Planning to Get a DC5, good choice?

o3thK

Jun 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i'm planning to get myself a Dc5 and before i really want to commit myself towards such a beautiful ride, i would like to learn more about it.

Hope you guys can teach me more :)

1) If i were to buy a Dc5 ( Manufactured 2004 and above), is there any major problem that i would face in the next 3-5 years? ( From 2012 ) . It will most probably be a daily ride and used to commute from work to home and sometimes weekend drives.

2) Will there be any small problems that will happen often?

3) How is the fuel consumption? :confused:

Thanks in Adv. :wavey:

basikal_pancit

500 RPM
Apr 7, 2005
Selangor
yes it's a good choice.

I dont drive dc5 but a similar car to it :)

1. major problem? my major problem was my gearbox, the 1st gear stuck due to oil issue and water mixture - nothing serious

2.what do u mean by small problem? the only problem that bothering me is the dark privacy glass. every time go out takut jpj. hahaha

3. fuel consumption -> depending on ur weight..hehehe ( especially if ur kaki berat)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Very good car for a FWD, but I'd prefer Evo VIII for that kind of money cause it's AWD, much faster, and a more practical 4 door sedan. Only downside is maintenance and fuel will be more expensive than DC5 but I'd say it's worth the price for the performance you get.

o3thK

Jun 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks guys for the replies and suggestions :)

Still in a personal debate with myself about the car..
Would there be any annual maintainence i might need to do if i were to get it? Being a VTEC and all.. would it make any difference? Reliability wise i think Honda would be fine, but Honda sports cars? i dont know anything about them.. still learning more about the car before i make my decision :tongue:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Maintenance is just like any other car.

Parts may be expensive especially if ur putting aftermarket parts.

That's the real killer.. modding. Once u have a performance car, u'll be tempted to mod. And I was told modding Hondas are expensive (with proper branded parts).

o3thK

Jun 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Petrol? Whats the furthest on a full tank? ( slow driving.. not opening VTEC :biggrin: ) Any car owner would like to know their " furthest traveled on their ride in a full tank" or issit only me? :eek:

Maxivic

May 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

Dnt get a DC5, bad choice!
Why?
because u cant resist the vtec zone each time u drive and the symphony from the engine
because u get cucuk by its rivals because ppl wanna race with you
because its a wonderful machine for the track, u wont just use it for daily use only
because its a track car, K20 engine is on demand now and u will be more takut then certain group of ppl than blue/black uniform
;-)

Maintenance:-
Since its a Honda, easy to get parts from stockist. Some parts will cost u $ but some parts will cost $$$. This is are OEM parts i am referring to. So depends on what needs changing.

For normal car maintenace, its pretty much the same price as any cars unless you are going for premium oil brands. It will cost you between rm250 to rm450

Performance:-
Since its just not a ordinary NA engine ;-) u might move to the darker side..modification ;-)
plenty of mod options and tuners for this car! U can go for custom makes to branded items. Its all about the budget ;-)

Mileage:-

This is a subjective q esp car manufacturers like to use this as their selling point, how many kms covered with 1liter etc? Anyway, my friend travelled 600km (on highway only), 300km (city only) and 400km(city and highway only) all on full tank (50 liters) in his dc5. Based on the DC5 AUD brochure. its 9.5l/100km (mixed) and 5l/100km(highway). So you the maths and compare brochure and reality ;-)

Hopefully this will give you an indication on the consumption. By the way, dc5 only use ron97, so u need to add on 0.9 sens in your consideration if you are using ron95 for your current rides. HOWEVER, you can use RON95 and vtec too BUT need to mod.

All this was shared by my friend during tt session. I wish i could own one too, only get to sit in my friends car once awhile when we go mamak ;-)

happy deciding!

o3thK

Jun 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry, it maybe a stupid question

but why are some of the seats Black and some Red Seats?

And how do u differentiate type r and S? :banghead:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Don't buy DC5 lah, overpriced and somemore 2 doors car.

U could get a better car with that price bracket. 4 door somemore.

Somemore, vtec where got so fast one??

o3thK

Jun 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Don't buy DC5 lah, overpriced and somemore 2 doors car.

U could get a better car with that price bracket. 4 door somemore.

Somemore, vtec where got so fast one??

And what car would you suggest within the same price range? :confused:
Im looking for a car 2doors at least 4seater and is not an average car which u see in every highway u go to.

Easy to maintain
NA
2.0 or less :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day to to all the Sifusss, please help me on this, my w124 is shaking left right like sitting in the boat, it happened when cornering and sometimes on bumping road..i changed new 4 new absorbels and 4 new tires but still the same. any idea how this could happen? Please help. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience