Brake Caliper upgrade

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
no mention of brake pads... but he was using the BB1 with Brembo Max rotors...thats it

beelzebub

Nov 15, 2003
I think the stock EVO1-3/VR4RS should be 270+mm...but seems like some US spec VR4 will come with a 286mm rotor. Interestingly the Mitsu FTO also came with twinpots but 5 x 114.3. So for those who are already on EK9 hubs and you want to go twinpot..that is a possible option.

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm guys any idea why my car is facing this problem ? I posted the page before

I'm using steel braided now and I did bleed my system and drained the old fluid and put new ones

Problem is with acceleration brake pedal height is normal

After pumping the brakes without accelerating again the pedal height is slightly lower

Why !

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
give it a few more days...then see how... coz had a friend whp upgraded his brakes, also had the same issue... after a few days, ok liao...

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
madman : Yeah using r32 caliper n rotor bef (280mm) but only fit 16" rims with +40 off. In terms of weight is only 0.2kg additional fr oem ek9 .. but if include the base ... it will be more. Thats why feels more heavier than oem ... Rotor thickness oso differ ... materials oso diff ... r32 caliper is aluminium while oem ek9 is cast iron

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
just bought me a pair of silvia 4pot calipers....wheeeeeeee...

only thing is..no money to pasang...hahahhaha

gotta keep it for awhile first before installing :P

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
sell me ur bb1 brake then...lol....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
im using back the rotor...caliper only change :P

triplor

Known Member
Jul 9, 2007
just bought me a pair of silvia 4pot calipers....wheeeeeeee...

only thing is..no money to pasang...hahahhaha

gotta keep it for awhile first before installing :P

gonna put into 15' or 16' rims? can i know the caliper from s14 or else? i am planning to change my caliper too...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
gonna put in 15"... not sure which silvia...

but i do have 1 problem now....

i need suggestions on (replica) wheels that has forgiving barrel n spokes for 4pots... any thoughts??

type c rs? spoon/regamnaster? te37sl? type f?...if can give link to mudah even better...

im looking for 15x7 +35...but really dunno which one can clear the brakes...

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
:listen:

i need suggestions on (replica) wheels that has forgiving barrel n spokes for 4pots... any thoughts??

type c rs? spoon/regamnaster? te37sl? type f?...if can give link to mudah even better...

the easiest is to try and find p1 buddyclub as it comes in weird offset such as +17, +22, +33, etc, u can also try advan rg but a bit rare to find offset below 35, but ive seen a few with nice spec such as 15x7.5 with +25 offset..... as for replica, u can try the new rota wheels..... if wanna go oldschool then easy, can find ssr mesh, longchamp, watanabe, etc... price quite good too....

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

my relative done clear rx7 4 pot with taiwan advan rg in his ae101... somehow the rx7 brake is me who sold to him.. lol...... sifu madman's car must be very fast since nid big brakes...:adore:

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

or maybe a spacer can do, if u dun mind.. lol

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
:listen:
the easiest is to try and find p1 buddyclub as it comes in weird offset such as +17, +22, +33, etc, u can also try advan rg but a bit rare to find offset below 35, but ive seen a few with nice spec such as 15x7.5 with +25 offset..... as for replica, u can try the new rota wheels..... if wanna go oldschool then easy, can find ssr mesh, longchamp, watanabe, etc... price quite good too....
those weird offset would be ori wheels... dun wan ori.. no marnee...(n im also not that much of a fan of the design)

as for rota.. im already on rota auto x... but with the +40 offset and BB1 caliper it only barely clears...and i too lazy wanna drive far far to buy rims... rota in malaysia is extremely overpriced... so no way im buying it here..

looking at taiwan replicas at ah kit honestly... since its near my place...

my relative done clear rx7 4 pot with taiwan advan rg in his ae101... somehow the rx7 brake is me who sold to him.. lol...... sifu madman's car must be very fast since nid big brakes...:adore:

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

or maybe a spacer can do, if u dun mind.. lol
trying to avoid spacer... plus, spacer only helps with the spoke clearance.. the rim's barrel oso might be an issue... need to consider that oso...

and rx7 4pot caliper mmg small one from wat ive heard.. smaller than silvia oso iinm.

my car not fast... just that i like to brake late..hehehehhe

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
offset 38 is more then enough since r32 ori offset also +38... last time the evo 6 rim i used also offset +38 ,to clear a bigger evo 6 4 pot that as thick bout 4 inches ++

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
according to my friend who has to same setup said hes using +35 n mebbe had to use spacer oso...

the rotor tophat kinda plays a role in the offset thing oso...will just have to wait and see la....

in the mean time...im on the hunt for 15x7 +35 wheels...would be better if i can get 15x8 +35 :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello,

I recently saw a bottle of so called fuel line cleaner(cant remember the exact name) at an car accer shop selling for RM12. It says that im suppose to add it in my fuel tank and it'll clean the fuel line and carburetor or something and lower my fuel comsumption, increasing fuel efficiency. Just wondering anyone out there used anything like this before? Im having doubts about it and im scared of adding these kind of addictives into the fuel, scared it might cause trouble to my engine...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience