9.

EVO 8 is upgraded EVO 7 with better everything. Brakes are Brembo, shock absorber are Bilstein, lighter wheel & overall lighter weight than EVO 7. Result is faster & better to drive than EVO 7.

EVO 8 MR is an upgraded EVO 8 with even better Bilstein absorbers, even lighter wheels, 6-speed gearbox, lighter aluminium roof for lower center of gravity, a better LSD & a much more advanced traction control & stability control system. Some version even come with more power.

EVO 9 is again an upgraded EVO 8 with the introduction of MIVEC for the 1st time on an EVO. A redesigned turbo to work better with MIVEC producing a wide powerband & also more power. EVO 7 & 8 around 280hp, EVO 9 produce 290hp.

EVO 9 MR is similar to EVO 8 MR, basic EVO 9 with brembo brakes, bilstein absorber, better traction control & stability control, lighter aluminium roof & lighter wheels.

In terms of driving experience (i have the privilege to drive the EVO 7 & EVO 8) EVO 8 is alot better than EVO 7, EVO 8 just has better traction, better brakes & overall more responsive than EVO 7. So i presume EVO 9 will be better & easier to drive (with MIVEC) than EVO 8 since its an EVO 8 upgrade.
Thanks for the break-down man,:wavey: i guess Evo is just an upgarde of each version.:driver: cool

hachiroku80

Known Member
Mar 10, 2006
to all my ZTH sifus out there...:proud:

so you all saying is dat owning an evo is much cheaper than STI's???:confused: maintenance wise is so far cheaper for evo than STI rite??:confused: i'm planning to own the ver 8 STi in the future. please reply my post...i really hope dat u can give me a hand on this. Just to own one an didnt plan for any major upgrades...just to shiok sendiri :driver:....to tell u the truth, im not that type of fat wallet type of guy...so please...please...reply my post..

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
to all my ZTH sifus out there...:proud:

so you all saying is dat owning an evo is much cheaper than STI's???:confused: maintenance wise is so far cheaper for evo than STI rite??:confused: i'm planning to own the ver 8 STi in the future. please reply my post...i really hope dat u can give me a hand on this. Just to own one an didnt plan for any major upgrades...just to shiok sendiri :driver:....to tell u the truth, im not that type of fat wallet type of guy...so please...please...reply my post..
From what i heard Subaru will cost more to service, cause of the boxer engine. One of my friend and gang member owns a ver.3 Subaru Impreza Type R Sti, the rare 2 door version. He told me that alot of work requires lifting out the engine or removing alot of stuff from the engine bay cause the boxer engine is compact & everything is hard to access thats why labor is expensive. But my friend who own an EVO 8 told me that EVO need servicing more frequently than the Impreza, especially the EVO MR versions. So in the end the servicing cost is just about the same.

Last edited:

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
hi guys , does any 1 have any idea where can or which is the best car dealer in town have evo 9 mr? whats the big difference between the evo 9 n evo 9 mr? pls help

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
hi dewa ,
dont mind telling me why evo 8 mr? thanks

joe2d

Feb 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys , does any 1 have any idea where can or which is the best car dealer in town have evo 9 mr? whats the big difference between the evo 9 n evo 9 mr? pls help
Like i posted above EVO 9 MR has 6-speed gearbox, Bilstein monotube shocks, forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, hood, and front fenders, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging. Its a little faster, sharper & more precise than standard EVO 9.

Best place to get 1 probably from NAZA, nicely refurbish & comes with warranty but price negotiation is minimal.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

hi dewa ,
dont mind telling me why evo 8 mr? thanks
EVO 8 MR is the lighter, faster, sharper version of EVO 8, consider it EVO 8.5 for the difference refer to my post above.:biggrin:

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
hi guys, Today i went 2 Old klang to road to check on the evo 9 . it was a oush start which i didnt know evo come with push start and most of the car ori parts are remove like the spoiler n absober . another weird part is the engine . sorry im askin u guys this coz i never own n evo b4. does evo engine have a knockin sound ? it sounds something like tis (tack! tack! tack!) the sales man offerin me 198k for d Evo n saids onli can get 80% loan hmmmm
is that true?
pls advice tq