Skunk2 sends promo email..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I'm just tracking to see where they got my email address, (my personal email address to boot!) so I'm asking any of you guys that bought *any* skunk2 products that got this mail as well.

Message title: Invitation from Skunk2 Racing

Skunk2.com is launching a new mailing list and we want you on it.

Join the list and be the first to receive:

- Latest info on products, events, racing, news, videos, and more.
- Special promotions, discounts, apparel, and product give-a-ways.
- Technical articles and videos full of tuning secrets, tricks, and how-tos.

Join Now! Click on the link below:

(Link removed for security)

This is a one-time mailing, you won't hear from us again, unless you subscribe.

- The Skunk2 Team
I'm not clicking on that link till I find out if it's a legit thing or not. It seems so, originating from the skunk2.com website as well.

Anyone?

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
True.. does seem to be an advert... damn.. even the more prominent companies resorting to spam.. (>.<)

At least it seems they got my address of the customer database instead of a spam list.. (of which my personal email add is not listed)

I'll join and see... after all, no loss of my eyeball time.

Last edited:

crower75

5,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
TeAM C.R.D
Visit site
You can actually order these online, their customer service is really helpful including in getting the frieght charges. If u wanna sell these via retail here though, they dun provide any financial aid or easy payment schemes for retailers. I suggest you check out their Singapore retailers for the price list and convert it to RM....and do the same with the pricelist in USD and see which one's the best bargain.

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
So you guys know Skunk2 brand too.. :) Thought not many people in Malaysia knows about them.

I think as with all other brands, if check their local site for prices will definitely cheaper compare to their distributor in Singapore or Malaysia.

Just that you have to bear with the hassle of make payment via bank transfer, credit card or pay pal or something like this and also very carefull with quotes on postages as sometimes the item can end up in thousands for postage or courier.

And also the risk of them getting stop in Pos Malaysia in KLIA for custom taxes which may or may not end up more expensive than buying in KL or Singapore.

Have to work our the maths and see if worth it or not 1st. Sometimes it is worth it than buy from overseas.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
thats a bloody good tip. im saying because i have gone thru with all these shipping process, money order, tax and watnot. ha ha ha. just buy here-lah.

chris2000 said:
So you guys know Skunk2 brand too.. :) Thought not many people in Malaysia knows about them.

I think as with all other brands, if check their local site for prices will definitely cheaper compare to their distributor in Singapore or Malaysia.

Just that you have to bear with the hassle of make payment via bank transfer, credit card or pay pal or something like this and also very carefull with quotes on postages as sometimes the item can end up in thousands for postage or courier.

And also the risk of them getting stop in Pos Malaysia in KLIA for custom taxes which may or may not end up more expensive than buying in KL or Singapore.

Have to work our the maths and see if worth it or not 1st. Sometimes it is worth it than buy from overseas.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
True.. but for certain parts, ordering direct is cheaper.. and if you have a friend that can send that part to you from the US (means you order and have it sent to a local US address), you can save some shipping costs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there sifu...

if lets say i wanna change my engine block to a higher cc.. must i change my air filter and intercooler to a bigger size ones??..will the engine be very hot??
thx!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience