Fuel Ron95 survey

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Dear Members,

I have been using ron 95 for about 5 to 6 tanks. Recently i have got a burned engine valve. I am not sure whether it's due to the ron95 or not. i have using my turbo engine 3sgte 245 for about a year without any problem before this and it was overhauled.

Apart from burned valve, i also noticed my apexi turbo timer can not read a/f sometimes(no reading for a few second) during halfway driving.

My cousin which is a mechanic expert in Merc and alot CBU Toyota telling me that he got many customers face problem after using ron95. Usually is misfired and faulty O2 sensor. The said the ron95 is damaging the o2 sensors. And result from that ecu cannot get signal from it or faulty signal so it can not manage the fuel supply anymore. with that will start giving alot problem to the engine.

I would like to know member out here who has been using ron95, how long you have been using it, and if you do face problem, what source of problem with that.

you may list out your problem in point form so that we can easlier to understand.

thank you.

1) joyride : use about 5-6 full tanks - Burned valve, mis reading on o2 sensor.(use ron95 without tuning the engine)

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
joyride: you cant use 95 unless your power fc is tuned to 95

soff

Known Member
Nov 13, 2005
Joy, it's not even worth trying. and taking the risk..RON95 do not actually save that much you just have to burn more to get the same power, consumption is worse. More of something lesser do not make it more. Better stick to RON97.

Joy is owning a MR2 ahhhhhh.....

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
I agree with what has been stated, it does not save more fuel cause at the end of the day you need more fuel to obtain similar amounts of power you were enjoying before. So you will be heavier with the pedal and burn more fuel anyway. Plus, ron 95 is not that kind on your engine anyway. So rather not use it...

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
I've got my 245 running on RON95 for a few tanks now...... It is ok I guess, but last week did some tuning using the strobe light, and noticed the tuning had gone a little off. So, I adjusted the timing to hear good and it was at 15 deg BTDC..... so, because it was not right, I adjusted further uintil I got back the 10 DEG BTDC at test mode and hunting between around 15 DEG at normal mode. So, the car seems to run fine now...... but after all said and heard, I think I'm gonna try the RON97 and check the timing if it shifts...... Will get back to you once the tank is filled and tested.

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
if youre running on stock ECU then yes the ECU can adapt to it by lowering the ignition and all but when youre using standalone it doesnt adapt. you have to change it yourself.

sicilian_defense

Feb 23, 2009
Joy,
why would you use ron95 when the 3sgte states that you should use ron97 premium and abovee? I would usually only use vpower. But once in a while some shell only offer ron97 i use that too. I too experience the engine start issue. But this is another issue altogether which has to do with ron97. Anyhoww you're not suppose to be using ron95

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Once upon a time, on a fine night, drove back to hometown...
arrived and the night is still young...

Bla...Bla...Bla...

Cut the story short before you guys fall asleep, so as stated, since is still early, went to
a Hypermarket nearby to check out some Car Care Products, never thought of buying
anything but just have a look at what are the stuffs that I MIGHT need to use...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience