NRG vs. Shadow

Q Ho Lee

From Facebook
Sep 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
iv been thinking of getting a few meters and came down to two options

SHADOW meters (slightly more expensive than NRG)

or

NRG meters

Both made in taiwan
Both within a similar price range
Both comes with similar items (wiring, sensor,stand etc..)

cant decide which one is better. . in terms of reliability, accuracy

anyone here with experience with any of these meters? please feel free to comment

thank you

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
dunno bout Shadow, using NRG now, oil press got problem after 2 months. the oil temp and boost ok still

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Had that question in my mind when I was shopping for my first boost gauge as well :) Price range IMHO aren't really in the same range as NRG boost is @ RM 200/pc but Shadow boost is @ RM 380/pc :P I had mine since 1 mth+ ago so far all still good ;) Look wise is of course Shadow nicer because it looks almost identical with Defi gauges but for price wise I'll definitely go for NRG ;)

RevMesh

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
hi all, i'm a dealer myself and used and sold NRG before, quality wise no issue. u need to find out about shadow now, i sell them but never used. its up to you to choose.

Q Ho Lee

From Facebook
Sep 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
thank you for all your replies

bro v1ctorong thank you for that, how do you adjust the warning value and reply the peak? because on the shadow.. i belive they come with buttons on the side/bottom.

and bro jun_ng_1208, thank you for the reply.. so which one was the one u ended up buying?? wasnt so clear in your post :S

most ppl seem to go for nrg.. anyone with shadow meters??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Q Ho Lee : Perhaps we can group buy. :biggrin: I'm looking for oil press, oil temp and water temp

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
if me i'll go for shadow...the EL lighting nicer than NRG...

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
thank you for all your replies

bro v1ctorong thank you for that, how do you adjust the warning value and reply the peak? because on the shadow.. i belive they come with buttons on the side/bottom.

and bro jun_ng_1208, thank you for the reply.. so which one was the one u ended up buying?? wasnt so clear in your post :S

most ppl seem to go for nrg.. anyone with shadow meters??
Haha :) I ended up with NRG gauge because the Shadow ones are bit expensive for me :P but so far so good ;) bought 1 replica Defi before but doesn't last long :(

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Been using Shadow BF Oil Temp and Water Temp for 1 and 1/2 years..... so far replaced the oil temp sensor twice, and the water temp sensor once... 2 times replaced under warranty, then once I had to pay RM80 for the replacement.

Q Ho Lee

From Facebook
Sep 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
thank you for the replies!!

bro jun. i want to buy shadows but my wallet keeps telling me to buy nrg hehe

and bro Dlegend besides the sensors failing.. did you have any other problems? thanks

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
for boost, get the one with peak hold, or the cheaper one. if the cheaper one has peak hold then buy that.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Cool. Anyone know anyone who'd be willing to sell to us cheaper if we group buy?

I want oil press, oil temp and water temp.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last week my gf's car got break in and lost a Kenwood CD player..

her car is a 100% stock..i donno whats wrong with ppl now dayz,and the player that got stolen is a normal kenwood player...

she is driving a satria,that damn thief broke the galss behind the driver door..that &%&* thief damn smart,i wonder y dont he break the glass on the driver door instead the wan behind,THAT IS FREAKIN MORE EXPENSIVE COMPARE TO THE FRONT ONES!!!

now she in complaining y the &^$*$& am i not staying at...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience