need help abt piping ae90(blacktop)

killer-20V

Sep 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi again 2 all sifoos..:itsme:..just got tis ting :burnout: my head...wats da ideal piping for ae90 wt blacktop....wats da best diameter?size?setup?any guys out thr having ae90 wt blacktop/silvertop plz share ur info...im goin :mad: abt tis :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
exhaust piping?? For me, I preferred 2.3 inch.
But normally best is around 2-2.3 inch only, others will back pressure.

hyfeezee

Dec 31, 2008
piping for trd bt 6sp 2.2 inch.better follow the tested tuning

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
hi again 2 all sifoos..:itsme:..just got tis ting :burnout: my head...wats da ideal piping for ae90 wt blacktop....wats da best diameter?size?setup?any guys out thr having ae90 wt blacktop/silvertop plz share ur info...im goin :mad: abt tis :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore:
2.3" inch. why going nuts abt tis? if u search in this toyota tread, all the answers are here.

jackylsp

Known Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sungai Petani
Hi
im current converting my 4AFE to BT 20V 4AGE, need to setup the correct extractor,piping and muffler.

any sifu can advice whether my 4AFE aftermarket extractor (4to1) can reuse for BT ? if cannot which type of extractor is better ?

and for piping 2'3" is the best (from above) then do we need to add any center part ? like bullet.
and for Muffler which type is best in performance+ less noise ?

thanks in advance

nnik

3,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Lembah Klang
take sample like original ae101/111 2doors piping....so many brands like HKS, 5zigen, apexi...but for ae92/ee90..cant copy paste like seg ae100/111 unless u use svt/btop tank mod to ee90 chasis....ask sifu banzai and others for more info....;D

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
I agree.... I found a complete AE92/90 piping with center bullet+muffler at a chop shop.... the shop situated directly opposite TESCO Ampang. Maybe selling around RM500~700 if i am not mistaken.

You can go there for a start, but make sure the piping set arent too rusty cos it will be leaking exhaust fumes after some period.

Some used exhaust from Japan may suffer severe rust problem cos there are areas in Japan especially snowy area are using salt to clear the road from ice...

The piping for AE92/101/111 are similar sized due to the 1.6~2.0 NA usually using the same size.. that is why for some 4AGE exhaust searcher whom cant find a complete piping set will hunt for B16 or VTEC piping set due to the same size.....

based on my experience (results may vary depends on resenator and type of muffler)
2.0/2.2inch= acceleration (best)/ top speed (poor/sluggish)
2.3/2.38inch= Balanced midrange(best)/ top speed (good)- widely USED by Japan tuners
2.5inch= Top speed (best)/ acceleration/midrange(poor)

the aftermarket exhaust set have been tested, dynoed before sold in japan... in japan, the designers do the trial and error.... the customers enjoy the result

Loud or not? a simple way to do a visual check
-LOUD- the internal of the muffler and center bullet (if u can peek) are same as the piping size.
-Average- the center bullet and rear muffler have smaller internal piping (2inch)

To reduce the sound, most manufacturer produce smaller internal diameter for the muffler and center bullet.

only flowmaster USA builds a tricky internal setup that can reduce sound of exhaust without decreasing the internal of muffler and center bullet.....

conclusion: Start visiting chop shop for AE92 JDM exhaust sys.

Last edited:

anuar_fadzli

500 RPM
May 10, 2005
kl
or u can contact alvin or toms bought one set last time very puas hati when using ori piping hehehhee

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
To reduce the sound, most manufacturer produce smaller internal diameter for the muffler and center bullet.
if internal diameter of muffler/center bullet smaller than pipe internal diameter, how about the gas flow?not effected ke?

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
yes it is affected.

but i have no experience on how to design an exhaust setup...

it is visible that to reduce sound, most manufacturer will make
1) bigger center bullet
2) another resonator before the muffler

by adding more size to the center bullet and resonator, the volume of exhaust fumes restricted by the 2inch internal can be balanced.... and noise suppression is possible without loosing too much or affecting the performance of the setup.

That is why most malaysian exhaust setup are noisy.... it is not well balanced.... most shop recommends customers with freeflow exhaust which have equal internal diameter from muffler to the piping... and the center bullet/muffler contribute to a noisy setup.

To minimize the noise level rear muffler silencer are oftenly used, you can feel the difference with and without the silencer....

there are too many things too consider, back flow, noise level etc etc, to get muffler set which have acceptable noise level, sys with JASMA tags are OK, cos most of it are road legal.

bro kevfoo,ae101wong, i borrow your pics eh?

conclusion, the japs done so much dyno test etc etc etc and then sell it... so... why go through the hassle... designing without knowledge are like opening pandora's box... you'll never know what will happen next.

Last edited:

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
i dont know much about the exhaust system
before this, my car use standard blacktop center bullet with fgk muffler
it produce quite loud sound combined with the trumpet sound
then, i put the standard intake and change to the double muffler exhaust
only minor mod needed to fix it to ae92 body
just need to extend the pipe between the extractor and the center bullet
it cost me rm250 for the exhaust that time
now, the sound not so loud
not really suitable for those who love the exhaust sound
but, this combination for those who use this car as family car

nahniu

Oct 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I dont know much about the exhaust system
Just recommend i worksyop at taman bolton batu caves.
Ah We exhaust..
I think he can solve your problem.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We can’t be faulted if the only reference ‘Austria’ and ‘motorsports’ brings to mind is the Formula One races held at the now-defunct A1-Ring but a tuner in the birthplace of Adolf Hitler has waved their wands on the Nissan GT-R and conjured up a respectable performance and styling kit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience