Clutch Kit Condition

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
Hi guys,
I've recently replaced my clutch kit from Exedy Clutch Kit Stage 1 to Ogura Super Single. My mechanic told me that the Exedy Clutch Kit is still usable but I'm in doubt. Please do let me know what you guys think. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
both look pretty decent...id keep it for spare or sell it off

better if the friction plate is in good condition too

why did u change in the first place? wanted the kring kring?

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
Awesome.. Haha.. Not for the sound of coz.. I daily drive the car.. But I have to be in the terrible jam everyday.. After all the stop and go traffic, the clutch starts to slip.. It seems the clutch could not withstand the traffic

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
stop n go, horrible jam..n u put in an even heavier clutch? champion man u...hahahahahaha...

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bro mADmAN, i heard ppl saying the Super Single is as soft as stock clutch, no? :hmmmm:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Bro mADmAN, i heard ppl saying the Super Single is as soft as stock clutch, no? :hmmmm:
never owned one...but the last time i tried it... its not... plus these clutches has a tendency of breaking clutch pumps hehehehe

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
actually, ehdrian is right. I first thought the Ogura Super Single is hard to drive but surprisingly, its not. Its more easier to drive compare to puck clutches. Anyway, this is the whole story. At first, i was using the Exedy 4 puck clutch and one day i went through a flood, not very deep. Soon after that, my clutch started to slip. Went to the workshop and dismantle the clutch. The 4 puck clutch plate is fairly used and the pressure plate has a very small burn mark. Since the 4 puck is out, i decided to change to the Exedy stage 1 clutch (organic) due to the heavy traffic which i have to go through everyday. After a few months after i replaced the clutch, which is recently, it started to slip after all the traffic i went through. Brought it to another workshop for checkup and found the exedy stage 1 has more burn mark on the flywheel and pressure plate. The technician told me that the stage 1 could not take the abuse of all the clutch in and out operation during the traffic jam. So he recommended me the Ogura Super Single which could withstand the traffic better. So yeah, im now using the Ogura clutch. Man, this is a long story. Sorry about that guys..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no prob... good read...

do update again in a few months... coz if clutch keeps slipping it might be another issue altogether

i know a guy who has the same issue... dunno whether rectified or not.. last i heard hes waiting for his fidanza flywheel to arrive.

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
sure, will do.. i did changed my 2nd gear synchro when i replaced my clutch. Had some issue with the 2nd gear change.
Anyway, i'm car pooling to work nowadays.. lol...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
how much did the syncro cost u? new?

n was it type r syncros or non type r syncros?

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
its used.. can't afford brand new.. tight budget.. gf making noise.. lol..
the used syncro cost RM400. Regarding whether its a type r or not, im not sure. I should have ask him..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
its used.. can't afford brand new.. tight budget.. gf making noise.. lol..
the used syncro cost RM400. Regarding whether its a type r or not, im not sure. I should have ask him..
rm400 used? last time I heard it was ard rm5xx new

wats the latest price for new synchros?

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
The ogura cost RM1200 second hand.. still have lots of life left..
As for the synchro, its my mistake.. i've asked the tech, its brand new.. sorry guys for the wrong info..