EXCLUSIVE: Bugatti Veyron Actually Crashing Into Texas Lake

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel

The man, who refused to give his name, was looking at real estate in Galveston.
About 3 p.m. a low-flying pelican distracted him as he traveled north on Interstate 45 just south of the hurricane levee near Omega Bay.
The man jerked the wheel, dropped his cell phone, and the car's front tire left the frontage road and entered a muddy patch, which foiled his attempt to maneuver away from the lagoon.

YouTube- Bugatti veyron crash into lake

This was recorded by a Facebook user who appears to be taping it with a phone or digital camera just at the right moment. Warning, they do swear appropriately at the event. Incredible.

UPDATE: Thanks to some great follow up reporting by the Galveston Daily News and their sister paper, we now know the man is Andy House of Performance Auto Sales in Lufkin, Texas. The shop, ironically, specializes in repairing wrecked exotics. We contacted House for a comment and here's what he said:

" I had dropped my phone, people dont know what happened, the arnold story was made up to by the wrecker driver. What it appeared to been was a reflection.

We'll continue to cover this interesting story as it unfolds.

YouTube- Bugatti Veyron towed from saltwater lagoon

Driving weather's been perfect in southeast Texas lately, so it's anyone's guess how this genius skipped his million-dollar-plus Bugatti Veyron off the road and right into a freaking lake. Despite the cost, Veyrons certainly aren't amphibious.

The two-seater, with 16 cylinders and four turbo chargers, can reach speeds of more than 250 mph. New models sell for about $2 million.

The man, who refused to give his name, was looking at real estate in Galveston.

About 3 p.m. a low-flying pelican distracted him as he traveled north on Interstate 45 just south of the hurricane levee near Omega Bay.

The man jerked the wheel, dropped his cell phone, and the car's front tire left the frontage road and entered a muddy patch, which foiled his attempt to maneuver away from the lagoon.

The Veyron's powerful engine gurgled like an outboard motor for about 15 minutes before it died.

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Dammit..... the owner drove straight into the lake with his Veyron? WTF??? Anyway, I bet it "hurts" his bank account.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car (Hyundai Getz 1.6 Auto) using semi synthetic engine oil and clocking merely 36k km. Always stuck in jam, and car really feel heavy sometimes for stop and go traffic. Can tufoil help the engine to run smoother or easier to move from stand still?

How about Kelisa using mineral oil clocking 16k km? Authorised service center using mineral oil right? Me blur also :rolleyes:..........

Tufoil friendly to what ever engine oil? The most important part, where to get this stuff...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience