4age SVT - Air Intake questions

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
I guess you guys got the idea about trumpet. Well, its not that expensive converting from AFM to MAP. All you need is a Map sensor and BT ECU (maybe the AIT sensor too), which can be done at around RM1k. No need to change the entire wiring to BT =)

If you're going for cams and stuff, I think its best to convert to MAP. IIRC, there's some sort of flap inside the AFM which could cause restriction to the air intake... not too sure about this. Anyone has a pic of the AFM's pass-through tunnel?

On the other side, adding trumpet whilst keeping the plenum should also improve air intake a bit. If the Tom's plenum + trumpet is reasonable, it guess it should be best for SVT. Otherwise, custom-made 2" trumpet might do the trick.

The reason why some users might experience power loss with open trumpet is because stock ECU is not designed to optimize such application. This is where EMS (such as E-manage) helps to optimize the performance. In my personal testing, open trumpet + emanage helped me to gain power (based on feeling) and also 10-15km extra mileage.
HAHAHA.. agreed,,,

cus i am using it.. but with out trumpet.. going to try trumpet real soon..

hahaha

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com

Slap kao Pcmodding... :D bt wiring not expensive... :biggrin::biggrin:
very expeensive already.. ^-^ can make u pengsan leh... the price of the wiring set plus ecu is already rm1k something... then the labour for it leh... hahaha!!

but, anyway.. hahah!! good points there... never know that adding TRUMPETS inside the casing can do helps... and better air... and KHWONG... apak lu chakap la... kantoi u hang!~~:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: u are using trumpet jo r? I know u been using and testing with those casing...!!

I hate this sort of formulas stuff la.. and itu fukin 2zai belum give me that blitz kit to test.. 0_o... really kenot do a shit experiments now...

only can gather more and more informations and experience here...

and scottwrx... hmn... that cam thingy already got debate with someones already... at first i was thinking of that range of cam also... no need heavy money placed onto those tapper head, valve spring, then what else r... Janji that complete set of TODA cams stuff la... but then price of the cam is just barely not much of differences... -_- but that is out of this topic jor.... not in plan for the short timing in thisyear.. so

Have to gather more info and then increase the input.. and i think my fucking management going to be crash soon... coz i only increased those size of hardwares... but the whole setting on the management might be base on something else... Like other said, E-manage might be required here to set back the setting to proper ones... else either i be running rich fuel or the sohai management might just simply detect my engine setting...:mad::mad:

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
sbirdz: I know BT full wiring + ECU is expensive, that's why I suggested to just retain the SVT's wiring. You just need a MAP sensor, AIT (Air Intake Temperature) sensor and BT ECU. If you want the direct link on DIY guide for AE101 AFM to AE111 MAP conversion, please PM me ok. Dun la simply slap n kick me... huhu :bawling:

bro KHWONG, so keng until highlight my post meh...hahaha... help u promote a bit =)
Btw, I tot the Tom's intake originally comes with Tom's trumpet, right?
Sadly no Tom's intake for BT. If custom made using CF for BT roughly how much would it cost? Stock plenum is too freakin heavy! :slug:

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz: I know BT full wiring + ECU is expensive, that's why I suggested to just retain the SVT's wiring. You just need a MAP sensor, AIT (Air Intake Temperature) sensor and BT ECU. If you want the direct link on DIY guide for AE101 AFM to AE111 MAP conversion, please PM me ok. Dun la simply slap n kick me... huhu :bawling:

bro KHWONG, so keng until highlight my post meh...hahaha... help u promote a bit =)
Btw, I tot the Tom's intake originally comes with Tom's trumpet, right?
Sadly no Tom's intake for BT. If custom made using CF for BT roughly how much would it cost? Stock plenum is too freakin heavy! :slug:
:biggrin::thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: hahahahah!!!

hahahaha... well, i also dunno was it a full BT wiring or just half BT wiring.. dunno la.. how they kacuk BT head with SVT lower blocks and then wiring apak Hitam campur sama silver.. end up silverish!~ hahhaha!!!

but u provide me some good informations there.. :D so dun worry.. itu kick won't reach ur ass ones.. hahaha!!! :biggrin:

Calvin(ST)

Known Member
Dec 24, 2008
lol~~~
how come kick here kick there de?:rofl:

btw bro sbirdz if u tested den let me know de outcome ok?
planning 2 change too! kekekeXD

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Bro, the K&N ITB air filter looks nice but I think it defeats the purpose of "velocity stack"... unless you could fit the air filter to the velocity stack. But then, the filter appears to be restrictive thus might reduce the velocity effect. Also, 4 of those filters aren't cheap bro. Better get those pipercross air filter or cheapo motobike air filter.

Calvin(ST)

Known Member
Dec 24, 2008
bro sbirdz, how? tested jor anot? how de outcome?
how come no update de? dun diam diam de mod ur monster ok?:driver:
share wif us la! interested 2 know le! :proud:

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
Kick 9 calvin~! monster ur head hahahah!!! :thefinger::thefinger:

The thing at Daws tailo place jor.. but headache la lately.. otmolo go collect.. then come back home.. sendiri pasang ! WAHAHAhaHAHGAGAGAGAAG!!!! :D

then go test test.. hahhaha!!!:rofl::rofl:

Khwong, lemme find u somwhere around my house weekend r... :D then i can see the differences better ... hahahha!! :thefinger::thefinger:

Calvin(ST)

Known Member
Dec 24, 2008
ouch! dun kick me! hahahaha!:rofl:
ur car getting 2 be monster jor! kekekeke:P

so how so how?
u tested jor mei?
how de result?:confused:

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Eh.. sounds fun la..
KICK 9 CALVIN!
(For no apparent reason...)
Haha.. like football..

Anyways.. the filters are pretty useful when you're using your car as an everyday workhorse.
The K&N is definitely the best.. but you can save a bomb by opting to buy bike filters then modding them on..
If already using velocity stacks.. just use some fine wire mesh la...

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
I got back the thing jor.. but it is freakening LONG LA!!! that adaptor..

0_o lazy to test jor... gezz... have to go and get another shorter adaptor come back... still dunno why i eeee... hahah!!! kenot accepts the facts that using those blitz can be stronger... coz if i open my lower svt casing.. then :thefinger::thefinger: it mai the same as blitz lor...

ok la ok la... dun burn me.. tomolo i go take the adaptor back.. then i will install it and test it.. but differences how to feel? using back bone surely dun have black&white proof... confirm later kenak tembak by other sifus ones..

etc: "Lei sei sohai bird r! no diagram, no proof! dun come tok cock sing song r.." hHAHAHAHA!!!:rofl::rofl:

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
ok la ok la... dun burn me.. tomolo i go take the adaptor back.. then i will install it and test it.. but differences how to feel? using back bone surely dun have black&white proof... confirm later kenak tembak by other sifus ones.
Thats why must install dyno to backbone.. Then graph and diagram can print out from ass.
WAHAHA!!!

qpywsqp

Known Member
Jan 14, 2007
Sbirdz, go for the Blitz lah... I used before... better respond during high RPM...
Or else you can rebuild your engine, or Port n Polish lor...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bump: Just to shared.. wahaha... poison Sbirdz....
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/engine-and-performance/278672-%5Bwts%5D4age-trumpet-for-blacktop-silvertop.html

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda has decided to expand a recall related to a defect in the driver’s SRS airbag installed on certain vehicles produced in 2001 and 2002 and has issued a notification in North America and Japan. This recall also will be conducted in other affected regions/countries. The total number of vehicles subject to this expanded recall is 437,763 units worldwide.

Based on our ongoing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience