Can BT 20V use RON95?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
differences in RON won't make your cat get a better performance...no sirry !
but since 20V is a high compression engine (10.5:1 - SVT and 11:1 - BT)...its need a mass of air fuel mixture too make the mechanical parts, the from piston down to extract the energy...thus it needs a highly combustion fuel, too push the piston down...the down side of high comp engine is that it's prone to engine knocking...duhhhh...

Japanese tune the engine using RON100 (some say, no sure is it true or not :D, but i believed it's was and still)...now were are using RON97, which clearly below requirement...but still can feel the lacking of power, have to retard a bit, put more high pressure for the FPR to work on...

now what would the engine feel or say, if it can talk :D ...if we pour in RON95 ???

for me...it's not advice able to use RON95...although 20V has a knock sensor...it can retard and advance the timing slightly when ever it required...but ...using RON97, the knock sensor already make a hard work...now you add the more hard work to it...like AE80TypeD said...you'll add cruelty and add "kedekutness" in you...you want to use a high performance engine...now you are complaining about fuel consumption ? face the fact man...live with it...if can't sell it of and use non-high comp engine... :driver: or else...you can use RON95 it retard it...then make the report here...soo we all can see the long term of the engine and the feedbacks...I'm sure most of us wanna hear it... :adore:

2 cents...
again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong...:proud:

Last edited:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
I'm not sure if Blacktop really are tuned for 100RON,i think not,but i could say it is tuned for hi-octane (not specifically 100RON),as most of new generation Jap engines,coz in japan got 2 types of fuel,if i remember correctly..its regular (RON96) and premium hi octane (RON99)..

It should not have a problem to use both fuel as the ecu will make some adjustment,unless it is stated in the vehicle manual we have to use hi octane.But we never know how much the difference between the ingredients of japanese and malaysian fuel.

V-power is RON97...maybe we can try mix RON95 with RON 97 and see if there is any knock..I'll try on my SVT soon...full RON95 and Mix 95 with 97

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
i using ron95 on my 20V.... dont feel anything.. smooth & ok... maybe still mixing with
some old ron97... wait till i finish whole tank & pump in full tank ron95 again to check

shizilki

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
terengganu
RON 97 for me it's ok
RON 95, lack of power
my svt need RON 97, but most of the petrol station only sell RON 95, so cruel!!
V-power? not available at my place:banghead:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
nowadays it is very hard to find petrol station selling ron97!!! i need to travel more to refill my empty tank!

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Yes, I just realized that as well. I went to 2 Petronas and they don't have RON97, only RON95. Why are they doing this?

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
I am testing rm70 full tanks! HAHAHA!! ROn95, nothing r... no knock r... but no power only... misfiring also weaker... :D

but testing je la, find that the level of this sohai fuel is really nice.. damn lasting... round round until now also got a lot.. :D hahaha!!! Will see how later... hahaha!!!

zmays

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
...maybe we can try mix RON95 with RON 97 and see if there is any knock..I'll try on my SVT soon...full RON95 and Mix 95 with 97
i used to read that if we mix RON95 with RON97, the new RON is between 95 to 97;
let say RON96
is it true?
coz today i accidentally pumped in $20 RON95..dono what was i'm thinking that time

Last edited:

antue

Sep 5, 2008
UMW was gave statement that all toyota can use that RON 95 lor...but the fuel 'easy' disappeared from our tank (vapourised)

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd, the exclusive distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles in Malaysia, would like to announce that RON95 petrol is suitable for use in all petrol engine Toyota and Lexus vehicles sold officially by the company.

it just announce that all toyota and lexus vehicle sold officially by them is compatible with ron95
but i dont think umw sold any car with blacktop engine before
so, their statement doesn't apply to the blacktop engine..
from my testing, ron95 still can be used - just the power produce is less compare if use ron97
mayb there are some long term effect
by using ron 97 already produce dieseling sound
ron 95?..hmm
but ron 95 is sold with the same price with the previous price of ron 97..
whats that..
mayb malaysia strive to be the no 1 country that produce pollutant
doesn't think about environment or what?..

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
just pour RM20 worth of RON95 brand E/M RM1.8 per liter??? not RM1.75 meh?
ya no power at all, and the needle going down fast...

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
at the moment no problem wth my bt engine when using ron 95. i heard gov upgrade ron 95 without plumbum. maybe will not effect to our engine but only the power a bit less. early stage ron 95 with plumbum (red colour petrol) when i used to my 4k engine carb its clogged. the car cannot run smooth always mati mati.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Just tested RON95... got knocking a bit especially during stop-go situation in 1st or 2nd gear gear. Also knocking more noticeable when VVT kicks in. Power wise cant feel any difference yet, perhaps someone should dyno compare between 97 vs 95. FC don't know yet but more or less should be the same. Will update on this as well.

However, its recommended to have higher fuel press when running RON95 on 20V engine or octane booster.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Just tested RON95... got knocking a bit especially during stop-go situation in 1st or 2nd gear gear. Also knocking more noticeable when VVT kicks in. Power wise cant feel any difference yet, perhaps someone should dyno compare between 97 vs 95. FC don't know yet but more or less should be the same. Will update on this as well.

However, its recommended to have higher fuel press when running RON95 on 20V engine or octane booster.
Enlighten us on this.

The price of fuel is killing me, are there any ill effects of mixing our petrol? (i.e. using 95&97 at the same time, mixing basically.)

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Enlighten us on this.

The price of fuel is killing me, are there any ill effects of mixing our petrol? (i.e. using 95&97 at the same time, mixing basically.)
Octane booster are those fuel additives that you add into the fuel tank to improve RON rating and reduce knocking. I've seen them being sold at Jusco and other stores including Ace Hardware. Famous brands are Stp, Nitrous Express and others. Costs about RM20-30 per bottle.
I think if mix ron95 with ron97 shouldn't be an issue, but you will create something new called ron96. :burnout:

Fancy DIY octane booster? Read here: http://www.elektro.com/~audi/audi/toluene.html

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I found this product that just started to be actively available in Malaysia. It is a very popular product in US, EU even in Singapore.

Intro:
- A space technology from US that converted into car care product
- It is a high technology magnet with super strong magnetic power
- Magnetic power will only start reducing if the temperature exceeds 180 degree Celsius compare to normal magnets of 60-80 degree Celsius
- Very carefully shielded without affecting other electrical equipments
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience