HELP NEEDED! prob with engine..engine symbol light comes on while driving..

keZzz

Aug 12, 2005
KL
Hi there,

my car has this prob for some time now. while driving, the engine symbol light will turn n it will not run smoothly when i accelerate. it will be jerking. so i have to turn off n turn on the engine again so that it can run smoothly when accelerate. sometimes once the engine light turned on, the engine will straight die, which is dangerous while driving as the steering will be locked. most of the time this happen when im at the speed below 40km/h.

i've send for service at 2 different workshops but still didnt manage to solve the prob. so if anyone has this prob n manage to solve it. could u pls help me out? thx..

fyi, i drive a satria 1.3 manual.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
hmm, it's time to change engine ade..huhuhu..just joking, sorry can't help ya cos i've nvr encounter this prob b4..

wirajadian

Known Member
Jan 22, 2007
i think u hv to go n check all your sensor connectors...it might be loosen up n affect your car perfomance.....

opex

Known Member
Jun 24, 2008
yup...check ur sensor connector.....n also ur fuel filter....

wael

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
www.mypanoramic.com
go to proton service center and re-tune your computer box.
last time my wira aeroback 1.3 also got almost same problem, when i slow down my car like to stop in traffic light or slow down to a bumper my car engine die.
retune my computer box then ok back to normal.

Zattara

Known Member
Jan 5, 2007
it`s all because the sensor. it always happened to the proton car with the vdo wiring system. many of my customer are having the problem. u can tune the computer at proton or workshop that have the tuning gadget example pro2000. but the problem maybe happen again or not depend on your car. last time my customer need to re-tune the computer in 3 weeks and now he fed-up with the stupid problem...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

keZzz

Aug 12, 2005
KL
thanks for ur replies...i did what wael said...it worked..
thanks =)

andasadi

Jun 13, 2005
KL
Oh...i got the same problem as well. Will try this method. thanks guys!:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hye all, im just looking to share some infos on this car. huhu

anyway, this is my sister's car, and she always complains about it not having pick ups. any ideas sifus?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience