BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmmm bro twin layer radiator will do better cooling right? N I need to get the water to go thru the turbo or what ?? Usually do ppl do that? I only know ppl will use the oil to cool he turbo... Hmmm maybe can go tt with u la.... Hope so to get more info from u.

kelly84

Known Member
May 14, 2005
PeeJay
anyone can PM me BOT for Lancer GT 2.0 CVT? I worry the CVT cannot tahan and if low boost how many hp gain? Tq

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
anyone can PM me BOT for Lancer GT 2.0 CVT? I worry the CVT cannot tahan and if low boost how many hp gain? Tq
How many hp depends on how many pressure u force in. And what turbo. Very hard to justify like that.

Also, different engine will respond differently.

Just like, 1 bowl of rice contain how many calorie of energy? Some bowl bigger some bowl smaller. Also, even if the same bowl of rice given to different ppl, the result will be different. Some ppl, enough, some ppl not enough, some ppl cannot finish. Even if saw size ppl, some ppl will absorb more calories n some ppl absorb less... So, very hard to justify.

So, ur question is like, how full will I be with 1 small bowl of rice??

Yeah, cvts are sensitive.

Sorry, pissing off example. But hope u'll get what I mean.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

BOTER's TT session CANCELED

Due to no confirmed attendance.

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
damn no tt session. D: hmmmmmmmm stucked with making decisions.. =S sigh

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

bot bot bot damn.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
LoLz... I'm back in KL, I wouldn't mind having a TT with BOT members... although I don't drive my BOT anymore lar. =p

kelly84

Known Member
May 14, 2005
PeeJay
How many hp depends on how many pressure u force in. And what turbo. Very hard to justify like that.

Just like, 1 bowl of rice contain how many calorie of energy? Some bowl bigger some bowl smaller. Also, even if the same bowl of rice given to different ppl, the result will be different. Some ppl, enough, some ppl not enough, some ppl cannot finish. Even if saw size ppl, some ppl will absorb more calories n some ppl absorb less... So, very hard to justify.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Nothing wrong with your response. Just want to boost around 240hp like that without blowing the CVT.....any turbo will do. Cheers.

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
Nothing wrong with your response. Just want to boost around 240hp like that without blowing the CVT.....any turbo will do. Cheers.

Hi bro,
i do BOT on my 2.4L VVTi Rav4 with 7speed CVT gearbox, 218whp at dynodynamic.. boosted at 7psi like that la.. so far not yet blowing the cvt, i think it also depends how u drive too..
i think if Garrett GT28 series also not bad..
im using Garrett AR50 T3/T4 57trim, fullboost at 3000 rpm

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Cheers.

thats true bro.. but i think with lancer gt stock engine, better low boost la.. maybe 0.4bar or 6~7psi like that.. in term of CVT gearbox, it also depends how u drive it, drive like mad dog, stock engine the cvt also will hangkang hahaha

ronaldinho_375

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
bro here,
i BOT my 4g18 bout 1-2weeks ago..my problem now my engine oil kering... i dont know what's the problem...
anyone facing this before?
its normal always to top up the engine oil... now feel a bit scare..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
bro here,
i BOT my 4g18 bout 1-2weeks ago..my problem now my engine oil kering... i dont know what's the problem...
Not normal.. Check for oil leak. Return line at oil sump, feed line from head (Normally tapped from the oil pressure switch) and head gasket.

mediocre2

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i was thinking of supercharging my 4g91.. compared to turbo i think my stock internals can tahan better than turbo right since im gonna boost at around 0.4 bar i guess it should be fine rite? haahahaha i repeated my post again. XD

pioneer411

1,000 RPM
bro here,

also check ur exhaust there got asap putih or not..
maybe turbo leaking too ma.. see where got basah basah lo :)

ronaldinho_375

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Not normal.. Check for oil leak. Return line at oil sump, feed line from head (Normally tapped from the oil pressure switch) and head gasket.
already check it..
the point below turbo that tube channel to oil sump (oil return line) got some wet surface.. my pomen said sikit je minyak kuar situ...
line from turbo to filter (oil feed line).. no leaking
on top of head cover got 2 point left n right... on left going to manifold.. but belah kanan xda pipe biar gitu je.. maybe got some buble... its normal for BOT car??...

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Problem No. 2
last weekand sunday i full boost at guthrie highway around 15-20 second... but then cant boost.. meter drop to vacuum engine x mati but press the pedal only rpm goes but nothing happen like slip... then i slow the car... park beside the highway... stop the engine..
check samaada got any hoses tercabut.. but nothing happen... start the car n drive normal...
any comment here from senior what happen?
turbo got boost cut??
engine oil kering can happen this??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

Anyone would like to recommend me a good exhaust shop who does a nice quality job and has a wide range of mufflers or if not able to custom them.

Planning to have a complete cat back exhaust upgrade and to go stainless steel all the way. So, hoping that the shop also does TIG welding.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience