Brake Kit for GTR34?

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Hey Bros...

Need some advice from all the expert out there...I am planing to upgrade my brake system to either to Endless or Grippen or AP Racing. So far after all the research and study on the internet, I am more confused now than before!

All the brand mentioned did have the Kits for 6 ports front and 4 ports rear, but which one is the best to replace the OEM (Brembo)?? Anyone tried Grippen or AP Racing before?? Only these 2 brands got stocks available to ship out any moment, only Endless need to wait for about 2 to 3 months if I am not mistaken...

Hope for advice or comment from you all out there yah!!:confused:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
i never try those all but a lot Race car using AP Racing even in GT500 GTR34...monoblock type is the best.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Honestly..
The OEM Brembo is darn good enough for street use

Since it GTR 34 Upgrade.. my advice is Either AP or Endless

i not idea about you but for me.
if you driving such car.. you need some brake that proven in race..
not in street use

well if you dare.. try to Porsche Monoblock Caliper
:driver:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Yeap bros, you all are correct, AP Racing are proven in track use but I am only a weekend driver leh...From what I know, AP braking are different from OEM as they need longer distance to brake or takes longer to stop the car (heavy duty type).
Last night I manage to found another one by the brand of Project U, but not much info on the web regarding this brand on street usage. Any comments on this Project U?

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Last time i've tried civic with Project U brake kit. Superb performance, felt the rush on late braking and gud from few lap race. But im not sure the if it perform nicely on GTR since i only loan the car from a fren for few days and can't test the reliability and durability.

I tot GTR Brembo brake is gud brakes since it comes from a reputable company. What happen to it?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Yeap bros, you all are correct, AP Racing are proven in track use but I am only a weekend driver leh...From what I know, AP braking are different from OEM as they need longer distance to brake or takes longer to stop the car (heavy duty type).
Last night I manage to found another one by the brand of Project U, but not much info on the web regarding this brand on street usage. Any comments on this Project U?
Bro,

With these brakes, they can sometimes lack bite when cold so you need to take it slow in the mornings but they can withstand high temps much better than the OEM Brembos. Not to say that the OEM brakes are no good - try changing pads, braided lines and go from there. No sense splurging on huge caliper upgrades just yet.

An interesting tale: A mate has an M3 with Brembo GT upgrade 6pot/4pot and once he was leaving a friends place. He had to brake suddenly cause the car in front of him stopped suddenly and even though he braked hard, ended up kissing the other guys rear bumper.

An this mate of mine although not in the same league of professional race track drivers, is quite experienced on track having podium finishes at Drag Combat in Australia. I know kaminari through him actually.

This was at low speeds so damage was hardly noticeable. He was driving for less than 2 mins so I guess this is what you mean when say said that upgraded brake kits take longer to stop - when they have yet to warm up properly.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Actually there are nothing wrong with the current OEM brake, just feel like changing the look and be more aggressive feeling. In the event need to brake hard, hope the upgraded kit will perform better than the OEM one..you know lah, those lousy driver around town just like to pull or come out in front of you for no dame reasons! Try ask Semperfi, he encountered too many times already and I bet him had lost count of it already!!

I guess you hit the bull eye this time, as many told me that upgraded kit gonna take longer to brake as it is still cold, I guess this is the correct term to put in. This is what bother me also...don't want to upgraded the system and later can't brake in time and kiss (touched wood) someone else..then will be shitty feeling!! Haa haa haaa haaa,

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
yea.. especially those didnt bother to look at the pad spec

happen to me once using a pad spec which is 100c to 500c on my Outlaw caliper
the farking brake need to warmed up every morning and have to slow down during heavy rain

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Actually there are nothing wrong with the current OEM brake, just feel like changing the look and be more aggressive feeling. In the event need to brake hard, hope the upgraded kit will perform better than the OEM one..you know lah, those lousy driver around town just like to pull or come out in front of you for no dame reasons! Try ask Semperfi, he encountered too many times already and I bet him had lost count of it already!!

I guess you hit the bull eye this time, as many told me that upgraded kit gonna take longer to brake as it is still cold, I guess this is the correct term to put in. This is what bother me also...don't want to upgraded the system and later can't brake in time and kiss (touched wood) someone else..then will be shitty feeling!! Haa haa haaa haaa,
Bro,

If the main reason you're changing brakes is for looks alone then you're better off saving your money. The OEM Brembos are more than adequate in most cases - as mentioned try changing pads, etc before replacing the whole thing. Only when you've fully maximized the potential do you consider upgrading.

Also, brakes that outperform the OEM brakes do not come cheap. And it's not a one off cost either. Do keep in mind that when changing to Endless/AP/etc that the cost of maintenance goes up with regards to replacement rotors and pads.

If you have problems with drivers in town then try driving slower or wait for empty roads if you feel the need to speed :driver:

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Thanks bro for the advice...If I can't found any reliable brand around and town, like you said, better save the money then!!

By the way, what do you mean by maintainance on the rotor? Ain't they are heavy duty and same as ori factory rotor min maintainance needed? As far as I know, only the calliper and pad need mantainance on it... :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Thanks bro for the advice...If I can't found any reliable brand around and town, like you said, better save the money then!!

By the way, what do you mean by maintainance on the rotor? Ain't they are heavy duty and same as ori factory rotor min maintainance needed? As far as I know, only the calliper and pad need mantainance on it... :hmmmm: :hmmmm: :hmmmm:
Like I said, the cost of goes up. I don't mean that you need to do extra maintenance but that it'll cost you more for basic replacement like pads and rotors. Pads would probably be 1k for the fronts, rotors around 4-5k for the fronts, etc.

Update: Bro, just got latest rotor prices for Endless and AP Racing for you to consider. Just the replacement rotors, no pads, nothing else.

Endless - RM3k each / RM6k pair
AP Racing - RM10k pair

Hahahah madness

Last edited:

calvintys

Known Member
Sep 24, 2004
klang
i have a friend whom used AP 6 pot on his front and 4 on his real on his 350z, but the only thing is, his disk wear off before his pad wear off and this is the second time i hear this kind of story, so think wisely choosing your pad, so pad do eat your disk faster then others. The millage that he got for his new set of pad and rotor its less then 15k.

As for cold problem, i though it all depend on what type of pad you are using, some pad only start effecting when it hold but some its not. It all depend on what type of application pad you are using , either track version or street. like 0c-500c or 200c -700c.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
Pimpin, thanks bro for all the information and pricing! Thanks!!

Bump: Pimpin, thanks bro for all the information and pricing! Thanks!!

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
[PIMPIN];3384070 said:
Like I said, the cost of goes up. I don't mean that you need to do extra maintenance but that it'll cost you more for basic replacement like pads and rotors. Pads would probably be 1k for the fronts, rotors around 4-5k for the fronts, etc.

Update: Bro, just got latest rotor prices for Endless and AP Racing for you to consider. Just the replacement rotors, no pads, nothing else.

Endless - RM3k each / RM6k pair
AP Racing - RM10k pair

Hahahah madness

I called Espace a while ago to ask them about AP Racing 355mm rotors for my CP5555 calipers,
they quoted me RM 4000+ after conversion for a pair without hats which is not too bad I guess.
Also how would a pair of rotors cost RM 10k a pair when the
normal 6 pot APs are only around RM 12-14k ?
It would be really ridiculous if its really RM 10k for a pair of AP rotors which tends to crack easily.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:D do u have such experience?when collect bills with big amount but don know where have been repair,lets share ur experience
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience