Raised Hood..

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Cons of raised hood :

Raining and traffic jam, windscreen fog up faster.

Engine become dirty faster.

Windscreen become dirty faster

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
just to add to cruiser's post, some cars have a solid 'hook' on the swivelling part (where u place the washers/bolts); the hook hooks onto the bonnet via a few holes underneath for added security in case a front-end collision occurs

depending on how many washers/bolts u put between the swivelling arms and the hood, eventually the hook doesnt latch onto the hood anymore

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
actually, this mod is optional..

some people love it.. some people don't..

for example.. i love it.. so i did it to both of my car..

my dad don't like it.. so, he didn't..

it's up to d owner..

as far as i'm concern, head on collision is the most deadliest accident.. so, no 1 can predict what will fly, what will hit u, etc..

the best thing is to prevent accident in d 1st place.. drive slow2..

:biggrin:

Wilson13B

Known Member
Dec 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Last time when just done engine transplant and not yet get it endorsed,with this raised hood i caught JPJ attention when passing a JPJ roadblock....then kena block and asking to bukak bonet ~

At that time i feel that i gonna be in deep trouble this time but luckily manage to escape with some sweet talks ~ haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But raising the hood like that, is it really effective?
Cuz it doesn't improve performance.

Yes logically with that I think the hot air from the engine
is easier to come out from the engine bay.

1 thing, what happens when we wash our car?
Won't the water sprayed will be going in
more into the engine compartment?
Won't damage the engine?

Is it recommended? Just curious bros. :smile:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
But raising the hood like that, is it really effective?
Cuz it doesn't improve performance.

Yes logically with that I think the hot air from the engine
is easier to come out from the engine bay.

1 thing, what happens when we wash our car?
Won't the water sprayed will be going in
more into the engine compartment?
Won't damage the engine?

Is it recommended? Just curious bros. :smile:

nope it doesn't improve performance directly.....

but indirectly as the ambient temp. in the engine bay dropped, so do the intake manifold temp as well as air intake temp since the passage is a bit cooler....

it also helps remove heat better from engine bay especially if stuck in traffic jam..and indirectly could help reduce operating load time on radiator fan to cools the radiator....

power/response increase is always bonus when it comes to minor adjustment like this.....

*that explain why sports car mostly have hood vents to channel air out of engine bay better :adore:

-i also personally like hood vent hole better than raised hood....but malay old saying says: jika tiada rotan, akar pun berguna untuk ikat barang..means if no rattan to use,roots also can to tie your things for easier caryying item...

in this case....if no vented carbon fiber hood , lifted hood also can.... :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Cons of raised hood :

Raining and traffic jam, windscreen fog up faster.

Engine become dirty faster.

Windscreen become dirty faster
nope it doesn't improve performance directly.....

but indirectly as the ambient temp. in the engine bay dropped, so do the intake manifold temp as well as air intake temp since the passage is a bit cooler....

it also helps remove heat better from engine bay especially if stuck in traffic jam..and indirectly could help reduce operating load time on radiator fan to cools the radiator....

power/response increase is always bonus when it comes to minor adjustment like this.....

*that explain why sports car mostly have hood vents to channel air out of engine bay better :adore:

-i also personally like hood vent hole better than raised hood....but malay old saying says: jika tiada rotan, akar pun berguna untuk ikat barang..means if no rattan to use,roots also can to tie your things for easier caryying item...

in this case....if no vented carbon fiber hood , lifted hood also can.... :driver:
Thanks for the detail explanation bro Pomen, but will it have problems as mentioned by Bro Joeker?
Like during car wash, will have any problems when they sprayed water inside? through the space of the lifted hood?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Bros and Sisters of ZTH. This thread was created for the purpose to know the right Procedures ,Processes and HOW in Selling Our Cars, Buying Used Cars and Trading in our cars for a 2nd hand cars.

We all know and some are concern like me which we may end up in a scam deal when selling or buying a used car. So, I just hope everyone here can help to share what you know or based on your experiences on what procedures, processes and things to take note when dealing with used car dealers. I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience