Meter and Millage not moving

Skyfiro A32

Known Member
Jun 12, 2007
Hi all,

does anyone noe hoe to diy fix the saga lmst meter?

my km/h meter and the millage is sometime moving but sometime not moving or sometime in the km/h will keep jumping even my car is stop at the traffic light or traffic jam.

any sifu noe what is the problem for my meter?
is some sensor kong or wiring problem or meter kong?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Hi all,

my km/h meter and the millage is sometime moving but sometime not moving or sometime in the km/h will keep jumping even my car is stop at the traffic light or traffic jam.

most probably the meter itself konged. just changed new one...my father in law encounter such prob b4, twice and have changed 2 new meters

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi all,

If the speedometer stays stationary always, it has to be the rotating cable connected from the GB to the meter snapped in the middle. If sometimes jump up and down... Idling having 80km/h or whatever reading... Meter spoilt 7 jor....

Go spareparts shop, say ur speedometer spoilt 97 jor... then they'll know what to sell u...

Skyfiro A32

Known Member
Jun 12, 2007
hmm..act the speedometer is sometime will be normal,millage oso normal..but it will suddenly not moving then it will suddenly move back to normal or will jumping around 60km/h to 80km/h.

so not really sure is it the meter kong d..and sometime will hear some sound lik electric sound from somewhere..

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
hmm..act the speedometer is sometime will be normal,millage oso normal..but it will suddenly not moving then it will suddenly move back to normal or will jumping around 60km/h to 80km/h.

so not really sure is it the meter kong d..and sometime will hear some sound lik electric sound from somewhere..
Greetings, Judging by the electrical, this could be a loose connection at the back.. Have you opened ur meter panel before? But if u say then it suddenly starts jumping , then it's ur meter, over time the plastic that holds it together, gives way. What makes it worst is the heat these days..
Would suggest to check;
1. Connections
2. Speedo Cable (depends or how normal u say ur spedo behaves at times.)
3. Meter

btw,
Ur spedo normal during wat speed?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
If newer and moderner car, it should be the electronics.

But since you said its a Saga LMST, confirm it is only the meter cable.

1. I guess the cable snaps at center.. so intermittently ok and not ok..
(ok when it is connected), and after vibration, disconnected and become not ok.

2. Or possibly also, the meter cable just came off at the gearbox area..

Check at your gearbox. There should be a black cable connected to it and goes
into the car thru the firewall. Push it back inside nicely. If the cable is already
plugged in nicely, then surely the cable snaps in the middle. Just go to sparepart
shop and ask for meter cable for saga. probably RM50-RM100. Mine (honda city)
cost about RM120. I DIY install nia.. easy..

Skyfiro A32

Known Member
Jun 12, 2007
thanks for all the replies bro,

i was check the gearbox black cable thry the firewall,dind't feel any wrong..
it's pretty tight..

but...the meter is working well in this whole week..:confused:

btw,anyone noe how to remove the saga lmst meter?
plan to open up and check the meter since my hazzard light in the meter has been burn,can change it oso :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We had already taken a peek on how the guys with their naturally aspirated time-shavers lap the Sepang circuit, and they could really post some pretty impressive lap times. Especially those that run the Honda Civic FD2R, they literally dominated most of the top spots! But now, it is time to shift our attention and find out how the guys (and a girl) with some extra boost strapped to their engines and the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience