Questions

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
I need some expert opinion. Getting a bit confused with the variety of specs available for the Altezza.

1. Where is the TRC button for this one? What is the red button near the gear knob?

2. Does this bumper look original?

3. Why not buy an E46? (hehe)

clipguy

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
1. not sure, red button is to release shift lock when car engine is not running
2. no, the original one has a black center part
3. every auntie drives an e46

mydendenmushi

Jun 24, 2007
1. if there is a TRC in the car, the button will be on the right just below the navi. u can see in the picture there's actually has a slot but no button. for manual i think its there. but not sure for auto. did auto cars have one? the red button is as what clipguy said above, for releasing the shift lock. its written on the left side of the red button in japanese, says "release shift lock"

2. not really sure

3. buy it when u are over 50 years old

Last edited:

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
1: as they said.. release shift lock..

2: not the original..

3:why not..? i would... looks nice when modded and quite powerful with supercharger.. but the maintainence will kill you and burn a hole not only in your pocket but your bank as well..

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
1. I've seen others AT altezza's with TRC OFF button. This one doesnt have one. Weird?

2. Materials feels ori. The recond car was repainted. So i guess they re-painted the black part as well.

3. I agree, parts can be expensive. But regular maintenance isnt that much more expensive, or so it seems from the research i've done.

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Next set of questions:

a. How easy is it to source for spare parts? I was told the maintenance cost of an Altezza is just like a Vios. However, are the spare parts as cheap as a Vios? (eg. drive shafts, wheel bearings, brake discs, OEM absorbers, etc)

b. What is the most commonly used brand of springs to lower the ride height? Any issues using 18"s with lowered springs?

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
bro,

1. the TRC off/on button should be below the stereo system, next to the open slot...... the red button is for shift release......

2. try to feel the bumper inside...... if the bumper is having some feel like "fibre sheet" or rough surface, most probably its a fibre version... original ones should be able to tolerate some flex towards the bumper.... as for the black middle part, maybe it has been repainted....

3. E46? hahahah.............. u must be joking.......its a personal preference anyway....if u prefer everyone (literally) oogling at ur ride when u pass by some cafe/mamak, then altezza is ur choice (show off!!!- hahahah)

for normal parts such as filters and so forth, its rather easily available...... but for special parts such as drive shafts and body parts, its kinda rare....... normal wear and tear items such as brake pads are readily available.......

common used springs? not sure......but there are members running on tanabe, trd and so forth....... for an 18 with lowered springs, i dont think its a problem........ probably clipguy can give his comment on this.........

anyway, i have a set of tanabe springs for sale.......PM me for more info...... great handling and ur car looked stunning after installed........kekekek

WLA3366

Known Member
Jul 7, 2006
www.friendster.com
He he...

I think you got most of the answer already but just a little more add in - Some Auto doesn't have TRC. Not much driver know about this but YES there is 2 different type of auto...:_:

Meanwhile the 2 button is PWR ECT - is to rav. up the RPM before shifting while driving AUTO mode;

SNOW - YES, we dun have snow here but it works on rain... might be slower but you can feel the grip, especially half wet and dry condition.:shocked:

Riezal-R

500 RPM
Oct 14, 2004
KL
www.art-evo.com
Some Auto doesn't have TRC. Not much driver know about this but YES there is 2 different type of auto...:_:
So what does this mean? The car does not have traction control? Or the car will not allow to disable traction control?

Not fun la cannot turn off the TRC. If no TRC at all, also not nice.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
ok uhm.. some cars don't have TRC at all.. some have TRC but no button to disable it.. some has both.. i read somewhere where you can disable your TRC even without a button.

kanazai2001

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
home
1. not sure, red button is to release shift lock when car engine is not running
2. no, the original one has a black center part
3. every auntie drives an e46
i really LIKE clip's answers especially for question 3... :hahaha:

bout the TRC thingy at AT car...
no TRC version:
ABS system has no direct control of the throttle.
snow mode is just to reduce the opening size and sensitivity of the throttle.
power mode = reverse of snow mode.

TRC version:
ABS system controls the throttle opening when it is on.
snow mode = TRC on
power mode = reverse of snow mode.

*based on the ECU control & ECT diagrams... :shcokedcamo:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro zth-ers... i wanna ask bout rolling fender... do anyone know the best place to roll fender? if can, easy budget also.. thx

rgrds,

Gauze
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience