Very sad of owning an Almera=\

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Very sad, almera engine was no space at all for performance upgrade.
Does`t have any part for this car at the market currently.
Had been search for many shop in KL and selangor just for Air intake system upgrade, and everyone refuse to serve my almera. Just went to Works Engineering in Bandar Sunway branch, I tot Works Engineering DRG universal intake should be fit in my car, at long last after they brought whatever they call SIFU and refuse to install for me as well. They said this model was still new, does`t have any OEM performance part which can fit in yet, everything need custom work.:banghead:
Anyone can suggest me good shop which provided custom work modification??

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
True that the car is still relatively new and probably not yet much demand on performance upgrade, hence nobody selling too.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Sorry to say bro, but Almera isn't a performance car to start off with, so it natural that car shops don't stock upgrade parts for such model....besides, the number of almera cars on the road don't justify their business

Speaking of almera, I drive to kl almost everyday. I only bump into an almera roughly once every 2 days.....
How about other bros out there?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry to say bro, but Almera isn't a performance car to start off with, so it natural that car shops don't stock upgrade parts for such model....besides, the number of almera cars on the road don't justify their business

Speaking of almera, I drive to kl almost everyday. I only bump into an almera roughly once every 2 days.....
Hmm I think it's selling quite well. For me I'd surely see many times a day in KL!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

In Ipoh, Almera has become as common as Vios already. Whenever I went out, for sure I can see at least 1 Almera out there.

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
seriously? hmmm mayb i should source for some parts n sell...haha.....
yes, I even went to works engineering in sunway, they refuse to install for me as well, too much custom works single air intakes take 2~4 days

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

True that the car is still relatively new and probably not yet much demand on performance upgrade, hence nobody selling too.
But problem is, most universal kits can`t be install to the car, engine was too compact, no space at all.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Ya, I should had buy silvia S15, family hate used car:banghead:
But Actually I just hope to do small mod which can get a slightly better acceleration , not for racing, I din`t put much hope on this B segment N/A car as well. I was driving family 2.0L accord and CRV for long time, feel strange when change to Almera =\....

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

In Ipoh, Almera has become as common as Vios already. Whenever I went out, for sure I can see at least 1 Almera out there.
And most of them driving crazy fast... imagining they was driving a GTR....:rolleyes: I spotted a lot of crazy Almera driver

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
yewly1990,

No worries bro. Maybe instead of upping the performance of engine, try upgrade the ICE. Nothing beats the enjoyment of soothing crystal clear sweet music in the car, when driving home after a long hard day.....

just my 0.002 cents

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
yewly1990,

No worries bro. Maybe instead of upping the performance of engine, try upgrade the ICE. Nothing beats the enjoyment of soothing crystal clear sweet music in the car, when driving home after a long hard day.....

just my 0.002 cents

Ice took big amount of money to settle

yewly1990

Known Member
Aug 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
same goes to performance
Big different, Soundproof already took mor than 5k nearly 10k to settle for sedan car, I know a good Amp already cost 4k++ for 2 speaker.
But 5k in performance can get whole custom Stainless steel exhaust + intake + other etc.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
omg.seriously don have parts? i just test drive with my wife almeera last 2 weeks i think.but tatau wanna choose mana satu.hahaha.yaya almeera is leisure drive can lo not a performance.but nice la almera very comfort also =) if the tyre more wider lagi syok oh!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, wanna to know about what is weber carb and what is 4 throttle?

i tot both things is the same just the name tak sama oli, but my fren told me that i am wrong. is not same.

so, nid to ask expert here about this. just wan to make it clear about this two things. pls give me more info about this. thanks 1st to u all.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience