Where to find Good Perdana V6 Gearbox. Any idea?

anipd

Aug 4, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
ok thank you all for helping...anyone want to buy cover plug gti or putra can pm me..

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

i just changed my bro in law v6 auto gbox, reconditioned unit + trade in old unit + ATF + workmanship + 3 mths warranty, shop at prima damansara, if interested, PM Me.
total costs RM1.8k.
if buy gb only how much?coz my car at pahang rite now..

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Boys,
Based on your experiences and just for knowledge sake,

1) What are the symptoms that your Perdana V6 gearbox needs to be replaced ?

2) Let's say my V6 gearbox has a slight problem which occurs during gear shifting when driving
under "D". I feel the problem only during shift change from Gear 1 to Gear 2 and vice versa
only. All other gear shifts are ok. what do you guys think ?

3) Based on the scenario above, what do you suspect is the problem and what can be done to
solve it ?

Thanks

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
**u will experience gbox jerking, your whole car will jerk like someone hit your rear bumper from behind.

2) Let's say my V6 gearbox has a slight problem which occurs during gear shifting when driving
under "D". I feel the problem only during shift change from Gear 1 to Gear 2 and vice versa
**your gbox is showing symthoms already...

3) Based on the scenario above, what do you suspect is the problem and what can be done to
solve it ?
**remember to change your ATF every 15k km. use toyota type4 ATF......& install ATF cooler.better if u could find one with fan infront. halfcut rm150, with fan rm200, (installation below rm50), brand new hayden rm550 include installation

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Danz,
Thanks man. I agree that my gearbox is already showing symptoms, and have decided to install an ATF.

For Reply no.3 above, when you say use toyota type4 ATF......& install ATF cooler, are you saying that the type4 ATF is from a toyota or a classification by it's own ?. I understand there are many types of ATF

- ATF cooler ?. Is it something like the coolant that we add to our radiators ?

- When you said brand new hayden rm550 include installation, how many rows ATF is it ?. I intend to talk to my mechanic here in Penang about it....

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
rex...u go to any spare part shop...
u tell them u wan ATF toyota type 4 for perdana...they should know...
its a red colored tin.....
i have recommended alot of perdana users as well, so far all show good feedback.

here are samples of ATF coolers.
Accessories & Parts for sale Malaysia: atf cooler - Mudah.my

yes...similar to radiators, just that is 1/4 smaller than radiators.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Danz,
If you know me, I'm already working on it and will publish a report on it once sudah siap pasang. Heahehehe.

You also mentioned Hayden siap pasang = RM550 earlier. Where's your location ?.

How many row oil cooler is it ?. Piping apamacam ?...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
hayden ATF cooler was bought by my fren....im using manual tranny..hehe..
if u plan to use kedai potong ones, try looking for pajero type.
could be easily sourced anywhere...just search Mudah.my - The marketplace of Malaysia, search 'atf cooler'
im not sure how many rows are there....
piping murah bro....if hayden rm550 complete installation...+ hoses etc...
if kedai potong u buy the cooler rm150, piping only a couple of ringgit only..paling mahal rm50..
normally around rm30-40....rubber piping only...
but ensure to inform your mech u wann the piping direct from gbox-atf cooler then back to gbox...
sometimes they run your atf gbox-radiator-atfcooler-gbox.....(not enuf cooling.)

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Thanks Man,
Let me check things out and update all future forummers for their knowledge sake....

That is once I dah pasang ler..

Hehahee

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
**u will experience gbox jerking, your whole car will jerk like someone hit your rear bumper from behind.

**your gbox is showing symthoms already...

solve it ?
**remember to change your ATF every 15k km. use toyota type4 ATF......& install ATF cooler.better if u could find one with fan infront. halfcut rm150, with fan rm200, (installation below rm50), brand new hayden rm550 include installation
DanzEtrna , Wow u really know ur Perdana At Stuff. Really expert man!

Cheers.

SB3:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
danz i only have that symptom's

I have ATF cooler already that symptom occurs at times like traffic jam and hot weather only.
what can i do to solve it ? how much the toyota ATF change costs ?
i now using Q8 QD ATF + Lubeguard

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
atf cooler really works.B4 i install atf cooler,my gbox was jerking in gear shifting from 2nd to 1st.After installed,no more jerking.Im presently using MMC gbox oil.Cost for atf installation is below 180 include installation and need to add 1L gbox oil.

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
GTPui,
MMC gearbox Oil ?. From what I've heard, Perdana's are recommended to use the Proton SP3 transmision oil.

1) Can you share the specification of the MMC Gearbox oil that you mentioned above ?...

2) How much ?...

Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car died off during idle at traffic light. I thought it was battery but all the electronics and stuff are working. I can crank it, but it wont start. Even the mech dont really know whats wrong. I checked everything the spark plugs and stuff. Could it be bcs the timing belt is worn out? I only can crank but cannot start.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience