7A-GE 20v PRoblem...

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
your exhaust cam gear need to change to an adjustable 1..

coz timing a bit 'lari'..

try that 1st.. :wink:

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Kegani has no experience with 7a what makes you think it will work by going there.

Its better to go to Trial Tuning, they had a 7a

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi Bo Seg, any news progression fr ur project.....
i just share ur case to 1 of my fren....he ask ....

1) wat type of cp piston u use ?
2) do u grind ur valve.....said to allow faster air flow......

1 of his fren car ae111, bt 4age block wif Toda parts inside can achieve 170hp constantly, torge 17.....BT 1700cc

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
You are using 82mm high comp pistons you will need to port the head .

Check your gasket if its not 81mm bore!

suggest trd bearings and flywheel. change all conrod and bearing bolts.

288 cams should go well with the high comp pistons ,may need to disable the vvt.

use back the BT oil pump!!

Bo SEG

Jul 10, 2011
JOHOR BAHRU
hye all...after long time....if forgot to tell the result...

all the problem come because of engine timing marking not correct....this problem will come when you build 7age 20v...with using 4age 16v timing belt and standard 20v cam pulley on both side...
i already change exhaust pulley to adjustable type...and set back the correct or normal marking...and now the result is much better than before...the knock sound also gone a lot...mine still got small knock sound because of my compression......when i calculate the marking...you will advance / retard (i forgot) your marking around 8 degree because of your marking 'lari satu mata' when you put standard 20v cam pulley on both side...for good result...better use both adj pulley..but i love my vvt...so i only use on exhaust side...

after you done all this...you will feel the true 7age 20v torque...no need to rev till 9000 rpm to overtake another 20v...hehehe...

i already discover 7age 20v power...for me it's all about torque...on dyno also show 153hp on wheel..now i'm on my way back to 4age 20v with new setup skill n knowledge.......i'll post you my project soon...

thanks all for those who supporting me and give me advise...

Bo SEG

Jul 10, 2011
JOHOR BAHRU
bo seg,

where u bought 7a conrod .?
KEN RACING SUNWAY.....but need to order....takes about 5 weeks to arrive...price +- rm2200....duratech...

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

Yesterday when i'm on my way from jb to kuala langat to install sunroof on my car...my 7a broken at ayer keroh RnR...its sound like 'LORI tANAH'...now it only working with 3 cylinder...its too bad for me....1st cylinder didnt have any compression...that mean maybe my piston or valve broken...but it still can drive me back to jb today...after my car finish...lucky i use performance main bearing...con rod and pistons...hehe...

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bo seg,
pls update anythg happen to ur engine...? tq

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

hye all...after long time....if forgot to tell the result...

all the problem come because of engine timing marking not correct....this problem will come when you build 7age 20v...with using 4age 16v timing belt and standard 20v cam pulley on both side...
i already change exhaust pulley to adjustable type...and set back the correct or normal marking...and now the result is much better than before...the knock sound also gone a lot...mine still got small knock sound because of my compression......when i calculate the marking...you will advance / retard (i forgot) your marking around 8 degree because of your marking 'lari satu mata' when you put standard 20v cam pulley on both side...for good result...better use both adj pulley..but i love my vvt...so i only use on exhaust side...

after you done all this...you will feel the true 7age 20v torque...no need to rev till 9000 rpm to overtake another 20v...hehehe...

i already discover 7age 20v power...for me it's all about torque...on dyno also show 153hp on wheel..now i'm on my way back to 4age 20v with new setup skill n knowledge.......i'll post you my project soon...

thanks all for those who supporting me and give me advise...
u mean u want to go back to 4age......ist means u dun want 7age ? n y pls, can share here...?

Bo SEG

Jul 10, 2011
JOHOR BAHRU
bo seg,
pls update anythg happen to ur engine...? tq

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

u mean u want to go back to 4age......ist means u dun want 7age ? n y pls, can share here...?

i didn't barai yet my engine....because of money issue..my kelisa YRV also have g/box problem...so when i barai my 7Age..i'll post here...

sorry...in my opinion...7AGE got very nice torque....but it didnt increase HP...my 7A torque +- 17 when knocking....but now i forgot...based on dyno sheet...and it can't rev till 9000rpm on standard mode even you put e-manage...cp piston...my friend car from jb also 7AGE can rev till 10000rpm...but need 288 deg cam...and his engine always broken...for me if u put racing cam...fuel consumption will increase...and its not suitable for people who like to travel long distance like me...hehehe:biggrin:...

so now im on my way to build 4age 20v with standard mode...no using racing cam...only duratech con rod and ACL gold bearing...standard pistons...e-manage...walbro fuel pump..trumpet...adj cam pulley on exhaust cam and small modification at oil sump(after i do some research)...hope this setting will bring me till 9000rpm without any problem...and can bring me to long distance journey...hehehe

Bo SEG

Jul 10, 2011
JOHOR BAHRU
this is what will happen when you play standard 20V till 9500rpm...bearing burn and jammed...also causing con rod off...so this time i'll use duratech H beam rod with ACL GOLD bearing and balancing the engine...

Attachments

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
bo seg,

did u n ur fren..... modified 7a block like 4a, whereby got oil spray to piston n conrod..?.....n......do balancing crank....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro zth-ers... i wanna ask bout rolling fender... do anyone know the best place to roll fender? if can, easy budget also.. thx

rgrds,

Gauze
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience