clog injector

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
sifus...how do we know that our injectors is not fully operating. what i mean is if it shud give 350cc but only producing 200cc...due to clogging or injector failure...can we monitor it through AFR? saw a piston melt in a lean running cylinder due to injector problem ..afraid this cud happen without noticing until white smoke come out.........any best method of cleaning/flushing it without opening...

also..is it normal if we get lean reading on AFR if the throttle is close rite after WOT or partialy opened?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
AFR only reads the amount of 'burnt' fuel, and I say this because if you have unburnt fuel flowing out the exhaust pipe (non firing spark plug from one cylinder causes this effect, there are other possible causes as well, like valve leak like in my case) the AFR would read lean.

Depending on where you install the AFR meter, it can read the total AFR for 4 pistons (the stock location on most Mugen/DC2 extractor,

or

you can read one cylinder, if you mount it in a location like the old EF's where the o2 sensor is in the 4th piston exhaust port, one inch out on the extractor. Then you'd need four holes and four bungs and switch the 02 sensor position after each test.

Personally, the idea of drilling a bung into my mugen B18C header is definitely not an idea I'd like to use. I'd just rely on having a healthy engine, then tune it.

If you mount AFR sensors on the normal location like the stock o2, you're reading the total AFR of the engine, NOT an INDIVIDUAL cylinder.
That's why if you have issues with the engine, the AFR value absolutely worthless.

Now I posted this before, but this is just proof that if the engine ain't healthy, the AFR reading is totally worthless. Unless of course, I happen to have a 'magic' engine that can idle at 20.8AFR.

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
wow is that from ur LM1 or hondata? mine reading got it from the apexi timer, dunno how accurate it is...:redface:

how reliable is our injector...compared to perdana's i have heared owners complaining on dead injectors..time for RCs

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, Can i replace MYVI electronic meter into Satria??? Anyone done this before and how many wiring should be modify it? I have saw it fix in GTI. Pls give some comment. Thx!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience