EG clubs/owner etc

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
to all otai, what camshaft can u recomment me to buy if i have a stock b16a with lintah air filter, rechip ecu and b18 ss header with full piping. thinking of buying new camshaft with valve spring and retainer.. thanks in advance..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wat kinda power u looking for?

theres the usual suspects....skunk2, toda, jun, brian crower, etc etc....

best bang for buck is B16B of course...

but a friend of mine did mention that the crower stage 2 was suitable for small displacement engines

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

oh and forgot to mention....when putting aftermarket cams...its best to have some sort of programmable engine management....chipped ecu doesnt even come close to being enough...e-manage with ignition harness would be the best bang for buck.

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
more kick then the oem b16a but streetable... besides b16b ( use items hehehe ) what other cams that i can look for without to do anything to the head and block?? thanks for the feedback...BC stage with the valve spring and retainer? how much gain can he get from that set up??

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
most cams with proper tuning are streetable... the only cam i know thats very tough to make streetable is the toda killer cams.

BC...dont know....he only said that only...didnt bother asking anything else...

check on skunk2 pro2...or skunk2 pro1...especially check on the recommended compression. also check on toda C or toda c2 as well...

again..with proper tuning...which means ull need adjusable cam pulleys as well as management.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
my cam??? B18C Type R...targetting Toda C2 though

with S300

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Talking about cams, I was talking to a Singaporean who also frequents the same workshop as me. He says that aftermarket cams are mainly for high rpm. So, he says we don't really need it. He says that how often we drive at that high rpm.

Do u guys agree? I thought the power is throughout the rpm.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
hes correct to a certain extent...

some cams give more benefits on the higher rpm range while some cams benefit the mid range...

havent heard of any cams benifitting low end range though... heh

reiden... why la?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
So, how would we know which is for mid or hi range?

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
It really depends much on the setup of your car and what it is meant for... Track, drag , autocross etc. IMHO Jun type 3 cams are the best. Skunk Pro 2s at not bad either. All have different profiles so you have to study them. Different tuners will recommend different cam setups for your cars. But u must bear in mind that these two cams are meant for engines with mid to high end upgrades with a higher compression ratio setup. Aggressive cams like the Jun type 3 are not meant for stock engines. Heard from my tuner that if you have a stock engine and u put in an aggressive cam like the Type 3, your powerband will actually take a dip and could come out worst than your ori cams. You really have to talk to the your tuner regarding which cam would be best for u with your current setup.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
agree with tomei... also not forgetting which cams ur builder/tuner is more comfortable with...

i initially wanted the pro2s....but my builder is a toda guy...n recommends the c2 for my b20....hence the reason im targeting them...that and also he gives a pretty good price on them..hahahah

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
ic2.. so madman what is your currently dyno hp if u mind to share?? my target is atleast to ctr 185 hp...heheheh any good recipe to achieve there kind of nvm...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ur target 185 on wheel or on crank?

my high comp 2L with B18C-R cams and chipped ECU + VAFC is at 187hp on wheel...

FYI, B16A with B16B cams +, B16B pistons + Type R intake manifold and TB will give u about 170-175 hp on wheel....few friends had this setup last time

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
wow with your 2L set up 187 hp on wheel..maybe i was aiming to high... lower my target to get 175 hp atleast i must do the following set up..can i just buy a b16b kosong only and just plug and play to my eg9 with b16b im and tb with rechip using crome...sorry for lots of question... will it worth it compare targeting to cam etc...can b16b use aftermarket spring and retainer ( which is recommended by you guys) without using the b16b spring and retainer??

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today, I bring you a car that has its acronym associated with so many names that it is impossible to list out all of it so I will list out what I have in my memory now:

- Brings Me Women
- Banish My Workers
- Bullied My Way
- Bought Me Wishes

The car was acquired by the owner roughly 1 and half week back. Has not been sent for detailing nor a polish job before (as far as owner knows). Being a proud owner of this mean machine, he wants only the best protection for his lovely ride...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience