Skunk2 Pro 2 B-series question

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Anyone has any info on the clearance of the SK2 pro 2 series on a bone stock b16a block with built head. I was thinking of buying the cam and putting it on my stock block. Don't worry, its boosted :biggrin:

My main concern is the clearance on the P30 piston. Max rev would be around 8500rpm. I plan on selling my civic coz i'm retiring but if there's no buyer until February next year, i'm gonna take the whole engine out and put some more stuff in.

So any info? And yeah, i tried googling and don't worry, i know about the N/A cams on boosted engine is not good bla bla bla. I just wanna know the clearance issue :smile:

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
A freind has 2 set of those... 1 set new and 1 set second hand.
Haven't put it in yet...and i haven't done the maths... so can't help you out now...

I dun have the valve lift spec & duration spec plus the recomended cam setting, if you have, post it and I will try to simulate...
Tq:biggrin:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
I used to have their catalogue a year ago when i was thinking of putting it in but lost it somewhere. It has the recommended cam degree there BUT, it wasn't specific for a b16a. Maybe you can do the motor clay to check the clearance provided the head and block are virgin hehe.

But as a start here's the degree and lift spec off the website

Pro Series B-Series DOHC VTEC

I'll try to find the catalogue link later and post it. And probably you can ask around if any of the people at sepang has pro 2's on a b16a before. I know the B16a is a little bit small for the pro 2 but on a boosted engine, it'll be a different characteristic.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Try downloading the catalogue here

Skunk2 2007 Catalog

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Elloooo PPL of zerotohundred,
I m kinda a new here n this is my 1st post.. so bare wit me :biggrin:

I drive a Putra with a 4g93T plugged wit a evo gearbox.
recently my 2nd started giving some prob it wont engage into 2nd gear as if i m shift into 2nd without pressing the clutch.... So i got it check and the foreman told me that the copper in the gearbos is worn out.. need to change the copper and it will only take like 2 to 3 days time.. n its been 1 month N I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY CAR...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience